Pros: Can get price reduction up to 3 days prior to cruise

Cons: Can not cancel even before final payment without costing you

Can not make changes like changing people going

No your price does not go up. Only goes down if you summit the reduction form

Pros: Can get price reduction up to 3 days prior to cruise

Cons: Can not cancel even before final payment without costing you

Can not make changes like changing people going

No your price does not go up. Only goes down if you summit the reduction form

Thank you so much :) That's what I was looking for.

Can you substitute another person, if you pay the $50 fee?

Another caveat to ES is no you cannot substitute unless you cancel and rebook. thats the only way around it. (and then you are faced with getting the credit for the remainder of someone else's deposit after the $50 fee and faxing and those headaches.

I was faced with this with my sister getting married and cancelling her.

NO NAME CHANGES .. is their terminology for no pax swaps.

I know a lot of people love ES, but I would not book it. Life can sometimes get in the way unplanned and then I am stuck. Even with a $50.00/pp fee that would cost my family $200.00. It's funny though, we booked a group rate that is fully refundable at an 8C and we are paying just $5.00/pp more then the ES rate.

I know a lot of people love ES, but I would not book it. Life can sometimes get in the way unplanned and then I am stuck. Even with a $50.00/pp fee that would cost my family $200.00. It's funny though, we booked a group rate that is fully refundable at an 8C and we are paying just $5.00/pp more then the ES rate.

I agree.

Since Carnival instituted ES, our bookings under Past Guest have never been more than $50.00 per person more than ES. For peace of mind, it's just not worth it. I want the freedom to make changes or cancel in necessary.

As far as price reductions, only one of our five Carnival cruises has ever gone down in price after final payment and that was just $20.

I thought you had a period of time (2 yrs?) where you could apply that $50pp fee to another cruise. Did I misinterpret that?

Also, we booked the ES rate through cruisesonly (the past guest rate through Carnival was quite a bit higher). How does that work if we see a lower advertised rate by Carnival? I don't expect that on this cruise but just wondering if we're able to take advantage.

Thanks!

I thought you had a period of time (2 yrs?) where you could apply that $50pp fee to another cruise. Did I misinterpret that?

Thanks!

Close, but not quite. My wife and I had to cancel a cruise last year that we booked on ES. We put $500 down, and lost $100 ($50/pp) and we got a $400 OBC for our next cruise. The $400 credit expired in 2 years.

Close, but not quite. My wife and I had to cancel a cruise last year that we booked on ES. We put $500 down, and lost $100 ($50/pp) and we got a $400 OBC for our next cruise. The $400 credit expired in 2 years.

So if you cancel, all of your down payment pp less the $50 pp is held by them pending a new booking within 2 years, and the $50pp is lost.

What happens after you make the final pmt?

Thanks

Also, we booked the ES rate through cruisesonly (the past guest rate through Carnival was quite a bit higher). How does that work if we see a lower advertised rate by Carnival? I don't expect that on this cruise but just wondering if we're able to take advantage.

Thanks!

The $50 pp is a penalty fee. Carnival will not credit that towards a future booking. The remainder of deposit is held for two years.

If you do see a lower price, you need to contact the agent from whom you booked. Just make sure the agency does not charge a fee for the price drop. Some do for any kind of transaction. Carnival will not willingly work with people who do not book directly through the cruise line.

So if you cancel, all of your down payment pp less the $50 pp is held by them pending a new booking within 2 years, and the $50pp is lost.

What happens after you make the final pmt?

Thanks

Standard cancellation terms apply, same as any rate, depends on when you cancel. No difference once the final payment date, well actually the day before, has passed if you want to cancel after that.

See FAQs for the cancellation terms which go by how many days until your cruise, how much you get back.

Archived