Would You All Please Write More Stuff....

....I have a month before my B2B and I am going crazy with the waiting and I need something to keep my mind off how slow the time is going.

Something really controversial would be great, perhaps information or pictures of the Freedom that would be fun or interesting...I'm open to reading about anything at this juncture. :)

I'm appealing to my CC friends to help me through this difficult time!

How about chair hogs, smuggling a little libation, and how about is this T shirt OK for formal night?:D:D

Don't forget diapered kids in the pool....

Seriously, my advice is to enjoy everyday of the anticipation leading up to your cruise because the cruise, itself, will go by way too quickly.

Margie, in exactly 2 weeks, we'll be on the brand new Silhouette for her 12 night maiden caribbean voyage, so I am also bursting at the seams with excitement!!!!!!!!!!!! This is all part of the cruise process, all the antisapation, packing and planning for the cruise. Then we do it all over again in Feb on the Enchantment.

We are all so lucky to be able to even cruise with today's economic world. Have a great cruise!!!!!!!!!!!:)

How about reading a good, juicy novel about cruising? "Cruise Confidential - A Hit Below The Water Line" comes to mind. I thought it was an eye-opener and a must-read. (You'll never order 2 main dishes in dining room again ... ha! )

Jay Herring has written about his experience as a cruise officer but I didn't find it nearly as good.

How about reading a good, juicy novel about cruising? "Cruise Confidential - A Hit Below The Water Line" comes to mind. I thought it was an eye-opener and a must-read. (You'll never order 2 main dishes in dining room again ... ha! )

Jay Herring has written about his experience as a cruise officer but I didn't find it nearly as good.

How about Iceberg in Caribbean punches ittie bittee holes in cruise ship? Shaved ice for the cold drinks on the main deck and the ship does not sink as no rivets pop :p

re-check your packing list

re-check your shore excursion plans

re-check your pre-cruise hotel

check long long term weather reports

check in with roll call regularly and let them know what you are doing...

Pray....

Good luck .... you will survive!

Ya could visit the other boards and see if they have the same interesting topics as us.

Irons

Sharing soda card.

Stiffing instead of tipping

Or you could daily re-create yourself as a one post wonder and disrupt the threads.

Safe travels.

Don't forget diapered kids in the pool....

Seriously, my advice is to enjoy everyday of the anticipation leading up to your cruise because the cruise, itself, will go by way too quickly.

True that! For me, half of the fun of a big event is the waiting and anticipation! Heck, I enjoyed the months leading up to my wedding more than the wedding itself because there is something to be said about the giddy anticipation of what's to come.

That being said, I'm starting to get VERY impatient about my upcoming Allure cruise. I've been waiting to go on this class of ship since it was annunced what, 3 years ago? It took a lot of saving to get to this point.

Plus, this has been a fairly difficult school year and I cannot WAIT for a break!!!

I find that making lists helps me get through the obsessions! I also find that having something else to focus on makes the time go faster. I'm working on a minor reno of my bathroom that I hope to have fininshed before our cruise in Feb. :D

....I have a month before my B2B and I am going crazy with the waiting and I need something to keep my mind off how slow the time is going.

Something really controversial would be great, perhaps information or pictures of the Freedom that would be fun or interesting...I'm open to reading about anything at this juncture. :)

I'm appealing to my CC friends to help me through this difficult time!

Reading about anything? Do you have a hand held reading device like a kindle? If so, there are a lot of free books out there about the Titanic. I'm not kidding. I get every free one I can. I've begun reading one before each cruise and then continue it on board if I haven't already finished. They are all REALLY interesting - different writing styles - different viewpoints. You meet the people who were on board and get to know more about them.

You won't become fearful of cruising. The books are quite exciting.

:D

Reading about anything? Do you have a hand held reading device like a kindle? If so, there are a lot of free books out there about the Titanic. I'm not kidding. I get every free one I can. I've begun reading one before each cruise and then continue it on board if I haven't already finished. They are all REALLY interesting - different writing styles - different viewpoints. You meet the people who were on board and get to know more about them.

You won't become fearful of cruising. The books are quite exciting.

:D

I actually listen to digital books on my ipod, I haven't "read" much for years because I love listening. We get most of our books from http://www.audible.com I am listening to "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo" right now, while taking a break from the Wheel of Time series. My new iPad should be arriving any day and I might download some of the books you suggest about the Titanic, they sound interesting.

After 17 or so cruises I don't know if anything could turn me away from cruising. I agree the anticipating is exciting and I also know the cruise will be over too quickly...that's why we like to keep at least one cruise booked at all times. :D

This is our first time on a ship larger than the Radiance of the Seas, so we are very excited. I would love to give one of Celebrity's new ships a try, maybe next year! :)

This will be a whole new world for you when you step aboard. The Radiance and Oasis have virtually nothing in common.

Archived