"Musical Cabins" Question

ladylawyer

Looking for some experience from Princess cruisers. A friend called ... he and his wife are looking to take her parents on their first cruise. My friend/wife are past pax on Princess; the parents are first-timers. The Past-Pax rate is significantly less than what the parents would pay. He is considering booking one cabin, with a parent, and his wife book another, with the other parent - thus getting the lower rate for both cabins.

Not looking for ethical advice, here. I just am curious whether anyone else has done this and, if so, was it difficult to get an extra room key, to allow the couples to be together, not necessarily in the cabins in which they are booked (if you get my drift).

Thanks, so much, for your assistance! ~ LL

Looking for some experience from Princess cruisers. A friend called ... he and his wife are looking to take her parents on their first cruise. My friend/wife are past pax on Princess; the parents are first-timers. The Past-Pax rate is significantly less than what the parents would pay. He is considering booking one cabin, with a parent, and his wife book another, with the other parent - thus getting the lower rate for both cabins.

Not looking for ethical advice, here. I just am curious whether anyone else has done this and, if so, was it difficult to get an extra room key, to allow the couples to be together, not necessarily in the cabins in which they are booked (if you get my drift).

I've never done this either, but I would also look into any kickbacks by recommending first time cruisers. We recommended our family on a cruise (different cruise line) and got $200 shipboard credit on our next cruise.

I've never done this either, but I would also look into any kickbacks by recommending first time cruisers. We recommended our family on a cruise (different cruise line) and got $200 shipboard credit on our next cruise.

It is not kickbacks, but a discount they can enjoy and you can also when you take a future cruise.

However, to get this, you must do this before any contact is made to Princess on their behalf.

Sign in to "My Princess" and then at the bottom of the left hand side is the "Referral Rewards" link.

Thank you all, so much! I know that my friend will be happy to know.

The Referral Reward sounds great, as well. I've never been on Princess, but I'll be sure to tell my cruisemates about that perk, when we get ready to book the Pacific Coastals that Princess is doing next year.

Thanks, again! ~ LL

We did this on our New England /Canada cruise. After boarding we went to the Purser's desk. They wrote down our name/cabin info and asked us to come back in 2 hrs to get our new keys. No problem at all. The person at the desk already had a long started for this with few names already filled in so we were not the only ones.

I am sure Princess is happy to get new cruisers any way they can !

Had similar situation recently. Was booking several cabins for a family thanksgiving cruise and although everyone was a past passenger, some had cruised more than others and booking through princess, the past passenger rate offered to some of us was lower than others. The princess agent said that he could talk to customer relations and ask them to honor the lower rate for all of us. While he did not promise that he could get that done, he sounded like he had done it before. However, it all became moot because we ended up booking a different cruise.

Archived