san diego question

lssg

We have a very late flight out of san diego after our cruise, is there anything else we can do besides sitting for hours at the airport, anything close to airport? Don't know what to do with our luggage either...any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated, we don't fly out till about 10 pm...

Check with your cruiseline to see if they have a program called Luggage Express, or similar. This takes your luggage from your cabin the night before getting off, gives you your boarding pass, and you don't see your bags until you get home.

If you can't do this, rental car with a trunk for the day.

Then, you have the day in San Diego. The Zoo, Midway, so many things to do.

The cruise dock is right in the heart of downtown San Diego. There are MANY things you can see/do that are close to the dock.

IF you come in the day before and stay at a hotel you can ask them to keep your luggage for you the day you return while you are sightseeing.

You can use the luggage express option as described above.

You can rent a car for the day too.

There is no place that will store luggage for you besides hotels in this post 9/11 world!

how much is luggage express from Holland America and do I sign up for it on the ship or before my cruise, I would love not to have to pickup and take my luggage from the cruise terminal to the airport...we could just leave and go sight seeing in san diego for a few hours...

Archived