Open bar card/add on

ADC

Hello!

I just took my first cruise a few weeks ago and am addicted! Since returning, I came across some threads discussing an "open bar" program available to large groups. From what I've read and understand, the group would have to actually book their cruises together at the same time to get the deal, correct? As opposed to just recruiting a group of people after the fact? Any current info on this would be greatly appreciated! I'm already chomping at the bit to book another one!

Hello!

I just took my first cruise a few weeks ago and am addicted! Since returning, I came across some threads discussing an "open bar" program available to large groups. From what I've read and understand, the group would have to actually book their cruises together at the same time to get the deal, correct? As opposed to just recruiting a group of people after the fact? Any current info on this would be greatly appreciated! I'm already chomping at the bit to book another one!

Does CCL offer this?

Hello!

Are you maybe thinking of the open bar party that is available for groups of 20 or more? That would be a one time event at about $11 a person for drinks and booked through group planning. CCL doesn't have any sort of an open bar program other than that that I am aware of.

Hello!

You are correct. You must book as a group and every person in the group must pay for the card.

there was a group of 60 on my Destiny cruise on 9/29 . They had an open bar card. However, at the blackjack table, he was telling others that if he gave anyone else a drink, the whole group would be cut off... if I had an open bar card and they cut me off after I paid for it because of someone else maybe giving someone a drink while they were intoxicated... I would be pretty upset...

The cost is closer to 350pp (but even that sounds cheap- I thought it was like 70.pp per day) and like posted EVERYone in the group MUST purchase the program.

700 per couple is a lot of drinking for some people. Considering that maybe 4 days out of the 7 is a port day. One really gotta do some serious drinking in order to get the moneys worth

Was part of the Destiny group 9/29. I did not think it was worth the extra cost. It was approximately $400 more a person. Yes that does include your gratuties but it was only a 4 day cruise. That leave $360 in drinks each. Didn't even come close to that for the two of us. Wouldn't do it again. My most expensive bar bill out of all of my 10 cruises was $800 and that was for 6 of us.

there was a group of 60 on my Destiny cruise on 9/29 . They had an open bar card. However, at the blackjack table, he was telling others that if he gave anyone else a drink, the whole group would be cut off... if I had an open bar card and they cut me off after I paid for it because of someone else maybe giving someone a drink while they were intoxicated... I would be pretty upset...

I was in one of the Open Bar Card groups on that cruise. One of the crew members said there were over 200 passengers on board with them, although I don't know if they were all in our group.

The Open Bar Card is only available to large groups, and is not automatically granted. CCL has to authorize it, and all in the group must purchase it. It is a very nice program, although the bar staff this year were much less pleasant than they were on Sensation last year. On Destiny it seemed like they were avoiding us in some cases, and once they learned that we had the cards they never came back to us again.

The cost is closer to 350pp (but even that sounds cheap- I thought it was like 70.pp per day) and like posted EVERYone in the group MUST purchase the program.

700 per couple is a lot of drinking for some people. Considering that maybe 4 days out of the 7 is a port day. One really gotta do some serious drinking in order to get the moneys worth

Challenge accepted :P

• 4 months later...
CCL does, more info Convertimia at yahoo, they wont let you post it here.

You can post about the open bar card .. You cannot give out you email to get or give TA info.

What are you suggesting they contact you about? Any group of 40 or more can get it if everyone pays for it. No secret.

No, not a secret, and it's a group of 30 or more, but the last time I posted something about having one they booted me off here, and all I posted was the ship, the date and that I was ready to go. I just wanted ADC to know they exist and how they can book one, if they have a group.

If there are children in the group they must get a soda card. They do make exceptions to the "everyone in the group over 21 must get the card. I have a cousin who has some health issues she was able to obtain a doctor's cert that stated she was unable to drink alcohol and receive an exemption.

My cousin puts together these "booze cruises". We booked with the group one time. We did lose money. My DH only drinks beer and only maybe three or four a day. I on the other hand can drink 10-12 foo foo drinks without a problem. Worth it for me not for him.

However, it was sooo nice not to worry about our sail and sign and it gave me the opportunity to try out new drinks without worrying that I would not like them.

I saw no difference in our service using the bar card. We always tipped an extra dollar. I even had servers try to give me back the dollar saying it was included in the card.

I think it would be great to have as an option. I would not mind paying another $350 or so for a week cruise not to have to worry about it anymore. I hate waking up in the early morning with a hangover and having to look at the tv to see what the damage was from that night of binging. I would much rather just put my energy towards getting a bloody mary and working on getting rid of the hangover and start on the next one. :) I hate the last night of the cruise, when the reality of it all sets in...if I paid a flat rate, I wouldn't have to cringe at the final sail and sign amount.

For our conquest 7 day in December it was $400/person and worth every penny. Not worrying about money the entire time was great. We saved our receipts and it was over $1500 for the two of us had we paid for each drink... $200 of that was water alone!

• 1 month later...

Hopefully you would be upset at the person who gave someone a drink, not the cruise line that told them beforehand about the consequenses.

For our conquest 7 day in December it was $400/person and worth every penny. Not worrying about money the entire time was great. We saved our receipts and it was over $1500 for the two of us had we paid for each drink... $200 of that was water alone!

IMPRESSED!:D:p;)

Archived