Indy's 2012-13 winter season could be a coy PR move by RCL!

Andy72

Hey tellboy.... The comment about Sunshine in Southhampton refers to the ships not the weather ;););). If the UK isn't in the North Atlantic, please tell me where the North Atlantic starts? I can't go much farther north before I run into the Artic. Can we at least agree on one thing? Brits are very frugal.

She may come back with a glass roof over the solarium - you never know. It has been said many times that the new "Project Sunshine" ships are being bit with certain regions in mind.

After building 5 Voyager class ships I tend to think that if RCI intended to cover the solariums it would have been figured into the Freedom class original design. It is not a matter of just putting a cover over the area. Structural issues would need to be addressed.

Hey tellboy.... The comment about Sunshine in Southhampton refers to the ships not the weather ;););). If the UK isn't in the North Atlantic, please tell me where the North Atlantic starts? I can't go much farther north before I run into the Artic. Can we at least agree on one thing? Brits are very frugal.

UK is in the North Sea Irish Sea Celtic Sea, and no Brits are not frugal if they were I would be loaded :D

Really? Have you ever spent an evening in a London pub?:eek::D:D

Here is a quote from the press release from RCI about Indy coming to America.

"Independence of the Seas will depart on its trans-Atlantic voyage from Southampton, U.K. on November 22, 2012, and homeport at Port Everglades from December 2012 through March 2013. The ship will sail a three-night Bahamas cruise, before alternating eight-night Eastern Caribbean and six-night Western Caribbean itineraries. In the Eastern Caribbean, guests will enjoy calls at San Juan, Puerto Rico, St. Maarten, St. Kitts, and Labadee, Royal Caribbean's private beach destination on the northern coast of Haiti. In the Western Caribbean, Independence of the Seas will call at Falmouth, Jamaica; George Town, Grand Cayman; and Labadee. Additionally, a special six-night Western Caribbean itinerary, calling at Grand Cayman, and Cozumel and Costa Maya in Mexico, will sail on January 13, 2013. Independence of the Seas will then return to the U.K. in April 2013 to offer Mediterranean and Europe cruises throughout the summer."

They will make way more money having her here in south florida for the winter. That's why they bring a lot of ships back here during the winter time. A lot of people from the us want to cruise for the winter to get away from cold weather. And it makes zero sense having to fly to the uk to sail in freezing weather. I already booked the Indy for next dec. I couldn't be more happy shes back.

• 3 months later...

I've heard it and seen it written on this board time and time again... but the retrofit is rumor. The schedule shows Indy coming to US. Sailing and immediately returning to UK. No retrofit, drydock, anything that I see in the schedule.

It appears to be moving for the winter to make some cash and then going back.

Sailing in the North Arlantic in the Winter isn't any fun.

Port Canaveral, Port Everglades, Miami, the Canary, Azores and Cape Verde Islands, the Bahamas and a significant number of "Caribbean" islands are also in the North Atlantic :) Lots of fun sailing there in the winter.

Perhaps you meant "that far north in the North Atlantic", in which case I'd agree!

To answer one of your questions, the North Atlantic starts at the equator.

What ever they are doing they need to bring a ship back to the UK because there is a very loyal fan base here! I was gutted when I found out the they were taking Independence away for the winter :(

It's nice to know that if we ever get the urge to cruise we can do without the hassle of flying anywhere and dealing with luggage restrictions!

Waiting now for the 2013 sailings to be released in the UK. Have said we are not going to do a cruise it's always worth a look :D

CK x

What ever they are doing they need to bring a ship back to the UK because there is a very loyal fan base here! I was gutted when I found out the they were taking Independence away for the winter :(

It's nice to know that if we ever get the urge to cruise we can do without the hassle of flying anywhere and dealing with luggage restrictions!

Waiting now for the 2013 sailings to be released in the UK. Have said we are not going to do a cruise it's always worth a look :D

CK x

You don't think that Indy has its supporters over here too?

Archived