"Site Under Maintenance" for last 6 days !

Loulounic

Hi all,

For the last 6 days, have been trying a few times a day to access Celebritycruises dot com without success - all I get is : Site Under Maintenance...:mad:

Anyone else having this problem ? I'm from Canada and I've also tried to connect showing I'm from the USA... and I still get the same message.

We have friends who may be interested in joining us, but we cannot get thru to Celebrity. We don't want to call without seeing what's available first on their website.

Comments, please.

Just tried it and had no problem either.

Did you clear your cache? Or try clicking Reload?

Wondering if it could have been picking up the old message from your cache instead of going out to the website.

Thanks for suggesting this - I will try.

I'm from Canada. Lately everytime I access Celebrity's website I get a 'Congratulations, you've been selected for a survey about our website' or something along those lines, saying I would be eligible for a draw if I participated. But when I select my country of origin, I get a message saying 'sorry, you aren't eligible'. But the darn survey pops up everytime I access the site! I guess next time it happens if I select 'no thanks' it will finally go away.

Hi all,

For the last 6 days, have been trying a few times a day to access Celebritycruises dot com without success - all I get is : Site Under Maintenance...:mad:

Anyone else having this problem ? I'm from Canada and I've also tried to connect showing I'm from the USA... and I still get the same message.

We have friends who may be interested in joining us, but we cannot get thru to Celebrity. We don't want to call without seeing what's available first on their website.

Comments, please.

I had this happen two weekends ago on Saturday and Sunday. It finally worked for me on Monday morning. Don't understand why it happens to some and not others but then - the entire new web site is frustrating and slow for most people. Oh, I am using IE 8 on an XP system - maybe that has something to do with it. Good luck.

It is the Captain's Club that has stated "Under Construction" for the past 7 days for us. So I tried clearing cache, as suggested, but that made no difference. I was hoping to check my cruise credits, but that hasn't been possible. Even tried phoning, but after 30 minutes gave up.

It really seems bizarre that Celebrity would leave the Capt Club site shut down for such a long time.

Brian (also Toronto)

Try going to "celebrity.com" instead of celebritycruises.
It doesn't matter which one I enter because both go to celebritycruises for me.

It is the Captain's Club that has stated "Under Construction" for the past 7 days for us. So I tried clearing cache, as suggested, but that made no difference. I was hoping to check my cruise credits, but that hasn't been possible. Even tried phoning, but after 30 minutes gave up.

It really seems bizarre that Celebrity would leave the Capt Club site shut down for such a long time.

Brian (also Toronto)

Out of curiosity upon reading this, I just tried accessing the Captain's Club again (on USA site) and once again had no problem at all. My cruise credits are showing and they are correct.

Does Celebrity have a different website for Canadians or do you use the same one we use in the USA?

Hi All,

Haven't had too many problems this week with the Celebrity Website. Other than at times it has been slow to load.

=== === ===

It doesn't matter which one I enter because both go to celebritycruises for me.

Does Celebrity have a different website for Canadians or do you use the same one we use in the USA?

Hi Fleckle,

PARAGRAPH # 1

Indeed both celebrity.com and celebritycruises.com work equally well for me also.

PARAGRAPH # 2

Canadians use the .com website (as far as I know there is no .ca version)... BUT there is a cookie that loads that recognizes us as Canadians... down at the bottom of the page in the right hand corner you'll see... COUNTRY... here it will default to read CANADA.

Although we can certainly change that if we like... I do so often enough to check pricing in both CDN Dollars and US Dollars...

Guessing this is what many other Non-Americans do as well... based on the number of times that I've read posts on Cruise Critic commenting about the differences in pricing...

Celebrity "interprets" their own Exchange Rates ... not always favourable.

Which is why it is important that Cruisers look at both the US Pages and their own COUNTRY version... also KNOW what is happening with Exchange Rates... and make smart decisions on how you plan to pay for your Cruise Expenses.

Cheers!

Celebrity has a different Captain's Club website for x-americans.

We are aussies booked on Century Cruise 30 Nov.

On bottom right of celebrity's website you can click on "not from -country).

I have done this to show my country of origin as United States and a different page come up when you click on exclusive offers.

I have contacted Celebrity regarding one day specials NOT being available on Australian website. After about 1 month Celebrity emailed me back stating that this was the case and did not intend to change in the near future.

It appears there is a two tiered Captain's Club range of benefits in place i.e. one for Americans and one of r the rest of us.

It's their company I guess.

I'm from Canada. Lately everytime I access Celebrity's website I get a 'Congratulations, you've been selected for a survey about our website' or something along those lines, saying I would be eligible for a draw if I participated. But when I select my country of origin, I get a message saying 'sorry, you aren't eligible'. But the darn survey pops up everytime I access the site! I guess next time it happens if I select 'no thanks' it will finally go away.

Hi Lyn2005,

I have been encountering the same thing... STUPID and frustrating.

Dah... inflict me with a pop-up... offer me something but then in the fine print... say I don't qualify. Not the best marketing plan to endear a company to me.

Cheers!

Hi all,

Comments, please.

Are you using Mozilla? I get the same thing when using Mozilla but Internet Explorer is fine. This is a new thing. Mozilla used to work fine. Hope this helps. It is so frustrating and I wish they would fix this site once and for all.

Hello fellow Canadian...I just posted the same observation on another thread. Guess they're not interested in our opinion...just our reservation...LOL. However, it only came up the one time, not each time I access. Wonder if you need to clear your cache?

Clearing my cache may have worked, I also said 'no' to the invitation the last time instead of keeping trying again. I heard on Canada AM this morning that the US is probably going to be adding a $5 surcharge to Canadians entering their country by air. Sure to be lots of controversy about that one!

Clearing my cache may have worked, I also said 'no' to the invitation the last time instead of keeping trying again. I heard on Canada AM this morning that the US is probably going to be adding a $5 surcharge to Canadians entering their country by air. Sure to be lots of controversy about that one!

Some say the charge is $5 per sea/air entry. Wonder if that includes cruise embarkation even though we've paid at lift off? I think there's a thread which mentions there's a charge at Vcr (Canada) airport ($10)for US/Foreign entry for airport enhancement...guess this will eventually be a world wide revenue source.

Hi guys: Finally got access to the Captain's Club site, and even found a good rundown of my cruise credits:).

Interestingly, I had had the site on my Favourites List for years, and it always had worked until recently. After clearing cache etc, as was kindly suggested here, in desperation I cleared the address I'd been using, and just entered Captainsclub.com ... and it worked.

Simple, but a lot to go through!

Cheers, to all

Brian

Hi guys: Finally got access to the Captain's Club site, and even found a good rundown of my cruise credits:).

. After clearing cache etc,

Cheers, to all

Brian

How do you "Clear the cache"?

Archived