Texas Residency Rates??

Really? I've gotten GA resident rates for cruises out of Florida before. You basically have to go through the whole booking process and get to the point of selecting your cabin location, and then it will show those special rates.

I'm cruising with a friend from Texas, so if that was an option, I'd like to take advantage!

Because you live in a particular state, that doesn't mean you will have a resident's rate applied to your fare. They offer those as they need to in order to round out their bookings for a particular sailing. Sometimes it has to do with how much cruise air they have available from different gateway cities. The only way I know how to tell if you are getting a resident's (or 55+, armed services/police) discount is do dummie bookings for each and see if there is any difference in the fares. Besides all those people from other states get the best deals:p;)!

Hate to give you a teaser but hope someone comes to my rescue with the link. There was a thread a while ago that listed a web site that you could put in your state and it would bring up all the cruises that were currently offering residency rates for the state you picked. I always click my state when I am checking rates and in all of our cruises we have only received one discount for living in Colorado. :( Kinda a bummer since we have to fly so cruising is way more expensive then those close enough to drive.

BonVoyage

Dawna

I found it on a major online travel sity. If you search google using "exclusive cruise savings for your state or region", it should be the first link to pop up.

Just a reminder that such price discounts usually are short lived. Usually hours to a day or two.

just going over the paper work for our Dec cruise on Mariner. Yes. I was able to get a resident rate for Texas. Also our friends from Ill also got one. I was doing price checks back in July and both states had a resident rate at that time. We are sailing over Christmas. Guess I hit it just right on the price check. Also, have gotten the senior rate a couple of times. Pays off to check prices.

just going over the paper work for our Dec cruise on Mariner. Yes. I was able to get a resident rate for Texas. Also our friends from Ill also got one. I was doing price checks back in July and both states had a resident rate at that time. We are sailing over Christmas. Guess I hit it just right on the price check. Also, have gotten the senior rate a couple of times. Pays off to check prices.

We're sailing on the 4th of Dec. same deal. and I was able to upgrade from promenade to balcony:D for $14.31

Archived