Oasis of the Seas - Photo Review

jennat

At first I thought this guy with your son was in the witness protection program and didn't want his picture taken with you. Another irrelevant question, does your husband ever get mistaken for Phil Michelson?

So funny! Don't tell anyone you saw him there!:cool:

No my husband doesn't get mistaken. I take it he looks like him?? Must be a damn fine lookin' guy!

Funny, I will have to pull up a picture of him.

Jen....we're going on the Oasis in July 2012, and would love to know of where those "private, public" balconies are...how do you get to them??? I've heard about them on other peoples posts also. Thanks, loved all your reviews, pics. You sound like a fun person to cruise with, your family is truly blessed. Also loved your shirts too, you did a fabulous job on them.

Happy cruising...Jayne

No my husband doesn't get mistaken. I take it he looks like him?? Must be a damn fine lookin' guy!

Here ya go...Phil Mickelson (and he IS a "fine-looking guy"!) ;)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTCrgwl-E9G70Jtt4z5VLiI7IxwY45UCNl_5P1RyHqJnXaMzAqNDSC08281-2-2-1.jpg

We are on the Oasis this coming March, and I have the last Boardwalk cabin on the 11th deck overlooking the Aquatheatre. What types of movies do they play in the evenings when the diving shows are not on?

I love your review! I echo the sentiments of another poster that you should be a writer. Thank you for this thread.

We are on the Oasis this coming March, and I have the last Boardwalk cabin on the 11th deck overlooking the Aquatheatre. What types of movies do they play in the evenings when the diving shows are not on?

I love your review! I echo the sentiments of another poster that you should be a writer. Thank you for this thread.

That was my favorite thing all week.....we grabbed some popcorn (right there at the Boardwalk bar) and sat out at the Aqua Theater and watched several movies with the warm, ocean breeze flowing by us. That was awesome!:)

They played Zookeeper, Nine, the new Pirates movie and some others. Good selection for the whole family.

Phil is probably at least 10 years older than your husband now, but he looks like a younger Phil.

Also Burlesque, Kelly Clark Live, Green Lantern

Thanks for the compliment about the writing....:D

Jen....we're going on the Oasis in July 2012, and would love to know of where those "private, public" balconies are...how do you get to them??? I've heard about them on other peoples posts also. Thanks, loved all your reviews, pics. You sound like a fun person to cruise with, your family is truly blessed. Also loved your shirts too, you did a fabulous job on them.

Happy cruising...Jayne

They are at the end of decks 14, 12, 11 and 7 (the one on 7 has the rock wall so it is a little different) in the back of the ship.

Shhhhh, don't tell anyone.

Here ya go...Phil Mickelson (and he IS a "fine-looking guy"!) ;)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTCrgwl-E9G70Jtt4z5VLiI7IxwY45UCNl_5P1RyHqJnXaMzAqNDSC08281-2-2-1.jpg

That picture looks like a bobble head :D but i do see the resemblance.

Super busy today. I will try to get to the review soon. I promise.

That picture looks like a bobble head :D but i do see the resemblance.

Super busy today. I will try to get to the review soon. I promise.

I agree that was a weird photo of Phil! :eek: But it was the first one I found. I had never heard of Phil Mickelson until BillOh mentioned his name. But I totally agree that Phil resembles your husband! Both are handsome and have endearing smiles! (as do YOU, by the way!) Thanks for sharing your review. I have sailed on both Oasis and Allure and I loved having the opportunity to reminisce while taking a "virtual cruise" with you and your lovely family!

Okay, here is a better picture of Phil! ;)

Phil-Mickelson-131x196.jpgDSC08281-2-2-1.jpg

Another GREAT review. Your family is so photogenic. The pix of the river are absolutely gorgeous. I would not have jumped, either!!! We love Oasis and are going again in April 2012. This review makes me feel as if I've gone again. Too bad about the other trip. It sounded wonderful. They should PAY you to cruise and write reviews!! Thanks for the info and wonderful pictures.

Jen,

Your review and photos are awesome and I love your sense of humor. In fact, as I was sipping my favorite cocktail sitting on the sofa with my wife reading your review, it inspired me to immediately book the Allure for February 26th. Ok, maybe it was the cocktail. - I'm just saying...

John

Yeah, I'm pretty sure my kids are just spoiled. I'm not sure they get it. Not so much what the island kids don't have but just how much my kids have. My son will be moving out in a couple years and the vacations several times a year will stop. He says he won't miss them, that he doesn't like traveling as much as we do......we'll see quote]

LOL! We have the opposite problem...we spend a bundle taking them to all these great places and they love and appreciate it ( no idea how THAT happened) BUT...when DH and wax on about the trips we will will take when they have flown the nest, ( soon, they are 14 and 17) we hear " but we want to come too!"

Umm, we were sorta hoping to cut our travel budget in half:p

My kids have asked, "Can we still go on vacations with you, when we are in college?" Hmmm, let's see if you do your part by getting a full ride scholarship! :)

My kids have asked, "Can we still go on vacations with you, when we are in college?" Hmmm, let's see if you do your part by getting a full ride scholarship! :)

Too funny! Yes, I tell mine, ummm, the money we would spend on you to travel during college- it's tuition now! We are looking at a college today with DD1- she hasn't looked at one less that 30k yet;-)

Ok no more hi jacking by me! Loving this review!!!

Also Burlesque, Kelly Clark Live, Green Lantern

Thanks for the compliment about the writing....:D

For those traveling in Nov & Dec- I was told by c& a rep that puss in boots is on Allure and Oasis- 3 d in the theater! First run movie; that's 20 bucks in my neck if the woods!:D

So sorry, Crrraaazzzzy weekend....

I promise to finish soon. Thanks for hanging in there.

Let me post a topic to discuss until I return.

What is the best cocktail to drink during sailaway?

Discuss amoungst yourselves...

Interesting. What did it taste like? I like specialty martinis.

It was very good, if you like raspberries. He started with fresh rapsberries, crushed them and then unfortunately I can't remember what else was added. It was similar to a cosmo. Hands down my favourite drink - we had a couple every evening before going to dinner.

Archived