"Haunted" Sapphire Princess?

RickEk

I was just perusing the home page of CC and the poll says that the Sapphire Princess is supposedly haunted? Has anyone heard about this? I'm a complete skeptic, but it'd be interesting to hear the story. :)

I do know that the Sapphire Princess hull was originally the Diamond Princess, but after a shipyard fire on the original Diamond Princess (which destroyed a significant part of the ship), Princess swapped names and thus the original Sapphire Princess hull became the current Diamond Princess and the burned out hull became the Sapphire Princess. Confusing ain't it? :p I didn't hear that anyone had died during the fire, so I'm just asking if anyone knows why the Sapphire might be haunted?

Boo! :eek:;)

http://paranormal.about.com/library/blstory_may07_14.htm

Appropriate time to share scary STORIES.

Funny story... Maybe we should ask Toto to investigate? :p:)

And here's some tidbits about the fire aboard the Sapphire (nee Diamond) Princess when she was being built.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=652

http://www.mhi.co.jp/en/news/sec1/e_0922.html

DiamondPrincessFire-01.jpg.22213b26ae70cc1686b565d658b2bb55.jpg

It is NOT haunted. I have an extreme sixth sense and the Sapphire has nothing paranormal about it. :rolleyes:

Now if you want to talked haunted, go to New Orleans sometime

Sixth sense as in being more intuitive than the average person or sixth sense as in being able to see/feel/communicate with spirits?

No sarcasm intended, just curiousity. :)

HMM, any truth about the legend that one of the cabin doors has been welded shut and three human shaped shadows were burned into the paint on the wall across the hall from the door. And, no matter how many times they were painted over, they reappear in the middle of each cruise.?:eek:

Any way, Happy Halloween.

Bob

Sixth sense as in being more intuitive than the average person or sixth sense as in being able to see/feel/communicate with spirits?

I think sixth sense as in being overly imaginative and sensing things that do not exist.

Several weeks ago I was on the Sapphire and I kept feeling a cold hand on my back whenever I was in the my cabin, and every time I walked down the front stairs I saw strange things moving out of the corner of my eyes as I approached the 12th floor! I thought it was "spa people" but maybe it was something else!

;)Amelia

Having been on the Sapphire, I did not notice anything strange and I usually do. My Father in Law passed away about 10 days agi and we brought his cat in to stay with us. Two days later we were eating dinner and we heard our piano being played on randomly. We figured the cat was walking on this former gift from Barbies' father but when we got up to investigate, there was no cat and the piano keyboaard was closed. My wife swears that it was not a joke. I have not stopped thinking about it since.

True story for anyone thinking I am making this up.

I am sure there is a logical answer for this.

Bob Winters

Just needed to share this.

see what you started Rick

Having been on the Sapphire, I did not notice anything strange and I usually do. My Father in Law passed away about 10 days agi and we brought his cat in to stay with us. Two days later we were eating dinner and we heard our piano being played on randomly. We figured the cat was walking on this former gift from Barbies' father but when we got up to investigate, there was no cat and the piano keyboaard was closed. My wife swears that it was not a joke. I have not stopped thinking about it since.

True story for anyone thinking I am making this up.

I am sure there is a logical answer for this.

Bob Winters

Just needed to share this.

see what you started Rick

Either that is one smart cat, someone is playing a trick on you or your FIL is saying "hey".

LOL!! We have a saying in our house about "Uncle Theo". My uncle & mother did not get along & when I put a picture of the both on my dresser it was not pretty! I usually would not believe this but my uncle's framed picture pushed off my mothers framed picture there is a huge scratch & the glass broke in her frame. There was not open window .Lights have turned on & off as well as box fans. Love him & at least it is a peaceful "haunting". He died at 42 of a massive heart attack & I was his favorite neice!???

Extremely intuitive. Of course, if I were THAT good I'd be winning the lotto. LOL

I think of people who I haven't thought of in years and then run into said people shortly after thinking of them. That type of thing, or think of weird things like earthquakes, and then we have one that day...that type of thing. Or go into a hotel room and refuse to stay in a particular room, make the desk clerk change my room, only to find out at a later time that something bad happened in the room that I refused to originally stay in. Those are the types of things that I experience on occasion.

Archived