Freedom E.Caribbean Review 10/8-10/16

TakeMeAway1001

Thanks again for the detailed and photo-filled review!! I am sooooo excited to be sailing on Freedom in 11 days!!

I was wondering what time they wanted luggage placed outside your cabin on the last day. This is actually my first cruise with a port on the last day, so I just wondered if that changes the time for this (especially since the ship doesn't sail until 7pm).

Thanks again for the detailed and photo-filled review!! I am sooooo excited to be sailing on Freedom in 11 days!!

I was wondering what time they wanted luggage placed outside your cabin on the last day. This is actually my first cruise with a port on the last day, so I just wondered if that changes the time for this (especially since the ship doesn't sail until 7pm).

I am not sure but I think it was like 8-11pm :)

DH and I had a great cruise, we wanted to relax and that is what we did. We have both thought about trying out a different line however we have been happy with all of our cruises, sure there were bumps here and there but nothing so bad that we wanted to give up on Carnival. My January cruise will be # 9 for me and I hope that I am able to get # 10 in before they changed the tiers. I hope you enjoyed the review.

Here are some thoughts I had with regards to this cruise~

I felt the embarkation was extremely unorganized compared to my past seven cruises, the only really nice and helpful person during embarkation was the lady doing the actual check in and handing us our S&S cards.

The staff seemed pretty happy all around the ship.

I found the menu to be boring, there were quite a few nights where nothing really appealed to me.

The shows are too repetitive; I am beginning to feel like I have seen most of them.

Not enough decent live entertainment ie: bands, we found ourselves leaving certain areas due to the entertainment.

Chair saving on the Lido Deck was rampant, if you weren’t out there by 9am you were out of luck.

Chair saving in the Victoriana Theatre was nuts, the people saving these rows were like rabid dogs if you approached they nearly jumped up at you.

An excessive amount of guests wearing clothes that were not in my opinion suitable for the dining room. We saw overalls on grown men, t-shirts with the sleeves cut off, bathing suit tops. One topper was the two guys who would routinely stroll through the dining room with those “tooth flossers” dangling from their lips and every time I saw them around the ship they had the flossers in their mouths…gross!

Buffet line pickers, saw quite a few people sampling items as they waited in line and not using tongs just their fingers. We saw one lady lift her child up so he could pick something out with his fingers. We also saw so much wasted food, people would fill their plates so high and leave most of it on the table, I do not get this!

We saw a few rude passengers, one lady told a room steward in our area to kiss her ass because he wasn’t able to come help her find the button on her phone for room service at that given minute because he was assisting another passenger. My husband said I hope he washes the toilet with her toothbrush tonight. These stewards work their butts off, why not treat them with some respect.

I felt the amount of overheard announcements was limited which was nice, on our last cruise I felt that they were talking nonstop.

Carnival excursions are just like I remembered, busy and pretty unorganized. We normally do not do any ship based excursions but did do one this trip and it was a quick reminder why I sought other options. I think they are short in duration, overcrowded and overpriced.

Have a great day everyone~

Such a absolute great review!! you covered everything we could wish for!! I think the only thing missing is the picture of the staff lollllllllll!

Doing single digit dance tomorrow for the same cruise! Can't wait! :)

Thank you for taking the time to post your review!

Such a absolute great review!! you covered everything we could wish for!! I think the only thing missing is the picture of the staff lollllllllll!

Awww, thanks! Enjoy your cruise!

I'll be doing that dance right along with you! Might be starting it at 12:01 am tonite;) Come over to the roll call, and come meet us on board if you like!

TakeMeAway, thanks again for the great review...awesome job! Good luck on hitting Platinum! This is our 8th...9th in May and then Platinum for B2B on the Breeze!:D

DH and I had a great cruise, we wanted to relax and that is what we did. We have both thought about trying out a different line however we have been happy with all of our cruises, sure there were bumps here and there but nothing so bad that we wanted to give up on Carnival. My January cruise will be # 9 for me and I hope that I am able to get # 10 in before they changed the tiers. I hope you enjoyed the review.

Here are some thoughts I had with regards to this cruise~

I felt the embarkation was extremely unorganized compared to my past seven cruises, the only really nice and helpful person during embarkation was the lady doing the actual check in and handing us our S&S cards.

The staff seemed pretty happy all around the ship.

I found the menu to be boring, there were quite a few nights where nothing really appealed to me.

The shows are too repetitive; I am beginning to feel like I have seen most of them.

Not enough decent live entertainment ie: bands, we found ourselves leaving certain areas due to the entertainment.

Chair saving on the Lido Deck was rampant, if you weren’t out there by 9am you were out of luck.

Chair saving in the Victoriana Theatre was nuts, the people saving these rows were like rabid dogs if you approached they nearly jumped up at you.

An excessive amount of guests wearing clothes that were not in my opinion suitable for the dining room. We saw overalls on grown men, t-shirts with the sleeves cut off, bathing suit tops. One topper was the two guys who would routinely stroll through the dining room with those “tooth flossers” dangling from their lips and every time I saw them around the ship they had the flossers in their mouths…gross!

Buffet line pickers, saw quite a few people sampling items as they waited in line and not using tongs just their fingers. We saw one lady lift her child up so he could pick something out with his fingers. We also saw so much wasted food, people would fill their plates so high and leave most of it on the table, I do not get this!

We saw a few rude passengers, one lady told a room steward in our area to kiss her ass because he wasn’t able to come help her find the button on her phone for room service at that given minute because he was assisting another passenger. My husband said I hope he washes the toilet with her toothbrush tonight. These stewards work their butts off, why not treat them with some respect.

I felt the amount of overheard announcements was limited which was nice, on our last cruise I felt that they were talking nonstop.

Carnival excursions are just like I remembered, busy and pretty unorganized. We normally do not do any ship based excursions but did do one this trip and it was a quick reminder why I sought other options. I think they are short in duration, overcrowded and overpriced.

Have a great day everyone~

I appreciate your review very much, :) but I am very curious....You state that you like CCL and don't feel the need to try other lines, yet you list quite a few items that would have me anxious to try other lines (well, the same reasons you posted DID cause me to try other lines to be honest)..so my question is, what are you afraid of??? :confused::confused:

Thanks for the review. Was great!

Couple questions:

1. Did you sleep with the balcony door open at night? If so, did it get really humid in the room?
  2. Do you have your own thermostat so you can control the temp in your suite?
  3. How much was the bingo?

Thanks Irishlinny~

I think I just convinced DH to let DD and I take a cruise in May on the Liberty, she wants to check out all the new stuff...that would be 10 for me :D Have a fantastic time on your cruise, can't wait to hear all about it.

Excellent idea! And I will be looking for your 2.0 review!:D

I appreciate your review very much, :) but I am very curious....You state that you like CCL and don't feel the need to try other lines, yet you list quite a few items that would have me anxious to try other lines (well, the same reasons you posted DID cause me to try other lines to be honest)..so my question is, what are you afraid of??? :confused::confused:

I am not afraid of anything, I just find I can cruise for a reasonable price on Carnival and after reviewing what I listed as observations I feel many of them could likely be found on any line, not all but many. It would be nice to see new shows and to try new food and I am sure down the road we'll give RC a try, it's the only line I would be interested in trying right now :)

Thanks for the review. Was great!

Couple questions:

1. Did you sleep with the balcony door open at night? If so, did it get really humid in the room?
  2. Do you have your own thermostat so you can control the temp in your suite?
  3. How much was the bingo?

We did not sleep with the door open, but we did prop it open in the morning a few times, I don't recall it getting too humid but it was only for a short amount of time. We did have our own thermostat and honestly we never adjusted it the whole cruise, I found the temp to be perfect. Bingo was normally $20 for a card of three :)

I am not afraid of anything, I just find I can cruise for a reasonable price on Carnival and after reviewing what I listed as observations I feel many of them could likely be found on any line, not all but many. It would be nice to see new shows and to try new food and I am sure down the road we'll give RC a try, it's the only line I would be interested in trying right now :)

pizza, I ordered my favorite with mushrooms and goat cheese, however it looked oddly different than I am used to but it was still good.

2937059710104170056S425x425Q85.jpg

DH ordered Pepperoni which looked like a normal slice of pizza, unlike mine. We both had Caesar Salad which was good too.

You are right! Your chevre pizza looks more like an individual pan pizza. Here are 2 pieces of the chevre I was served last week on the Triumph. Of course it is almost "immersed" in Parmesan. I dream of this at home all the time and wish they published their recipe for it all. Now I'm hungry! :p

Thank you for the fabulous photos and great review. You are right it helps with the post-partem cruise depression syndrome. Another way is to book another cruise. I am so sorry we cannot do this right now...since we don't know what the future will bring until we sell our house and move to Florida.

Sorry forgot to post the picture but it is in the link in my signature. Will post again with a thumbnail.

You are right! Your chevre pizza looks more like an individual pan pizza. Here are 2 pieces of the chevre I was served last week on the Triumph. Of course it is almost "immersed" in Parmesan. I dream of this at home all the time and wish they published their recipe for it all. Now I'm hungry! :p

Thank you for the fabulous photos and great review. You are right it helps with the post-partem cruise depression syndrome. Another way is to book another cruise. I am so sorry we cannot do this right now...since we don't know what the future will bring until we sell our house and move to Florida.

Sorry forgot to post the picture but it is in the link in my signature. Will post again with a thumbnail.

Here goes the chevre served on the Triumph. Good stuff!

647437289_chevrepizza.jpg.afa63969c3b50f957b6a24019c780195.jpg

Archived