Corkage Fee...

MadCnty

Heck no.........drop a chance to make money???:eek: They still charge the corkage fee..even if you buy a bottle ahead of time (online) and it is in your stateroom..........need to have it directly sent to the MDR to avoid the corkage fee..

Not allowed to bring your own bottle onboard.........

I believe they still have a corkage fee although it would seem it would not be necessary since they don't "allow" you bring wine on board. I really think the corkage fee is used now when you pre order wine for your cabin and then decide to take it to the dinning room. I don't have any direct experience with this however.

Well you used to be able to bring the wine on board and they would hold it for you, then deliver it to the MDR... We like Lakeridge Southern Red and I paid more for corkage at Emerils in Orlando than we did for the wine itself...:rolleyes:

Well you used to be able to bring the wine on board and they would hold it for you, then deliver it to the MDR... We like Lakeridge Southern Red and I paid more for corkage at Emerils in Orlando than we did for the wine itself...:rolleyes:

Yea,those days are gone.........

Southern Red is pretty cheap..........you should go to the winery when you come to FL in Dec..

Yea,those days are gone.........

Southern Red is pretty cheap..........you should go to the winery when you come to FL in Dec..

I would but I have no way to get it back home... They (the winery) cannot ship to IN and UPS/FedEx will not even carrier it, because of that reason... So each year I have to wait for the "snowbirds" to come home...:p

I would but I have no way to get it back home... They (the winery) cannot ship to IN and UPS/FedEx will not even carrier it, because of that reason... So each year I have to wait for the "snowbirds" to come home...:p

FYI-------Most of the supermarkets here carry it now.........not like a few years back,when you could only get it at the winery......

Too bad IN doesnt allow it..........

I know that RCI used to allow folks to bring their own wine for dinner, and then would charge a corkage fee, for doing so... Is this still the case, or have they totally done away with this service???

There is now a $15.00 corkage fee if you bring you're own wine to dinner. However I you walk into dinner carrying a glass of wine they just think that you're coming from the bar.

If your wine bottle is delivered to the dining room (a bottle that you've bought onboard), there is no "corkage fee". If you bring a bottle from your cabin, there may be a charge. Just pour a glass and bring it with you. You may take drinks just about anywhere on the ship.

If your wine bottle is delivered to the dining room (a bottle that you've bought onboard), there is no "corkage fee". If you bring a bottle from your cabin, there may be a charge. Just pour a glass and bring it with you. You may take drinks just about anywhere on the ship.
I do believe this very thing was already said...

Heck no.........drop a chance to make money???:eek: They still charge the corkage fee..even if you buy a bottle ahead of time (online) and it is in your stateroom..........need to have it directly sent to the MDR to avoid the corkage fee..

Not allowed to bring your own bottle onboard.........

There is now a $15.00 corkage fee if you bring you're own wine to dinner. However I you walk into dinner carrying a glass of wine they just think that you're coming from the bar.

As with many other things, the enforcement of the corkage fee seems really inconsistent from ship to ship.

But here's the part of the policy that I really can't figure out - as a Diamond Plus member, I'm sent a bottle of wine as an amenity from Crown and Anchor. I have a choice to have it sent to the cabin or the dining room. If it's sent to the dining room, no corkage fee. If it's sent to the cabin and then I decide to bring it to the dining room, then the fee applies. (sometimes) So, I request that it go to the dining room (not that they always follow the request), but it just doesn't make sense to me. (I know, stop trying to be logical when figuring out their policies.)

Archived