Corkage Fee Again

marbat105

Just called NCL about corkage fees and looks like policy changed again depending on size of bottle. $15 for .75 and $30 for 1.5 and in the FAQ section it states it, the $15.00 no matter what size line is gone. Too much hassle, am just going to get the wine package. Any recent experience with this? I sail two weeks from today and it better not be snowing here in NYC like it is today!

Hi we have just returned from New York having sailed on the Jewel and have to say the corkage saved us a lot of cash. We paid for 6 bottles and it was $15 each.. the wine I bought was on offer in New York from $10 down to $5 and it was a lovely wine. If we had bought the wine onboard it was $28 per bottle at the least plus 15% tax. The offer on the wine package is 20% of if you buy 6 bottles... they then add on 15% sales tax.

I will only ever buy on land and pay corkage from now on.

Never seen anyone with a large bottle but did see lots of people carrying corkage paid bottles.

Just called NCL about corkage fees and looks like policy changed again depending on size of bottle. $15 for .75 and $30 for 1.5 and in the FAQ section it states it, the $15.00 no matter what size line is gone. Too much hassle, am just going to get the wine package. Any recent experience with this? I sail two weeks from today and it better not be snowing here in NYC like it is today!

Have you checked the FAQ the past couple of days? It had been changed again to the $30 for the larger size.

Have you checked the FAQ the past couple of days? It had been changed again to the $30 for the larger size.

I think you misread the OP's post.

"the FAQ section it states it, the $15.00 no matter what size line is gone."

This is why I'm planning to bring the regular size bottles, 6 of them, and pay the corkage fees. But I'm a picky wine drinker and I only drink certain types and don't want to risk not having them on board. Plus I don't drink quanity just quality so ya know...hopefully we can find a good wine store in NO that has a decent selection since we have to fly to port!

That has always been the policy (as long as I can remember) but I have never seen them enforce it. We bring about 3 or 4 bottles on board, a couple 1.5 liters and a couple .75. We have always been charged $15.

Nita

NCL is really nickel and diming everthing. Time to consider going back to Carnival. Yes they all nickel and dime but this is really getting out of hand.

Carnival is even stricter about the booze issue. the only difference is they do not charge corkage if you drink the wine in your cabin, but they do not allow you to bring on as much as you like either. This policy on NCL has been in effect for about 6 or 7 years. If you have cruised them, I think you would know this.

Nita

We were on the Sun last week and paid $15 for each 1.5 lt. of wine we brought on board.

Here is the new policy @ NCL's FAQ , just copied this:

Wine & Champagne Policy

Guests are allowed to bring wine or champagne onboard.

These will be subject to the following:

$15.00 USD 750 ml bottle

$20.00 USD 1,000 ml bottle

$30.00 USD 1,500 ml magnum

Wines that are not featured on NCL's wine lists are subject to the corkage fee including wine sent directly to the ship by Travel Agents, friends, family, from another retail source, etc. The bottle will have a sticker or stamp placed on it showing that the fee was paid, and that the guest will be allowed to have the product onboard. This fee will be charged to the guest’s onboard account. Wines that come in boxes are not allowed onboard.

So I guess things have changed.:(

cheers...the Ump...:D

Thank you NCL for keeping your cruise prices so low. I really appreciate how you don't bundle in charges for things I might never use, like corkage, photos, specialty restaurants, pizza, late night room service, etc. This way I am in control! I get to make the decisions about where my nickles and dimes go!

I certainly don't mind the DSC, it makes things much easier at the end of the cruise.

We were on the Sun last week and paid $15 for each 1.5 lt. of wine we brought on board.

Here is the new policy @ NCL's FAQ , just copied this:

Wine & Champagne Policy

Guests are allowed to bring wine or champagne onboard.

These will be subject to the following:

$15.00 USD 750 ml bottle

$20.00 USD 1,000 ml bottle

$30.00 USD 1,500 ml magnum

Wines that are not featured on NCL's wine lists are subject to the corkage fee including wine sent directly to the ship by Travel Agents, friends, family, from another retail source, etc. The bottle will have a sticker or stamp placed on it showing that the fee was paid, and that the guest will be allowed to have the product onboard. This fee will be charged to the guest’s onboard account. Wines that come in boxes are not allowed onboard.

So I guess things have changed.:(

cheers...the Ump...:D

I just saw this...I'm glad we got to bring ours when it was just $15 for the 1.5

We just sailed on the Pearl 10/23-10/30 and we paid $15 per 1.5 liter also

So you must pay the corkage fee even if you're drinking the wine in your cabin? We usually like to have a glass of wine before heading to dinner or just relaxing on our balcony in the afternoon/evening and this is our first time on NCL. Pearl in 12 days!

I finally get to say "Just off the GEM"(review forthcoming!)

I had heard one of my Fellow Roll Callers commenting that the price had changed again. Although they did not "charge me On Boarding" they did give us a receipt that said "$15" per bottle(we were charged to our OBC on Thursday-5 days into the trip!). Since we also had a "Gift" bottle from our TA, we only drank one of our own, and NCL is sending me a refund check for the two we didn't open....BTW,..I thought the one we'd get from the TA would be "Garbage" but it was a very nice Tisdale Merlot!!!(of which I drank 2/3rds of the bottle @ Cagney's!)

Bill(DrFootball)

A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to the "United States of America" for an amount of “up to and including my life".

Bill's Brainiac Random Quote Generator V0.95 final beta for Mac

Carnival is even stricter about the booze issue. the only difference is they do not charge corkage if you drink the wine in your cabin, but they do not allow you to bring on as much as you like either. This policy on NCL has been in effect for about 6 or 7 years. If you have cruised them, I think you would know this.

Nita

My friend was sailing Carnival the same time I was sailing NCL, and she was very jeolous that I could pay corkage on an unlimted bottles of wine (we brought 6 or so). Carnival doesn't make you pay corkage, but you can only bring on 1 bottle!

Archived