Cruise Lines and Teen's personalities

arenafan

ANY cruiseship will suit a teen...at least, in the mass-market line. Most teens will not find as much to do on a HAL, Princess or Celebrity cruise...or any of the "luxury" lines, as they will on Carnival, RCI, NCL or even , Disney!

The way I see it, the person who is PAYING for the cruise should have the last say....so pick accordingly!

Depends on the teen and what they like. Teens are all different with different personalities. I won't pay extra to go on RCCL because my teens don't like ice skating, ziplining, rock climbing, or surfing. It would be a waste for me to pay extra for a cruise with these type of items. I am paying extra to go on the EPIC because my kids do like 2nd City Comedy Club, Blue Man Group, Cirque Shows, bowling, a teen club that they can go to together (a first) and the larger basketball/soccer court.

Friends of ours have kids who would love going on RCCL because they like the extra's they offer. They are willing to pay a premium for things that will interest their kids. To each his own. You know what your kids like...base your decision on what is important to your family.

Out of the mass market major lines, do you have any idea on what type of teen would fit best for each major line?

With all due respect, this question makes no sense. Kids love to cruise, period, and cruise ships don't have individual personalities to match to teens or any kids.

If you're doing some kind of research for whatever, it's probably best to put all your questions into one thread, and put it on the Ask A Cruise Question board.

Our DD (now 16YO) loves to travel. Her idea of a great time is any place where she can meet and hang out with kids her own age.

She is somewhat studious and not too adventurous. She likes Celebrity Solstice ships, because she likes the Hot Glass Show, and she likes to attend the port discussions. (she's a bit of a geek). X counselors give the kids the opportunity to meet but don't really go out of their way to bring the teens in.

When she was younger she liked Princess because of the science stuff in their kids' program but we have not done Princess since she has become a teen.

She really likes the teen club on NCL. The counselors made a very concerted effort to bring the teens in and get them to mingle.

When she is with friends on a cruise, or meets lots of friends on a cruise, she will ice skate, rockclimb, et.al. But those activities by themselves are not what she is looking for. Her 12YO and 16YO cousins require the fancier RCCI ships- ziplines, flowriders, etc. -- the boat could be landlocked in a corn field in Nebraska and that would be the ship that they would HAVE to be on :D

One of her high school friends is into performing - her favorite cruises have been those with really great shows. For her a line that had a lot of shows that are more adult oriented would not be her thing.

Teens are all a bit different, so I can understand the OPs question. I'm thinking if we spend a little bit of time thinking about our kid (jock, nerd, social butterfly) and what they particularly like about the ship, we may be able to get to what the OP is looking for (if they have not baled by now)

I have a male near 14 year old teenager.

He is:

Very Mature for his age

Down-to-earth

Reasonable in expectations

Is moderately reserved but makes friends easily

Smart

There is many more but I am trying to paint a small glimpse of the picture.

Archived