Late show after late dining - Mariner?

miklinga

We will be on the Mariner TA October 26 - Rome to Galveston. We have late traditional dining. In reading some posts some have said that the only show options are before dinner! Does anyone know if this is true or not? We would be dissapointed if it is. We have cruised on several other lines any they have always had a show after both early and late seating.

Thanks for your comments!

Mike and Linda

Main (early) seating goes to the shows AFTER dinner. Late seating goes BEFORE dinner. A couple of nights, there will be a "late night adult" show, it's at 10:30 so everyone can attend.

It most certainly does NOT work that way all the time. It is variable where sometimes late seating's show is before dinner and sometimes after.

Donna K answered the question correctly.

Thank you for your replies. I received the following message from RCI:

"To accommodate both guests who have reserved our traditional early (6:00 pm) dining in the main dining rooms and those who have selected late (8:30 pm) dining, two performances of each show are typically scheduled for each evening. Thus, guests with early dining will have time to finish their meals before the late show begins, and guests with late dining will have time to enjoy the show before their meals. We encourage you to consult the daily Cruise Compass guide once onboard for specific details regarding the times and locations of the onboard entertainment."

The times for shows are a guideline/suggestion. You can actually go to any show you want. They certainly do not check Sea Passes at the door to see which dining time you have. Go when it's convenient. Some nights you may go to a specialty restaurant or to the Windjammer... just go to the show you want. :)

I was told by the production staff that the show times are determined by the age demographic on board.

If there is a younger demographic then the late seating show will be after the second seating. If it is an older group, then the show will be before dinner.

I have seen it vary by night on the same sailing. It is pretty hard to change the demographics mid cruise.

Main (early) seating goes to the shows AFTER dinner. Late seating goes BEFORE dinner...

Except for those evenings when the late seating show takes place AFTER dinner.:rolleyes: Frequently the show for second seating guests is scheduled before dinner, but not ALWAYS so perhaps you should qualify your statement to avoid providing erroneous or misleading information.

I know many folks who go to late seating who complained that they were too full from dinner and too tired to attend shows that didn't begin until after 10pm so perhaps the schedules were changed to accommodate those people, at least on some evenings.

Sometimes there is only one evening show instead of two. Often the "Welcome Aboard Show" and the final "Farewell Show" are only done once -- at least on my cruises this is true. And on my March, 2010, Voyager of the Seas for some reason there was only one show (a magic show) Wednesday night -- mid week. (It was very crowded -- no seats left.) So, be sure to check your daily schedule.

Some ships use an advance reservation system. I know the Oasis and Allure allow show reservations (and it is recommended to make reservations). I have read the Freedom of the Seas also now allows show reservations. But most RCCL ships do not use nor require reservations -- you just show up. I don't know if someday the Voyager class ships like the Mariner will have advance show reservations, but I'm not sure many people expected it on the Freedom either.

Archived