Reserving Seats at Shows

In February I will go on my first RC cruise. I've seen people discussing reserving shows on CC so I went to my booking to reserve seats and could not find anything that mentioned the shows.

I'm on a short 3 day on the Majesty so is it possible there's no need for reservations?

If anyone knows where I need to go to reserve seats for MOS, I'd appreciate the info.

TIA

When you make reservations for the shows, you are not reserving specific seats. You are just indicating which of several showtimes you plan on attending. They do this for crowd control, because the theater cannot seat everyone should they all decide to attend at the same time.

They scan your seapass at the door to verify that you have a reservation, and then you enter and seats are first come first serve. There is a special section for suite guest/diamond/etc but these are not necessarily the best seats (depending on how close you like to sit).

About 10 minutes before showtime, they open the doors to the people who have queued up on the standby line (those without reservations who would like to attend).

Question about Oasis, Allure & Freedom class ships where you can make reservations for the shows.......do they still have a Suite / Diamond Plus and above reserved seating area?

Yes - when we were on Freedom two weeks ago, there was a section designated for passengers holding golden (in color - not C&A gold members) SeaPasses in center section of the balcony.

Just go way early and put a jacket or coat on some seats.

Come back later...

I would not suggest this as I have seen some pretty heated "discussions" when this is done. I have even seen a 2 year old put out of his seat when 2 seniors (I'd say late 70s, early 80s) took a seat that belonged to the 2 year old. It was at the ice show on the Liberty. There was an entire family sitting in front of DH and I - children, parents, grandparents. The 2 year old was sitting on grandmom's lap until the show started. Well, just as the show was starting these 2 seniors walked in. The wife shoved her way in the row in front of me and got into an argument with the family. She told them that there is no saving of seats. The family argued that the 2 year old was there but just sitting on grandmom's lap until the show started. The child was actually just getting off of grandmom's lap to take his own seat. Then, I'm going to call her an "old bitty" was nasty as can be and took the seat. Her husband slid in next to me. I was very upset for that family and I wanted to stand up and yell but I didn't. I had never seen anything like that on any of my cruises. First, the old couple waits until the show is just starting and then takes a small child's seat. And they were great seats also. Then the couple proceeds to talk during the entire ice show. She would turn around and talk to him and he would respond. And they were not speaking softly either. I was so disgusted with the entire lack of courtesy that the old couple showed to the young family. The child's dad started to get upset but then decided that it wasn't worth it. Sometimes shows really bring out the worse in people. I hope that I never see anything like that again. It showed such a lack of respect for the family by those 2 old people. My momma taught me to respect my elders but I had no respect for what they did. Anyway, saving of seats can become a "battle-ground" on a ship!

I am really confused about why there is such an issue with seat savers. I am not talking about putting coats and items on seats. I am asking about getting to the theatre before the show and saving a seat or 2 next to me for the rest of my family members who may need to use the restroom, or drop something off at the room. How did this get to be a horrible thing?

I am really confused about why there is such an issue with seat savers. I am not talking about putting coats and items on seats. I am asking about getting to the theatre before the show and saving a seat or 2 next to me for the rest of my family members who may need to use the restroom, or drop something off at the room. How did this get to be a horrible thing?

I wonder the same thing. I see nothing wrong with saving a couple of seats. Heck, after dinner I always have to go to the bathroom and my DH goes into the theater to save the seat. I'm not sure but I'm thinking it comes about because some people save an entire row; and sometimes almost 2 rows. I think that's why people get upset. All I know is that I really, really felt like yelling at that old lady who took that small child's seat. They were in the theater at least 25 minutes before the show started and to have someone walk in, and disrupt the entire section, just as the show is starting is uncalled for.

WHERE do you make the "reservations" for the shows? Same for the ice show?

When you make reservations for the shows, you are not reserving specific seats. You are just indicating which of several showtimes you plan on attending. They do this for crowd control, because the theater cannot seat everyone should they all decide to attend at the same time

Yes - when we were on Freedom two weeks ago, there was a section designated for passengers holding golden (in color - not C&A gold members) SeaPasses in center section of the balcony.

Actually there are two signs near the entrances to the reserved section on Freedom. They merely added another sign nearby for Pinnacle and D Plus.

Where do you go to make these "reservations" for the shows and ice show?

When you board they had a number of crew with laptops ready to take your reservations on the Royal Promenade. If you did not do it then they had someone at On (In)? the Air venue that you can make reservations later on during the cruise.

When you board they had a number of crew with laptops ready to take your reservations on the Royal Promenade. If you did not do it then they had someone at On (In)? the Air venue that you can make reservations later on during the cruise.

You can also do it online prior to your cruise the same as you'd purchase a soft drink package

We do this, and have only had trouble from one fellow cruiser. This was aboard the Splendour about ten minutes prior to the show starting. My wife putters around the shops and then walks in the last minute prior to the show. I hold her seat while she does.

Someone wanted me to move down and allow their group to move and "tighten up" an entire row. Ummm... no was my answer, and it bordered on a shouting match. I am 6' and 200 pounds and based on simple physics I was not going to be moved from my seat.

This is different than lounge chair saving at the pool, we don't do that. Nothing is going on in the theatre pre-show, so get there a little earlier and select a better seat.

Archived