Tailor service on regent?

TedC

While we were on part of the World Cruise this past Spring, I bought a sun dress in Australia that I wanted shortened. A tailor came to our suite, I tried the dress on and he marked the hem. I'm pretty sure I had it the next day. I don't recall how much it cost.

Karen

On last years Seward to Beijing cruise a tailer from Hong Kong came on board in Japan and advertised fittings for clothing to be made and either sent to our homes or picked up in Hong Kong once Navigator made it there. There were several staff members on board and they made the sales in one of the Master Suites. Didn't talk to anyone who took them up on their offer and we had no need for any of what they were selling.

Assume this was worked out with Regent as their offers were included in the daily newsletter and they had signs around the ship advertising their wares. So, it does occur but, would expect it only on a cruise that goes to a port like Hong Kong and where the ship isn't full and a suitable suite is available.

So contrary to the Regent "expert", it did occur about a year ago.

Have you had anything tailored while cruising on Regent? If so were you satisfied with the quality and value of the work?

Thank you for any input.

On our cruise last August on Voyager there was tailoring available. Waistband, inseam, etc. The costs seemed reasonable to me. A short note to Regent and I would think you could receive all the info.

Sorry about the typo (glad it made you chuckle:-) I have not seen pricing for alterations -- perhaps they failed to put the form in our suite on our last 10 cruises:confused:. I do understand that a tailor could come on board at certain ports -- especially Hong Kong and/or Thailand and Japan. Will check it out when I'm onboard the Voyager next month. It would be great to have clothing made in the Middle East!

I can understand the Hong Kong tailor being onboard, for men's suits etc. That would be pretty awsome, although I can't imagine many women doing that, since styles vary so much.

In the past I've heard about people bringing their new clothes on board and getting them hemmed or altered after they boarded. That was a while ago.

My Husband had the sleeves of a shirt he had purchased in Ft Lauderdale shortened on our last Navigator cruise back in May 2010. The taylor came to our suit, made adjustments, took the shirt and it was delivered back the next day. I think it was $13.

The on-board tailor will do alterations.

The people from HK are there to sell /make their items and will not alter what you already own. By the way, they do far more than mens suits.

I have used both services in the past and have been happy with both.

I used the Navigator's Tailor on our recent trip to hem a pair of pants. It was greatl The cabin steward brought the Tailor to the room. He marked my pants and took them away. The pants reappeared nicely hemmed in the room the next day. I think the cost was less than $10.

Archived