Any Non Drinkers?

timetogosoon

So is there ANYONE out there who does not drink at all? DH and I do not drink, and I know that a lot of the appeal for most people is all the alcohol on board... My question is, do they have fun non alcoholic drinks like virgin pina coladas or daiquiris?

We have sailed with a few non or very mild drinkers and yes, you will have the same drinks in the "virgin" fashion although the prices will probably not be much cheaper.

Enjoy!

So is there ANYONE out there who does not drink at all? DH and I do not drink, and I know that a lot of the appeal for most people is all the alcohol on board... My question is, do they have fun non alcoholic drinks like virgin pina coladas or daiquiris?

Yes you can ask for your drinks virgin...

Here is a link to the bar menu.. you can see that they say you can order them virgin for 4.75..

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/Carnival-Bar-Menu/CarnivalCruiseBarMenu.htm

I'm a non drinker also (allergic), so I just kick back and watch everyone else run up the total on their sign & sale card with buckets of beer and more booze than they'd ever consume on a typical land vacation! ;)

As for me, a good virgin Miami Vice and I'm good to go...

Hi Timetogosoon, my wife is a very light drinker, she might have a couple drinks over the course of our up coming cruise. I don't drink alcohol at all, it doesn't agree with me. I plan on enjoying the free beverages, purchasing a soda card and having a few of the virgin fruity drinks in the afternoon while on deck.

My sister doesnt drink because of meds and has gotten virgin pina coladas. Unfortunately, I can only look at them, Im allergic to coconut and they put it in so many drinks.

I stick to margaritas which I know are safe... but I am sure you can get the frozen drinks virgin, we have.

My DH and I don't drink. It's just a decision and choice we made long ago. Like the previous poster, we enjoy all the free Iced tea, coffee, juices, etc. We don't buy a soda card, although we like sodas. We'd rather spend that money on something else. I do have to wonder sometimes how big a bar tab some cruisers have. Those drinks sure aren't cheap, and sometimes we see the same people at the bar as soon as it opens for business, and then at the pool bar, and then late at night at the piano bar, always with a drink. That must be pretty costly!! As for me, I'd rather take that money into port and buy a pashmina and some jewelry.:D

I am a Social Drinker, but since I havent had a drink in over 3 years, I guess you could call me a Non-Drinker. Also all the cruises I have taken, I never ordered Alchol. Just didnt want it & certainly didnt want to spend the $$$. I drink Tea and Soda. Always buy a Soda card so I am usually fine. Also I am not really into the Fruity Foo-Foo drinks really.

I figure to each their own. I have also seen lots of people get the "Deer in the Headlights" look when they recieve their final bill & realize how much they have consumed & how much it is going to cost them. I am happy with my less than $ 100 bill minus tips for the entire cruise.

My DH and I don't drink. It's just a decision and choice we made long ago. Like the previous poster, we enjoy all the free Iced tea, coffee, juices, etc. We don't buy a soda card, although we like sodas. We'd rather spend that money on something else. I do have to wonder sometimes how big a bar tab some cruisers have. Those drinks sure aren't cheap, and sometimes we see the same people at the bar as soon as it opens for business, and then at the pool bar, and then late at night at the piano bar, always with a drink. That must be pretty costly!! As for me, I'd rather take that money into port and buy a pashmina and some jewelry.:D

You and your DH sound like me and my DH. We don't drink at all - again a personal decision. We often will bring on a case of soda but if not we enjoy the ice tea and lemonade provided and mix these for an Arnold Palmer. :) We enjoy cruising and don't usually have any bill on our sail and sign card - don't drink, gamble or buy souviners either. We still have as much fun as anyone else though..

I don't drink and my wife drinks very little. We really don't hang in the bars at night but that's just us.

Not a fan of the non alcoholic drinks either. I am usually fine with whatever is offered for free. My wife might have a drink or 2 but that's about it.

Oh yea, we have a blast.

Duane

I'm a nondrinker. My husband drinks but almost never when I'm around.

Our last cruise, he had two drinks. That was while we watched the comedy show. I had a total of 3 non-alcoholic drinks during the cruise. Two virgin daiquiris and one pina colada. My non-alcoholic pina colodaa introduced my husband to that type of fru fru drink. He was quite excited and got an alcoholic one.

The non-alcoholic drinks are cheaper.

I am a very light drinker, maybe one frozen drink or a glass of wine on the cruise. I've never ordered the virgin drinks since I am happy with free iced tea, coffee and water. I don't have anything against moderate drinking, but I prefer spending my money for other things. DH usually has 1 beer with dinner on a cruise, just as he does at home. Drinking just isn't an important part of our lives or our vacations.

We do drink but I would like to remind you to bring a pretty glass to have your non-alcoholic carry ons in. You can get heavy duty plastic wine glasses or you could just ask the bartender on board for a couple of glasses. To me, EVERYTHING tastes better in a pretty glass.

Have fun!

To me, EVERYTHING tastes better in a pretty glass.

AGREED! I love fun glasses. Actually DH and I are planning on getting some FRE wine (non alcoholic) before we board. The Brut is actually really good. We like Martinelli's Apple Cider, but the non-alcoholic wine was a bit lighter and less sweet. Its only $7 a bottle, but Carnival charges $20 on board... So I think we'll bring one of those on board with us and can't forget the glasses!! :)

Non drinker here, due to medication & the fact that I hate the taste of any alcohol!

Those chocolate liqueur drinks sound fantastic, but can't see how they could make them "virgin.". I think they do provide Shirley Temple type drinks for kids, as well as smoothies.

Got home less than an hour ago from our first cruise. I don't drink! You can get really great drinks, no alcohol. Try a Kiss on the Lips and I had my first Banana Daiquiri, It was wonderful and they are cheaper, $4.75 or $4.95 can't remember. Also, lots of others but I didn't order anything with coconut, my son loves the Pina Coloda and Mango Pina Colodas and Hurricane Daiquiris are good also. They come in the same kind of glass as the other drinks so no one knows if you're drinking or not. I don't care if everyone knows I don't drink but my SIL won't drink a virgin drink if the others in her group know it is.

Archived