Water Taxi... Is it worth it?

ASIWISH

[quote name='terrydtx']STOP these postings just way too much fun going on and I am stuck here for another 2 weeks before our fun begins, I am so so jealous. :p I will watch you all sail away tomorrow at 5pm with a lot of envy.:cool:[/QUOTE]

I am SOOOOO sorry… It’s just that is SOOOOOO wonderful here…. Again, sorry.!!!! Ha! You're funny!

[quote name='Himself']I always enjoy the "collorful commentary" of the staff of the Water Taxi. I don't know if you remember "Jim Moran, the Courtesy Man" who ran Courtesy Motor Sales and Grand and Central Park but he sold the business and moved to Fort Lauderdale and became the chief Distrutor for Toyota. He died a couple of years ago at the age of 90. You see a couple of his big boats parked along the Intercoastal Water Way. I hope you guys got off the boat on the New River and went up to Kiliwains.[/QUOTE]

Saw his yacht between stop 4-5... gorgeous! I understand he got a royalty off my Lexus... glad I could help!!!!

We stopped, and loved it! Reminded us of home... and since we haven't been there in 36-hours....:p

[quote name='TheKuhnFamily']Just got off of the Water Taxi... LOVED IT! Worth the $20!!!! So easy!!!!!!

Beautiful houses... and gorgeous yachts!!!

We stopped and had lunch at the !5th Street Fishery.... amazing seafood salad incredible Sangria!!!! I ordered in the Lobster Roll, [COLOR=darkorange]in honor of Sail7Seas[/COLOR].... but it was a huge disappointment... although, at least thinking of Sail brightened my day!!!

Still very windy, but gorgeous!

Marriott Harbor Beach is an excellent choice.... walking down the beach again tonight to watch the ships sail away... Love the Eurodam!

Thanks for all the advice on this thread!!![/quote]

[B]You sound so happy. Glad you are having such a good time and thank you so much for the high honor of ordering lobster roll in honor of this New Englander. We're going for dinner tonight with friends and I'll have a genuine hard shell lobster in YOUR honor. ;) sounds like you had a fun day.[/B]

[B]Continue to have fun and a wonderful cruise.[/B]

[quote name='sail7seas'][B]You sound so happy. Glad you are having such a good time and thank you so much for the high honor of ordering lobster roll in honor of this New Englander. We're going for dinner tonight with friends and I'll have a genuine hard shell lobster in YOUR honor. ;) sounds like you had a fun day.[/B]

[B]Continue to have fun and a wonderful cruise.[/B][/QUOTE]

The ONLY good lobsters are the ones from New England and cooked that day in New England. Sounds like you will have fun tonight too. BTW the best scallops are also in New England too.

[quote name='TheKuhnFamily']Has anyone ever taken the Ft. Lauderdale Water Taxi?

Have you found it an enjoyable trip?

Have you ever taken it back and forth from dinner?

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]"Easy, breezy"[/COLOR] or [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Take a real taxi"[/COLOR]?[/QUOTE]
We have not done the water taxi yet, but we did ride on the Carrie B one Sunday afternoon. We enjoyed that. You can often see it cruising around while you are waiting on deck for your ship to sail away.

[quote name='TheKuhnFamily']Saw his yacht between stop 4-5... gorgeous! I understand he got a royalty off my Lexus... glad I could help!!!!

We stopped, and loved it! Reminded us of home... and since we haven't been there in 36-hours....:p[/QUOTE]

Toyota went to Jim Moran when he still ran Courtesy Motors Sales in Chicago and asked him how could they make a dent in the American Market. Jim told them that they had to come up with a luxury car so they could compete with American Auto Company's across the board. Thus they develped the Lexus and perhaps "The Courtesy Man" got a royalty.
Personally, if I was going for a Toyota, I would want the Avalon.

Archived