First Time Cruiser on Epic

sush68

Greeting from New Mexico! I will be a first-time cruiser on the December sailing of the NCL Epic! I will be traveling solo (as I enjoy to do what I want to do when I want to do it J) and staying in a studio stateroom. I had never considered taking a cruise before but when I heard of the Studio’s on Epic I decided to look into it since I liked the concept of an area just for singles. About a year ago I decided that I wanted to rock the boat (!) and take a cruise on the Epic! I booked this past April but have not done much research as I have been busy with life in general and the cruise seemed so far off, but you know how time flies! I’m one who thinks planning a vacation is a part of the fun so I have 2 months to get caught up to speed! I have been searching the boards here at CC and have learned a lot so far – thank you everyone for your contributions!

For your reference: I am female, 27, and enjoy good food, spa-ing, sunbathing, live entertainment, great cocktails, and reading (not all at once of course). I do not have children but like them well enough, however I don’t want to spend my vacation surrounded by them non-stop.

I plan to do a lot of the fee restaurants and the fee entertainment since it’s just me (again, the joy of traveling solo!), spend a good amount of time sunbathing by the pool, and splurge on a spa day.

During port days I want to visit beaches and lounge the day away. A day pass at a resort in Nassau is something I’m looking into (not Atlantis!), Sandals in Nassau sounds nice but do they only let couples buy day passes? Breezes sounds sorta trashy so I’m leaning away from that one. Any other suggestions? I might consider some type of excursion but I’m pretty clumsy so I’m not sure about scuba diving or anything like that.

Thanks for reading – any suggestions for planning, packing, on-board activities, excursions, etc. are greatly appreciated!

Don't worry about kids...if they aren't yours....ignore them! Easy!

There are PLENTY of public beaches...no need to pay for a day-pass at some resort....Check out online websites or get a guidebook on where you'll be visiting! Do ask for a larger table, so you can have tablemates....it's much nicer than eating alone! Go! Enjoy!

Archived