Best Pre cruise hotel Ft. Lauderdale (price no concern)

kl630

Ok, say we want to stay at the cleanest, best hotel with outdoor pool, balconies with views of harbor, nice bedding, etc. Price is of no concern since we want to splurge the day before we sail. Any recommendations??? Sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale 12/26/11

Ok, say we want to stay at the cleanest, best hotel with outdoor pool, balconies with views of harbor, nice bedding, etc. Price is of no concern since we want to splurge the day before we sail. Any recommendations??? Sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale 12/26/11

How about the Westin Diplomat? That is where I would stay if I could

No view of the harbor but lovely ocean views at the Marriott Harbor Beach Resort. If you have time to enjoy the beach and pool the day before it is well worth the splurge.

Personally I don't think that any of the hotels have views of the port worth paying for. My favorite hotels are Lago Mar, Marriott Harbor Beach, W, Ritz Carlton, and Westin Diplomat.

Dear Royalcruz,

I dont know how to send you a personal message here. so, I hope you see this. I have been researching hotels on all the sites and am driving myself crazy! My daughter and I she is 22 will be in fll on 02/25/2012 about 10am. We leave for a 10 day Eastern cari on the emerald 4pm 26th. I would love to be near the water taxi I think it would be fun. However, Cost is a matter for us. we dont want to spend an arm and a leg for shuttle/taxi hotel. you have mentioned a ten of advice. I still am directionly challenged. This is our first vacation .. first cruise .. and just want to keep it simple. Please tell me your choice. I would like to spend around 130$ for the hotel and 40 for transportation. I thank you for your welth of info. Greatfully, Butterfly baby

We like to stay at the Embassy Suites, we book our hotel through Princess so we end up getting a good price (I know that isn't your prime concern, but still worth mentioning) and it includes transfers. The Embassy Suites is a beautiful hotel about ten minutes or so to the port with a nice restuarant on site and lots around it. We didn't use the pool last time, but it looked nice. They have a nice breakfast buffet with a made to order section and there is a manager's reception every night with an open bar and complimentary snacks in their gorgeous centre atrium. Its a nice place to meet other cruisers or just sit and enjoy the atmosphere.

We did it on our last cruise and are set to do it again on the next.

Dear Royalcruz,

I dont know how to send you a personal message here. so, I hope you see this. I have been researching hotels on all the sites and am driving myself crazy! My daughter and I she is 22 will be in fll on 02/25/2012 about 10am. We leave for a 10 day Eastern cari on the emerald 4pm 26th. I would love to be near the water taxi I think it would be fun. However, Cost is a matter for us. we dont want to spend an arm and a leg for shuttle/taxi hotel. you have mentioned a ten of advice. I still am directionly challenged. This is our first vacation .. first cruise .. and just want to keep it simple. Please tell me your choice. I would like to spend around 130$ for the hotel and 40 for transportation. I thank you for your welth of info. Greatfully, Butterfly baby

Butterfly, with your budget you won't get near the water, I'm afraid. You are going in super peak time when rates are HIGH. Water views will cost you close to and above $200. You might want to look at Hyatt Pl North. Very popular with cruisers. You could take advantage of the trolley to get around too. Will be very near retaurants, has airport shuttle, free breakfast. But at that time of year the best rate will be around 175+.... UNLESS you familiarize yourself with discount sites. Lastminutetravel.com will give you the name of the hotel (with the short cut we use) so you know where you will be staying before agreeing to the price.

Why not spend time going thru the posts on the last few pages here re hotels. Familiarize yourself with what's avaiable. Read reviews of the hotels mentioned here on tripadvisor.com Adding to this thread re no concern re cost, won't get you help. Or start a new thread.

Dear Royalcruz,

just as an FYI, there is no way to send private messages to other CCers...;)

Dear Royalcruz,

Butterfly, I've got your back!

Hotel rates are expensive in February but try these hotels that are a short cab ride to the port and easy walking distance to the water taxi: Bahia Mar, Alhambra Beach Resort, Holiday Inn Express Convention Center, Best Western Oceanside.

Sleep Inn Dania has low rates and free shuttles from airport and to port and is only about 2 miles cab ride from the Hollywood water taxi which connects to the Fort Lauderdale water taxi. It seems to be the cheapest hotel (other than Priceline, Hotwire,etc) that is clean and safe and has all the amenities, shopping, and restaurants that cruisers want, which is why I so often recommend it.

It seems that if you blind bid for a 4* downtown Ft Laud hotel on Priceline you will get the Renaissance but of course there is no guarantee that they won't add a new hotel or upgrade a hotel to the 4* level and give you a different hotel. It is 2 blocks from the water taxi.

Butterfly, I've got your back!

Hotel rates are expensive in February but try these hotels that are a short cab ride to the port and easy walking distance to the water taxi: Bahia Mar, Alhambra Beach Resort, Holiday Inn Express Convention Center, Best Western Oceanside.

Sleep Inn Dania has low rates and free shuttles from airport and to port and is only about 2 miles cab ride from the Hollywood water taxi which connects to the Fort Lauderdale water taxi. It seems to be the cheapest hotel (other than Priceline, Hotwire,etc) that is clean and safe and has all the amenities, shopping, and restaurants that cruisers want, which is why I so often recommend it.

It seems that if you blind bid for a 4* downtown Ft Laud hotel on Priceline you will get the Renaissance but of course there is no guarantee that they won't add a new hotel or upgrade a hotel to the 4* level and give you a different hotel. It is 2 blocks from the water taxi.

roayal cruz,

Thank you so much!! I needed to find out about the dania area. I looked at both fair feild an HIE the cost diffrence is about 49$ between the two. HIE is in the middle of town. but could be more for a taxi. hotels are goin fast so I need to make a choice. but now Im down to two!! thank you

roayal cruz,

Thank you so much!! I needed to find out about the dania area. I looked at both fair feild an HIE the cost diffrence is about 49$ between the two. HIE is in the middle of town. but could be more for a taxi. hotels are goin fast so I need to make a choice. but now Im down to two!! thank you

Butterfly, I don't understand... If you mean the HIE Convention Center location, it is right next to the port entrance ($10 taxi) and 2-3 blocks from the water taxi and costs about $15 from the airport (or use the complimentary 24 hr airport shuttle). Fairfield isn't near anything but the airport really and it will cost you at least $30 round trip to the water taxi.

If price isn't a concern, look to the top luxury brands like Ritz Ft.Lauderdale or try Palm Beach or Miami for some of the best in luxury class. The Setai, W South Beach, and Viceroy look amazing.

Not sure why you would send this FLL cruiser to Palm Beach or Miami for a pre-cruise stay. Yes, there are some nice hotels but the extra trouble and time for transport, never-mind the extra $'s just doesn't seem worthwhile to me when there are a few good choices not far from Port Everglades.

Butterfly, I don't understand... If you mean the HIE Convention Center location, it is right next to the port entrance ($10 taxi) and 2-3 blocks from the water taxi and costs about $15 from the airport (or use the complimentary 24 hr airport shuttle). Fairfield isn't near anything but the airport really and it will cost you at least $30 round trip to the water taxi.

Hi royalcruz: Well I did it !! I went for the HIE 250 $$ big ones. There will be no fee if any thing goes wrong. At first I made the reservations at Fairfeild.There is also no fee for changing that reservation. I already paid my TA for transfers. so , It was 27$ per person from air port to hotel and Hotel to cruise ship round trip. Not bad> I decided that its worth paying for what I realy want. I want to live it up!!! I have never spoiled myself and want this trip to be the best memories for my daughter and I. Ya only live once right:*)

Thank you for all the information you provide on CC . I have enjoyed reading the boards. I found so much information on here that will save me lots of stress . thanks agin.. Butteryfly

If you don't have a car, I'd go with the Ritz. It's on the beach (across street), they provide complimentary chairs, umbrellas, and bottled water. The Ritz is also within walking distance to lots of restaurants. We stayed in July and loved it.

Hi royalcruz: Well I did it !! I went for the HIE 250 $$ big ones. There will be no fee if any thing goes wrong. At first I made the reservations at Fairfeild.There is also no fee for changing that reservation. I already paid my TA for transfers. so , It was 27$ per person from air port to hotel and Hotel to cruise ship round trip. Not bad> I decided that its worth paying for what I realy want. I want to live it up!!! I have never spoiled myself and want this trip to be the best memories for my daughter and I. Ya only live once right:*)

Thank you for all the information you provide on CC . I have enjoyed reading the boards. I found so much information on here that will save me lots of stress . thanks agin.. Butteryfly

I'm sorry that you got talked into paying for transfers. Transfer shuttles are not convenient and so many hotels have free shuttles (also not so convenient). Taxis (convenient) to the HIE and port and then to the airport will cost a total of about $40 plus tip, less expensive than what you paid. I know that HIE has a free shuttle from the airport and maybe even to the port unless they stopped doing that. Can you get a refund? Also make sure that you booked the HIE Convention Center and not the port/airport location, as the latter one is not close to the water taxi.

Totally agree with Royal. Cancel those shuttle rides. You should be able to do that easily. You have no flexibility with them and they take time and patience and more money than what you need to spend.

Did you book the hotel thru your TA??? That is a pretty high rate for that hotel even in Feb. If you are willing to pay that much... even tho you said in your original post you wanted something around half that... there would be nicer places to choose from right on the water. You could use hotwire or lastminutetravel and get a much better value. At least in MY eyes. I am presuming your hotel is cancelable at that rate.

Hi royalcruz: Well I did it !! I went for the HIE 250 $$ big ones... Butteryfly

Butterfly...I checked on Hotwire and you could get either W Hotel or Hotel B for $171 . Both are four star with oceanfront, spa, and all the other amenities They aren't as close to the port but they are both properties that would probably impress your 20 something daughter. Take a look at them on tripadvisor.com Certainly they both are higher on the ladder of south Florida cool than the boring HIE. ;)

You could keep your shuttle tickets and be okay with these hotels.

Not sure why you would send this FLL cruiser to Palm Beach or Miami for a pre-cruise stay. Yes, there are some nice hotels but the extra trouble and time for transport, never-mind the extra $'s just doesn't seem worthwhile to me when there are a few good choices not far from Port Everglades.

Hi Monicajay. There's nice luxury hotels and there are world class luxury hotels. Miami just happens to have a few which are reputed to be world class. It's a different travel audience, for sure, but I don't assume that someone who wants the best and is willing to splurge is necessarily putting convenience first or wants to settle for good vs great.

I'll just say I've seen people go out of their way to stay in specific chains and resorts that suit their tastes. Sometimes it seems a bit silly to me, too, but I've occasionally succumbed to trading convenience for luxury as well. And sometimes it has been more than worth it. :o Other times... my next stay for pre-cruise definitely places convenience and price over luxury and amenities.

We always stay at the Embassy Suites on 17th St. The trolley is there too and you can take it to Las Olas Blvd.; where there is plenty of shoppng and dining. You can take it to the beaches also. There is also shopping and dining right by the hotel. We always feel safe walking around.

They offer a cruise package. This includes transportation from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the port. You do have to book transfer from port to airport, but that you can just catch a share ride or cab out front.

With Embassy the hotel is an all suite hotel. It has a great pool. It offers a FREE manager's reception from 5-7 in the evenings. It has a breakfast buffet in the morning where you can get made to order omlets and eggs. Practice for the cruise buffet, lol.

Archived