Platinum free laundry, do you tip?

sewut

Those of you that are platinum, do you tip your room steward extra for taking/delivering your laundry?

Sewut

I don't have that perk yet, but I would tip. My idealogy is, if I'm getting something "for free" I'll tip.

There's a place near my job, if you buy 9 sandwiches you get the 10th free. When I hit number 10 I tip the price of the sandwich.

I figure it's about like ordering room service and we tip for that even though it's free. We arrived on ship w/ 3 bags of laundry from time in NYC before the trip. Sent out laundry 5 of 7 days. Gave room steward $20 the first day, telling him we would have a lot of laundry.

I always tip - no matter the service - except drinks which is already 15% added. I don't drink that much to make friends with either waiter or bar tender to tip to get better service. I send out for the $15 fill a bag and always put $5 on the bag - I get everything back folded and YES pressed so $ is well worth it

I only did it once, and my cabin steward forgot about it and it took 2 days, so I didnt tip.

I would if it had come back more promptly.

I've used it twice (and paid as I'm not yet platinum). When we got things backs as scheduled, we tipped a couple of bucks. When our stuff got "misplaced" and then "located" and returned late, I just signed for it with a scowl.

I do not tip on a daily basis for the laundry service. I do tip extra if deserved at the end of the trip. So far I have never had a steward that did not deserve extra. Even the stealth ones that I never see, they all have done outstanding jobs of taking care of me and my cabin.

I do not tip on a daily basis for the laundry service. I do tip extra if deserved at the end of the trip. So far I have never had a steward that did not deserve extra. Even the stealth ones that I never see, they all have done outstanding jobs of taking care of me and my cabin.

Sorry - don't want to hijack thread - but hello there, you helped me out over a year ago with a chat room. I agree - they do deserve tips big time

We look at it as part of the room steward's job and evaluate total performance for the cruise and than decide if extra is warranted.

Steward is just arranging pickup and delivery not doing the work himself.

We also tip cabin stewards based on overall performance rather than for specific taks unless they are wya out of the ordinary.

That being said, we usually give them estra money in addition to the standard tip.

We look at it as part of the room steward's job and evaluate total performance for the cruise and than decide if extra is warranted.

Steward is just arranging pickup and delivery not doing the work himself.

cabin steward had to go get it and deliver it when I did it.. so he is delivering it in at least some cases.

Those of you that are platinum, do you tip your room steward extra for taking/delivering your laundry?

Sewut

Service deserving (and it most often is...) I tip my cabin steward at the end of the cruise for everything he/she does for us, including dropping off and returning our laundry...

:)

Whats the big deal of bringing your laundry back and doing it in your own home?????? More sanitary !!!!!!!!!!!!

We went on an ATV excursion where we got very muddy. I was happy that I didn't have to put those muddy clothes in my suitcase. We can also pack less clothes if we know we can get them washed during the cruise.

Sewut

Sewut

We have platinum and yes we do tip, on the liberty last may we gave our steward 20.00 and he seemed quite happy and we were happy we had clean clothes when we got home :}

Whats the big deal of bringing your laundry back and doing it in your own home?????? More sanitary !!!!!!!!!!!!

Because you can get away with packing much less. Men's T shirts and underwear take up a lot of room. We send out his underwear, socks, everyone's T shirts and cotton shorts. It is also less work for me when we get home if we arrive home with lots of clean clothes.

You all are crazy if you tip your cabin steward for taking care of your platinum free laundry.

This is about the easiest thing they do, They pick up your bag and put it on a laundry cart. When it comes back, they take it off the cart and put it in your cabin.

Why in the world would you want to tip them extra for that?

Platinum here and just returned from a cruise. Sent laundry out 5 of the 7 days(including 2 bags one morning.) Our steward always had our laundry returned to us by mid afternoon and yes we did tip him at the end of the cruise. Yes, Platinum laundry is a perk but there is no way I would NOT tip extra for this.

Archived