Update on Star and Sapphire

CAcruzfunatic

The following information was sent out today by Princess regarding the upcoming dry dock schedules for Star Princess & Sapphire Princess.

.....Since Alfredo’s grand opening, this 48-seat restaurant has been busy from the moment lunch begins until its doors close in the evening. Plans are in the works to add this delicious new restaurant to Star Princess® this December and Sapphire Princess® in February 2012.

Finally, The One5 Lounge & Nightclub has replaced Skywalkers aboard Grand Princess as an exciting new evening venue in which passengers can enjoy dancing the night away or just soaking up the high-energy atmosphere.

Princess Cruises continually strives to give your clients the best onboard experience possible. Rotating our ships through a regular drydock schedule gives us the opportunity to refresh existing onboard venues and enhance each vessel with our latest innovations.

Here’s what lies in store for some of our other Princess ships:

Star Princess — November 14 to December 8, 2011 in Trieste, ItalyHorizon Court Updates (i.e. dessert buffet enhancements)Addition of Crown GrillInstallation of dual wedding chapel and conference roomNew art galleryAgent_Emails_2011_Princess_AcademyInsider_Fall2011_images_spacer.gifSapphire Princess — January 10 to February 1, 2012 in Victoria, B.C.New Piazza with International Café, Vines Wine Bar and Alfredo's PizzeriaAddition of Movies Under the Stars®Relocation of Library, Sports Court and Captain's Circle, Future Cruise Sales and Shore Excursions officesAddition of flat-screen TVs for all stateroom and public areasHorizon Court updates (Buffet will have two dessert counters with interactive service featuring pre-plated desserts, hot desserts and flambés); also, additional seats New Photo-Video GalleryNew Art Gallery

Thanks Mark!

From what has been reported, the sports court on the Sapphire has been completed as they worked on it the last cruise or two. And they are now beginning on the Sanctuary (which is 'supposed to be completed by the 22 of October when we board). I noticed there was no mention of the sanctuary being added to the Sapphire in that list, so maybe that is because it will already be in place. But then again, the sports court was mentioned, and that is supposed to be already completed. :confused:

Thanks Mark!

From what has been reported, the sports court on the Sapphire has been completed as they worked on it the last cruise or two. And they are now beginning on the Sanctuary (which is 'supposed to be completed by the 22 of October when we board). I noticed there was no mention of the sanctuary being added to the Sapphire in that list, so maybe that is because it will already be in place. But then again, the sports court was mentioned, and that is supposed to be already completed. :confused:

There also seems to be no mention of the Crown Grill either, for that matter.

On the Star in January 2012 so hoping that all will be fresh and pretty. Are flat screen TV in the staterooms of Star? My cabin is over the Wedding Chapel -- will the conference room addition change anything?

Awesome update... thank you! Look forward to the IC being added.

Our stateroom on the Sapphire last week already had the new flat-screens, and the sports-deck above Skywalker's was nearly complete...

Look forward to seeing the changes.. glad I took lots of photos of her as she is now! :)

Awesome update... thank you! Look forward to the IC being added.

Our stateroom on the Sapphire last week already had the new flat-screens, and the sports-deck above Skywalker's was nearly complete...

Look forward to seeing the changes.. glad I took lots of photos of her as she is now! :)

Do you have any photos of the new sports court? Quite interesting that they are creating a whole new deck as I know the Sapphire doesn't have the deck above skywalkers that the Crown/Emerald/Ruby have.

Do you have any photos of the new sports court? Quite interesting that they are creating a whole new deck as I know the Sapphire doesn't have the deck above skywalkers that the Crown/Emerald/Ruby have.

Probably will go where the Grand/Star have their sport court, in the "bird cage" behind the funnel stacks. Thats where the 2012-2013 atlas show it.

Thought I had a shot from the end of our cruise, where it appeared nearly complete.. but I could only find this shot from embarkation day...

sapphire2.jpg

You can see the two staircases that were added crossing Skywalker's aft windows... they were both painted white by the end of our cruise, and the structure up there appeared done... wrapped with ... dunno what to call it.. .webbing? Something to prevent balls from flying off the ship I guess. :)

Thought I had a shot from the end of our cruise, where it appeared nearly complete.. but I could only find this shot from embarkation day...

sapphire2.jpg

You can see the two staircases that were added crossing Skywalker's aft windows... they were both painted white by the end of our cruise, and the structure up there appeared done... wrapped with ... dunno what to call it.. .webbing? Something to prevent balls from flying off the ship I guess. :)

I like the ship branding / name, nice touch.

The Star has a Crown Grill. Are they moving it?

The "crown grill" has the look of the old Desert Rose restaurant. I believe it will be remodeled to align with the Crown Grill's on the rest of the fleet (dark wood, etc). It will also probably be sized a bit smaller. A second wedding chapel will probably go in this area.

The "crown grill" has the look of the old Desert Rose restaurant. I believe it will be remodeled to align with the Crown Grill's on the rest of the fleet (dark wood, etc). It will also probably be sized a bit smaller. A second wedding chapel will probably go in this area.

That makes sense. There seemed to be a lot of wasted space in it, including a dance floor that, as near as I could tell was never used as such. (maybe once by us for practice in the afternoon)

The following information was sent out today by Princess regarding the upcoming dry dock schedules for Star Princess & Sapphire Princess.

.....Since Alfredo’s grand opening, this 48-seat restaurant has been busy from the moment lunch begins until its doors close in the evening. Plans are in the works to add this delicious new restaurant to Star Princess® this December and Sapphire Princess® in February 2012.

Finally, The One5 Lounge & Nightclub has replaced Skywalkers aboard Grand Princess as an exciting new evening venue in which passengers can enjoy dancing the night away or just soaking up the high-energy atmosphere.

Princess Cruises continually strives to give your clients the best onboard experience possible. Rotating our ships through a regular drydock schedule gives us the opportunity to refresh existing onboard venues and enhance each vessel with our latest innovations.

Here’s what lies in store for some of our other Princess ships:

Star Princess — November 14 to December 8, 2011 in Trieste, ItalyHorizon Court Updates (i.e. dessert buffet enhancements)Addition of Crown GrillInstallation of dual wedding chapel and conference roomNew art galleryAgent_Emails_2011_Princess_AcademyInsider_Fall2011_images_spacer.gifSapphire Princess — January 10 to February 1, 2012 in Victoria, B.C.New Piazza with International Café, Vines Wine Bar and Alfredo's PizzeriaAddition of Movies Under the Stars®Relocation of Library, Sports Court and Captain's Circle, Future Cruise Sales and Shore Excursions officesAddition of flat-screen TVs for all stateroom and public areasHorizon Court updates (Buffet will have two dessert counters with interactive service featuring pre-plated desserts, hot desserts and flambés); also, additional seats New Photo-Video GalleryNew Art Gallery

Thanks for posting. I can't wait to sail the Sapphire after her drydock

Will Alfredo's be a venue which will be open for lunch and dinner or just dinner? On the Golden there was a newer restaurant near the tour desk and I can't remember the name. Was that Alfredo's? Or is Alfredo's the pizzeria which will be in the center atrium? I'm blanking out right now

Will Alfredo's be a venue which will be open for lunch and dinner or just dinner? Probably from 11 AM until late evening.

On the Golden there was a newer restaurant near the tour desk and I can't remember the name. Was that Alfredo's? Crown Grill (specialty steak house, extra cost)

Or is Alfredo's the pizzeria which will be in the center atrium? Yes

see above in red

Archived