Obstructed view pictures.

Renmar

This tread should be made a sticky  

122 members have voted

1. 1. This tread should be made a sticky

• Agree
    • Disagree

I hope they do put your thread on a sticky as it has helped many passengers decide on your cabins.

We were on the Caribbean Princess Cabin E406 in August on the British Isles cruise. I thought I had picked the perfect cabin from your website. It was a running joke on the Roll Call, I had picked this cabin for the view as there were many from our Roll Call in the same area with obstructed cabins and a few had wanted that cabin. I think cabin E406's picture was switched with E404. I was disappointed when I entered the cabin to see the view had ladders, wires, and barrels in front on the window. I spoke to the passenger in cabin E404 as she was from our Roll Call and she said "I think we have your cabin".

Can you give me you email address so when we are finished going over our 1,500 pictures, I can send you a picture of E406.

Thank you for pointing this out. This is the first time that this is mentioned. My email is on the website but here it is

theog99@telus.net Looking forward to your pictures.

Theo

Theo, thanks so much for putting this all together. We often book obstructed ov staterooms

And the first place I head is to my bookmarks where your site is saved on my computer.

Looking forward to new compilation for royal/regal.

We will be sailing next august on regal in obstructed balcony / L101.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

Thanks to Wendy (Phabric) I was able to correct the picture for E406 & E405.

Theo

Yep, that's a bit different. A little disappointing, but it will still let in plenty of light, certainly more that a life boat would.

It won't ruin our cruise though. We don't plan to spend that much time in the cabin as we intend to be out having fun! :p

We had a good view compared to some of the pictures from the website. We had a very busy cruise so wanted to have some daylight and see what the weather was like. It did not bother us.

The chair was under the window so was able to look out.

One day the workers were out there, painting I think, I don't know if they could see in, maybe they have been told not to look into the windows(?).

Edited by phabric

• 2 months later...

Hi Renmar,

Love your thread. We just had E310 on the Grand. I took photos of the obstruction (not much) and the positioning of the bed in the cabin. Would you like these photos? If so, I will send them to your email address.

Cheers, Denise.

Hi Renmar,

Love your thread. We just had E310 on the Grand. I took photos of the obstruction (not much) and the positioning of the bed in the cabin. Would you like these photos? If so, I will send them to your email address.

Cheers, Denise.

Sure, why not. They might be better than the ones I have.

Thanks,

Theo

I was hoping for a section with views of the porthole rooms. I've wondered about those and what they were like.

Do you mean the aft cabins on some of the ships? They have what looks like a 2 small portholes.

Theo

Do you mean the aft cabins on some of the ships? They have what looks like a 2 small portholes.

Theo

YES! I know there are some ships that have aft cabins on the outside corners that are porthole rooms. I've wondered about booking one of those but couldn't find a picture to see what they were actually like.

YES! I know there are some ships that have aft cabins on the outside corners that are porthole rooms. I've wondered about booking one of those but couldn't find a picture to see what they were actually like.

I'll check my files and see if I can find something. For sure you are going to have an unobstructed view.

Theo

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks again Theo...

just used your site, once again, to book on the Crown. It is a bit harder to find now that the search function isn't working...wish the moderators would make this a stickie!

But I would not book without you...appreciate all your efforts and for keeping this current ....:p

Dolores

Renmar,

I would also like to thank you for your great work. We sailed Princess for the first time a couple of months ago. Our party had three consecutive obstructed view cabins. It was nice to see what they would be likes head of time (Diamond). Recently booked a cruise on the Grand and used your site for cabin selection. Thanks again for your hard work.

Thanks again Theo...

just used your site, once again, to book on the Crown. It is a bit harder to find now that the search function isn't working...wish the moderators would make this a stickie!

But I would not book without you...appreciate all your efforts and for keeping this current ....:p

Dolores

You can add it to your favourite (Canadian spelling) list.

Theo

As always, I'm open for additional picture to upgrade the website. Especially high resolution ones.

Currently I'm working with better quality pictures but that means that I have to split up the 1 website and probably have to create a separate website for each class of ships.

Theo

Do you have any pictures for emerald deck 502? Royal princess. We booked this cabin. Thank you.

Not for that one but here is a picture of E524 which is at a similar location.

Hope this helps a bit.

E524.jpg.b36c9bdb14ed6024aee1ea7df6428b92.jpg

E524a.jpg.9fbd2c8fdd52d835d6f453a8c380c88a.jpg

Theo

Hey Theo, you were heading off on a cruise soon...have you been yet?

You mentioned you would be trying to get as many new pictures of Obstructed View cabins as possible once onboard. That made me laugh seeing you hiding behind the carts in the hall waiting for the opportunity to run in and snap pictures while the Steward was looking the other way!

Terry (in Coquitlam)

Hey Theo, you were heading off on a cruise soon...have you been yet?

You mentioned you would be trying to get as many new pictures of Obstructed View cabins as possible once onboard. That made me laugh seeing you hiding behind the carts in the hall waiting for the opportunity to run in and snap pictures while the Steward was looking the other way!

Terry (in Coquitlam)

No need to hide behind carts, most stewards don't mind if you ask nicely. I also make sure to get approval from the appropriate department to take the pictures.

Going on a B2B on the Ruby in August :D and I will try to (re)take as many pictures as possible.

I'm still looking for more pictures for the Royal/Regal. I know there are a lot of pictures posted on CC and I think I copied them all. However, there are not very many pictures of what the view is like from the inside looking straight out.

Theo