What being Elite saves

Talisker92

Sometimes that is a good perk, other times it is not.

If the person handling the elite line is working on a time-consuming problem, the regular line will move much faster than the elite line.

Exactly. I find that most of the time the regular line moves faster than the Elite.

I know it like asking for ice water in hell but I really wish they would increase the upper level. It wouldn't kill them to give $150 for people over say 60 or 65 cruises. Not that most people would ever reach that level.

What I don't understand it why the Elite OBC is per cabin and not per passenger. If both passengers in the cabin are elite why shouldn't each person get the own OBC....they earned it!!

Please ignore.......Sorry, saw this has already been addressed in previous replies.

Sometimes that is a good perk, other times it is not.

If the person handling the elite line is working on a time-consuming problem, the regular line will move much faster than the elite line.

yes sometimes it is slower, but happily on the Golden two weeks ago where the lines were horrible due to the rough seas, late arrival in LA and people complaining about internet, there never was less than 20 in the line, but thankfully everytime we got in the Elite line the purser staff who came avail next always asked for the person in the Elite lounge to go forward. Of course this just iritated the people in the line even more.

What I don't understand it why the Elite OBC is per cabin and not per passenger. If both passengers in the cabin are elite why shouldn't each person get the own OBC....they earned it!!

Please ignore.......Sorry, saw this has already been addressed in previous replies.

You could get double credit- just book two cabins. ;)

:)

yeah we were surprised it was per person, and was hoping that Princess changed their policy. Oh well it didn't last long anyways :)

one perk we like is the new elite line up at the Purser's desk even though we often get "looks" from others - but I like to think we only paid $50,000 for this priveledge.

Vickie

Vickie, I just located the information that was provided when this was announced. This is exactly what it states:

"† The Loyalty Commend onboard credit is applied per household, rather than per person. As an example, a husband and wife traveling in one cabin who have both earned 25 cruise credits will receive one onboard credit of $25 to share. "

one thing I wanted to see is that we have been getting the loyalty credit of $25 per cabin for the past few sailings. This last cruise we did we each got the $25 -- has Princess changed their policy? I believe it should be each person who is sailing since we are both over 21 sailings. Or is this just a one off. Has anyone else gotten this?

Vickie

I have received the $25 loyalty credit on a per person basis twice. I have sailed with a family member who is also elite with 25+ cruises (not spouse) with the same last name, but different address and we both received the $25 loyalty credit. So key here may be the word "household". If you have different addresses, both will get credit.

Is that a joke? :D and if not it's plural bottles?

No, it's honestly not a joke.

You get two airline one shot bottles of vodka (usually sky vodka), two bottles of gin, two bottles of courvoisier, and two of CC (or equivilant). Plus, two bottles of water, two bottles of Perrier, two cokes (or diet cokes), two sprite, two tonic water and two beers. (I think that is a completely list. I have a picture somewhere of the complete set up).

No matter how many are in the cabin, the set up stays the same.

If you book a full suite and you are Elite, you receive two complete set ups.

Edited-Here you go, read it direct from Princess. http://content.princess.com/princess/?jlJkWPejbYRWORNaN9sYUtMT5g25mIANj

Vickie, I just located the information that was provided when this was announced. This is exactly what it states:

"† The Loyalty Commend onboard credit is applied per household, rather than per person. As an example, a husband and wife traveling in one cabin who have both earned 25 cruise credits will receive one onboard credit of $25 to share. "

yeah I am aware of the policy and I have always only gotten $25 per cabin, well at least the last four times since we have only had it for four sailings now, but this time we each got it.

I certainly wasn't going to go to the purser's desk to say anything - and quickly ordered a drink

just wondering if anyone else has ever gotten it per person too

vickie

yeah I am aware of the policy and I have always only gotten $25 per cabin, well at least the last four times since we have only had it for four sailings now, but this time we each got it.

I certainly wasn't going to go to the purser's desk to say anything - and quickly ordered a drink

just wondering if anyone else has ever gotten it per person too

vickie

We both received it in June too and have been for as many past cruise as I can remember.

Thats a real bummer if it continues to be per household. :mad:

Guess we will find out at the end of the month. :)

For us, the laundry is the biggest additional benefit we get for being elite. Assuming we are not planning on spending a lot of money in the shops (so the 10% discount has limited value), I would value the amenities as follows:

• mini-bar: We would probably spend about $25 more on soda (total for 3 of us). We don't drink a lot of soda, don't buy the stickers, usually bring most of the individual bottles home, and don't have a strong need for bottled water. We would probably spend an additional $25 if we didn't have the mini-bar set-up.
  • internet: We would probably spend $75/person on the internet. However, this is not an additional benefit of being elite. You already get this at platinum.
  • canapes: $0. Haven't gotten in a while. Food is so plentiful, and prefer the IC and/or snacks that are available once you are platinum over the canapes.
  • afternoon tea in cabin: Love this benefit, but it's hard to put a specific value on it. Maybe $50-$75 for 3 of us.
  • priority tendering: Love the convenience of this, but (again) it's hard to put a value on it. Maybe $30 for 3 of us.
  • laundry: I'd probably value this at at least $200 for a 7 day cruise. It would cost me either that much to send it out, or the equivalent in time and aggrevation for doing my own laundry. For the 3 of us (wife, daughter and me), we generally send out laundry several times during a 7 day cruise. Give the prices, our laundry bill would average several hundred dollars for a 7 day cruise. It is certainly worth more to us than the monetary cost of doing our own laundry. I consider my time to be pretty valuable--especially when I'm relaxing on vacation. I don't want to spend it doing laundry.

We both received it in June too and have been for as many past cruise as I can remember.

Thats a real bummer if it continues to be per household. :mad:

Guess we will find out at the end of the month. :)

I'm not understanding how you could have been receiving this per person, when everybody I know receives it per cabin. As it is written and as it has always been written. I'm coming up on cruise #52 this weekend and you can be sure there will only be one $100 credited to my account. Actually, chauvinistic cruise line puts it on my husband's account.

No, it's honestly not a joke.

You get two airline one shot bottles of vodka (usually sky vodka), two bottles of gin, two bottles of courvoisier, and two of CC (or equivilant). Plus, two bottles of water, two bottles of Perrier, two cokes (or diet cokes), two sprite, two tonic water and two beers. (I think that is a completely list. I have a picture somewhere of the complete set up).

No matter how many are in the cabin, the set up stays the same.

If you book a full suite and you are Elite, you receive two complete set ups.

Edited-Here you go, read it direct from Princess. http://content.princess.com/princess/?jlJkWPejbYRWORNaN9sYUtMT5g25mIANj

Thanks... I know this isn't Silver Sea but when I think of bar set up I imagine a bottle...not airline bottles...but I'll take it. We will only get one since we're in a mini suite....

CC

Thanks... I know this isn't Silver Sea but when I think of bar set up I imagine a bottle...not airline bottles...but I'll take it. We will only get one since we're in a mini suite....

CC

But if you think about it, a mini bar (even in hotels) consists of those small one shot airline bottles. So, they are advertising the 'mini' bar, exactly as it is presented. ;)

But if you think about it, a mini bar (even in hotels) consists of those small one shot airline bottles. So, they are advertising the 'mini' bar, exactly as it is presented. ;)

But the "mini" bar in hotels are little bottles because your charged per bottle(drink) just like the regular mini bar in the frig on board. When I think of a "bar set up" I was thinking a bottle of your choice.Since somewhere it said in their literature that a bottle would be placed in the cabin and you could request that liquor choice in your cruise personalizer and if no choice was not selected they would select one for you which you could exchange if you wanted to. Not an array of small bottles.... but again it's included and I won't look a gift horse in the mouth...:p

CC

But the "mini" bar in hotels are little bottles because your charged per bottle(drink) just like the regular mini bar in the frig on board. When I think of a "bar set up" I was thinking a bottle of your choice.Since somewhere it said in their literature that a bottle would be placed in the cabin and you could request that liquor choice in your cruise personalizer and if no choice was not selected they would select one for you which you could exchange if you wanted to. Not an array of small bottles.... but again it's included and I won't look a gift horse in the mouth...:p

CC

That's true. You will be getting 8 little bottles and if you want to change them for another "flavor" you can. You want all vodka, just call room service. Same thing as your soft drinks. Six of those and they can be exchanged for anything else in their soft drink cache.

We're still just Platinum, but I figure in the cost of the Internet minutes before booking cruises. I have to figure out what it would cost to have Internet access if we booked on a Celebrity or HAL ship. We've sailed once on each line since attaining our Platinum status on Princess.

DH's job is such that he has to have the access. I end up using my minutes as well, but I could get along without Internet access if I had to (and just bum a few of his minutes).

I'm not understanding how you could have been receiving this per person, when everybody I know receives it per cabin. As it is written and as it has always been written. I'm coming up on cruise #52 this weekend and you can be sure there will only be one $100 credited to my account. Actually, chauvinistic cruise line puts it on my husband's account.

highheel girl, Is it possible you and your hubby don't share the same last names? (trying to think of different reasons this might happen).

No,the names are the same.

Just pulled out the folio from the CB in June.

Hubby received $75 and I received $25.(listed as Company Credit, 1 on his and 1 on mine)

Not the $50 I should get but at least something. :D

Archived