Swapping rooms with friends after booking

ronllave

Me and some friends have booked a couple rooms. Now there's some more friends that are joining us and we were wondering how difficult it would be to have certain people swap rooms with others. For example, let's say room 1 was booked with persons A and B, and room 2 was booked with persons C and D. I want to change it so that room 1 has persons A and C and room 2 has persons B and D.

Has anybody ever done this? Thanks!

Me and some friends have booked a couple rooms. Now there's some more friends that are joining us and we were wondering how difficult it would be to have certain people swap rooms with others. For example, let's say room 1 was booked with persons A and B, and room 2 was booked with persons C and D. I want to change it so that room 1 has persons A and C and room 2 has persons B and D.

Easy after getting aboard go to the purser desk and change rooms....... no problems......... everyone will get new S&S card...

ES stands for Early Saver, it's a non-refundable rate but usually the least expensive. Carnival charges $50 for name changes but if you booked a fare that you can cancel without penalty then you can cancel and re-book the different names.

As others have mentioned you can wait until you are onboard the ship and all go together to the information desk and request your room keys be switched. This is very common and easy to do.

ES stands for Early Saver, it's a non-refundable rate but usually the least expensive. Carnival charges $50 for name changes but if you booked a fare that you can cancel without penalty then you can cancel and re-book the different names.

As others have mentioned you can wait until you are onboard the ship and all go together to the information desk and request your room keys be switched. This is very common and easy to do.

Except with ES rate, where there are no name changes. If before final payment they can cancel and rebook true for a $50 fee, but it sure complicates things to deal with the rest of the deposits to do it that way.

You said with ES it's $50 for a name change and Fire said there are no name changes allowed with ES.

Hope that helps a little.

Bill

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

I said Carnival charges $50 for name changes if you booked a cancelable fare.

"Carnival charges $50 for name changes but if you booked a fare that you can cancel without penalty then you can cancel and re-book the different names.

"

"Carnival charges $50 for name changes but if you booked a fare that you can cancel without penalty then you can cancel and re-book the different names.

"

ok my bad. The way I read it I thought otherwise.:o

Bill

Sorry, but what does ES stand for? We are booking through Carnival's web site and paying in full at the time of booking.

OK I am confused.:confused:

First OP says they are booked then says they are going to book.

Why not just put A and C and B and D where you want them when you book.

If you are already booked then when you get on the ship just go to guest services to get the adjustments made. Families do this all the time moving 1 parent from kids cabin to having both parents together.

they actually changed our cabin before we boarded our ship. i used a discount code in which i had to be booked in one cabin, and my husband booked for the other which left me rooming with my sil and my dh rooming with my brother. so while getting our s&s cards, we told them and they changed it right there. there was no need to wait until we got on the ship and wait in another long line.

see if they can do it before you board so your cards, accounts etc. are all set up.

happy cruising!

OK I am confused.:confused:

First OP says they are booked then says they are going to book.

Why not just put A and C and B and D where you want them when you book.

If you are already booked then when you get on the ship just go to guest services to get the adjustments made. Families do this all the time moving 1 parent from kids cabin to having both parents together.

Some of us are already booked but there are a few more people which have yet to book. Sorry for the confusion. We will just figure it out when we get there. Thanks for the helpful info.

"

ok my bad. The way I read it I thought otherwise.:o

Bill

Actually thats not what you said. You said "Carnival charges $50 for name changes but if you booked a fare that you can cancel without penalty then you can cancel and re-book the different names."

These are 2 different statements, hence the "but."

If carnival won't let you you can always ask the desk for a non-charging room key and just make the switch on your own. That is if you are close enough with these friends to trust them not to damage the room that is in your name.

No- you really don't want to get non-charging room keys- it will be a mess at the end. On board, or when checking in if you can, have them reassign the keys and accounts the way you want them. We have done this with our kids and it is a quick and easy thing.

No- you really don't want to get non-charging room keys- it will be a mess at the end. On board, or when checking in if you can, have them reassign the keys and accounts the way you want them. We have done this with our kids and it is a quick and easy thing.

could you elaborate why it will be a mess?

We did this a couple times before when my son was younger and before they changed the rules about who could stay in what rooms.

Bill

YES .. they will let you change.. we had people that didn't even know each other change cabins on one of our cruises because the TA screwed up.. just go to guest services... IT CAN BE DONE AND WILL BE DONE!!!;) Just make sure all parties are present that are the main person in each cabin!!!

could you elaborate why it will be a mess?

We did this a couple times before when my son was younger and before they changed the rules about who could stay in what rooms.

Bill

I assume that you were paying for your son. If you don't change the charging status, everything on the s&s card will be charged to the original person. It just seems to me that then there you are A paying C, C paying D, etc etc. And then someone doesn't have checks, or didn't plan to pay off the credit card immediately. Since they will happily change the charging status, which will include OBC, why not just do it that way.

We have done it after boarding. When BF's kids cruised with us and we had to book separate cabins due to age restrictions. Once on board they had no problems switching us around.

Also, on the Legend we had 2 ladies that had booked through a TA and were told that the 5179 and 5180 were next to each other (by the TA). They knocked on our door and asked if we could switch with them so they could be next to their friends. We had no problem doing so and it actually worked out for us since it put us only a couple of doors down from BF's parents.

Archived