Mariner perks on qualifying cruise

eh2zed

I tried searching this topic because I know I read about it previously but came up dry. We will be hitting the threshold and gaining 4 star Mariner status during our cruise starting next week. I realize the pins themselves will be mailed sometime after the cruise and other new perks will automatically commence on our subsequent HAL cruise. However, I believe I have read here that if you go to the Front Desk and inquire, you may be able to get some or all of the onboard perks on this, the qualifying cruise. Is this correct? What has been other HAL CCers experience with this?

Thanks

I tried searching this topic because I know I read about it previously but came up dry. We will be hitting the threshold and gaining 4 star Mariner status during our cruise starting next week. I realize the pins themselves will be mailed sometime after the cruise and other new perks will automatically commence on our subsequent HAL cruise. However, I believe I have read here that if you go to the Front Desk and inquire, you may be able to get some or all of the onboard perks on this, the qualifying cruise. Is this correct? What has been other HAL CCers experience with this?

Thanks

The only place I've ever heard of people getting their status changed during a cruise was for world cruises. I've never heard of a status change during say an Alaskan or Caribbean cruise.

We will be in a similar situation next April. We will be on a B2B and will reach 4 star during the 1st of the 2 cruises.

We have asked Mariner Society if we will be 4 star on the 2nd of the 2 cruises. They said it will not be possible to process our Mariner points in time for the 2nd cruise and that we will have to wait for our next cruise to benefit from our 4 star status.

I know you officially only get them on the next cruise and maybe I am mistaken (been known to happen) but I thought some people had posted that they went to the front desk, talked nice and got some of the perks on that cruise.

I know you officially only get them on the next cruise and maybe I am mistaken (been known to happen) but I thought some people had posted that they went to the front desk, talked nice and got some of the perks on that cruise.

Never say never so I guess it's possible somebody talked or complained or whatever their way into mid-cruise perks but I certainly wouldn't count on it.

I'm not remembering anyone posting that they did so. I know that if that were the situation for us, we wouldn't ask a crew member to go against HAL's published policy. Even if they did so, without our asking, I certainly wouldn't post about it. YMMV.

What I remember reading is that a poster was on a back to back cruise, and attained a new Mariner status during the first cruise. They went to the Front Desk and asked for the new perqs for the second cruise, and were given them.

I have never read of new perques being given during the cruise in which they were attained.

What I remember reading is that a poster was on a back to back cruise, and attained a new Mariner status during the first cruise. They went to the Front Desk and asked for the new perqs for the second cruise, and were given them.

I have never read of new perques being given during the cruise in which they were attained.

Thanks Ruth. That may be what I had read. Does make sense.

I was checking on this also about a year ago and remember reading a post similar to what you read. I went to the front desk on our last cruise and was told a mariner upgrade would not go into effect until the next cruise.

Tom

IMO, in the circumstance they should get the benefits on the second segment of a 'back-to-back'...... NOT for a Collector's Cruise.

HAL seems to be making many (most ?) b-to-b's Collectors and that makes into one cruise. But a b-to-b that is not converted it TWO cruises. If you can cancel one and still take the other segment, that means two individual cruises IMO

They should not deny benefits in that circumstance IMO

I never read here that people get the new Mariners benefits on the current cruise duirng which they reach the new status..... I've always read it's the next cruise exept for World Cruise.

If I recall correctly (not always a given :D), the new status also goes into effect if on a Grand Voyage, as well as on the World Cruise.

Ray in NH

IMO, in the circumstance they should get the benefits on the second segment of a 'back-to-back'...... NOT for a Collector's Cruise.

HAL seems to be making many (most ?) b-to-b's Collectors and that makes into one cruise. But a b-to-b that is not converted it TWO cruises. If you can cancel one and still take the other segment, that means two individual cruises IMO

They should not deny benefits in that circumstance IMO

Ours is a B2B not a collectors. We have 2 different booking numbers but Mariners Society have said we cannot get our 4 star perks on our 2nd cruise.

Ours is a B2B not a collectors. We have 2 different booking numbers but Mariners Society have said we cannot get our 4 star perks on our 2nd cruise.

They make the rules and that is how it will be but I explained above why I, personally, do not agree with that position in the circumstance of b-to-b.

JMO......

Too bad for you. You'll have to take another cruise to get the benefits. :D

It's not really a very big deal, is it?

Archived