Miami Beach area - I honestly have searched repeatedly....

cruisin07family

First caveat: I have plenty of time to research. We are not cruising until January 2013.

Second caveat: This cruise is a 2nd honeymoon, dh's 50th birthday all rolled into one.

Third caveat: I have never been to Miami but love the pics from TV - CSI Miami and Burn Notice.

Fourth caveat: We will not rent a car but I'm saving for a NICE trip so hotel (preferably $300 or under) and taxis are okay.

Fifth caveat: I want to be by the beach, near restaurants, but not smack dab in the middle of craziness.

So given the above, what area of Miami do you suggest I pursue? I have already read the many reviews and pics of the IC and I will pass. Please don't suggest that one. We will have two full days before our cruise to fill so any restaurant suggestions and/or nightclubs are also welcome!

Also, I do have Blueheron's website saved already for new Miami info. Thanks so very much!

• 4 weeks later...

We stayed at the Sagamore. It is an oceanfront hotel within easy walking distance to Lincoln Road where there are lots of shops and restaurants to choose from. Right next door was the Ritz Carlton and Loews was down the street. Any one of these hotels would be a good location.

We've stayed at the Surfcomber and the Victor on South Beach. The Surfcomber is at 17th and Collins--great location! It's very close to Lincoln Road, which has a ton of amazing restaurants and shops. I think anywhere on Collins/Ocean between 19th and 11th would be ideal. South Beach is definitely worth it.

Fourth caveat: We will not rent a car but I'm saving for a NICE trip so hotel (preferably $300 or under) and taxis are okay.

So given the above, what area of Miami do you suggest I pursue? I have already read the many reviews and pics of the IC and I will pass. Please don't suggest that one. We will have two full days before our cruise to fill so any restaurant suggestions and/or nightclubs are also welcome!

Also, I do have Blueheron's website saved already for new Miami info. Thanks so very much!

South Beach, so much to see and do and no need for too tons of taxis.

Archived