Fuel Surcharge

rydan

That language has been there for many months, as the price of fuel rose and fell. It is doubtful that you will see any increase in the price of your cruise, but if you booked through a travel agent, they would be the ones to watch the cruise price for you. If you booked through Celebrity, it would show on your booking.

How will I know if the cruise line will impose the $10 perday PP fuel surcharge for a specific cruise?

Right now the Light Sweet Texas Crude is over $65 a barrel.

rydan the cruise lines have not been imposing the fuel surcharges ;as they have raised their prices to compensate;).

There would only be a fuel surcharge if oil suddenly spiked significantly higher. Oil is a bit lower currently than what it has been averaging the past several months so there is virtually no chance of a fuel surcharge at current levels. If oil suddenly spikes to $120 or higher, chances of a fuel surcharge would become significant.

OP - the previous posts provided you with your answer sufficently, but I just wanted to thank you for coming back to the bedbug thread and letting us know what had happened. I was going to post there but it was closed, as you had asked. So thanks for returning and clarifying what had happened - very nice of you.

Tell your wife that a lot of us 'native' speakers mess up big time on getting info off the websites! Enjoy your cruises.

Den

OP - the previous posts provided you with your answer sufficently, but I just wanted to thank you for coming back to the bedbug thread and letting us know what had happened. I was going to post there but it was closed, as you had asked. So thanks for returning and clarifying what had happened - very nice of you.

Tell your wife that a lot of us 'native' speakers mess up big time on getting info off the websites! Enjoy your cruises.

Den

Thank you for the kind words, and your help.

How will I know if the cruise line will impose the $10 perday PP fuel surcharge for a specific cruise?

Right now the Light Sweet Texas Crude is over $65 a barrel.

I wouldn't worry about it. The Fuel Surcharge disclaimer is there as legal protection for the cruise line. We have never been on a cruise, and they are many, where the surcharge has been imposed. Doesn't mean it can't or won't happen but it hasn't happed to us yet. :) We sail again in a month and we can't wait!!

Archived