Did the crew deserve a raise in THIS economy?

Did the crew deserve a raise in THIS economy?  

669 members have voted

1. 1. Did the crew deserve a raise in THIS economy?

• Yes they deserve it and they should get
    • Yes they deserve it,but not in this economy
    • No
    • No, lets do a zombie march at CCL headquarters.

Whether people can see the big picture or not, that doesn't change what the big picture is. I've spent allot of time in extreamly poor parts of the world, and that's probably why I get all fired up like this. I don't think we disagree on the point though, most everyone on these boards IS very lucky to be where they are and be able to have disposable income to blow on vacations. I certainly don't tip anyone out of pity, but because of great service. But I do take umbridge with those who cry about an extra 1.50 a day for hard working people on these ships after they've just spent thousands and thousands on a cruise.

Yes exactly. Kind of like wearing a $100 000.00 necklace to a $100.00 charity dinner :)

For real

If you make 35 k a year you are in the top 1 % in the world economy

Google it

Talking world economy here. We are talking the good old USA. If you ran this country you would also want to raise taxes on the top 1% so that would be on everyone making 35,000 per year

Were do you come up with this stuff. I think I know who you voted for in 08:). We wouldn't be in this mess if your figures were right.

hmmm well I think he is referring to the fact that we hit 7 billion people on earth last weekend and 1% is ..... just doing simple math I think lol

Rhetorical question of the day...

Why don't those who CONTINUOUSLY complain about Carnival's service, cut-backs, etc. go cruise on another line & stay away from Carnival (and its CC boards, LOL)?

It seems like such a no-brainer to me. :)

Because then all the internet "tough guys" and "brainiacs" wouldn't be able to come on here and b&tch and moan about things everyday...................or wait a minute, they could just go to their new message board and do the same.

I wasn't trying to be all high and mighty I just do not know how much they are paid and the original post was about a pay increase in today's economy. It was asking for an opinion and I stated I really can't say one way or another whether it is needed or not because I do not know what the actual amount is. I do believe there are some people/jobs that are paid way more than they deserve. The opposite is also true and there are a lot of people that work their butts off and are paid very little.

I leave the tip in place on my account and do tip a bit more to those that go above and beyond and deserve it. The 1 cruise I went on, the staff was awesome and a big reason I am returning for a 2nd cruise.

There is no reason to jump on my simple comment. Let's be honest the economy is not that great and a lot of deserving jobs are not being given raises because of it. I am not judging pay rates just saying I honestly cannot vote in this poll. I am not, however, complaining about paying an additional 1.50pp, per day tip. If I get great service I tip and make sure they know their work is appreciated.

seriously????

Who the heck are you to judge who needs a pay increase??

OMG.....

How abut I come over to your facility and judge your work and then decide what your employer should pay you???? After all, you may not make much but you may not need an increase in my eyes...

I think I've had my fill of all this.

Whole thread is actually kind of funny in a way.

Archived