Carnival Criuse Question with more than 30 in my group

Dperkins125

Contact Carnival's Group Department or a Travel Agent.

Typically a group will get the equivalent of one free berth for every 8 cabins sold. It will be for the most popular berth category sold. This money is before the taxes & port fees, not the entire fare. This money is refunded after the cruise. Typically a TA will work this into the pricing because s/he knows they will be reimbursed the outlay.

Each cruise has a number of Amenity Points available to groups to use for 'gimmes'. There are a limited amount of points available for each cruise. The gimmes can be anything from onboard credit, bottles of wine, photo coupons, parties, etc. If needed extra points can be purchased.

We've discovered that there are more points available on 'off season' cruises. Once we got a a free berth for every 5 cabins.

Hello,

My classmates and I will be aboard the Carnival Triumph June 23-28, 2012 and wanted to know if the cruiseline gives any incentive for such a large group as far as shipboard credits, etc.

Any one have this kind of experience?

This is when a good travel agent takes care of this.

Hello,

My classmates and I will be aboard the Carnival Triumph June 23-28, 2012 and wanted to know if the cruiseline gives any incentive for such a large group as far as shipboard credits, etc.

Any one have this kind of experience?

Hey thanks everyone, I will take all of this advise! :D

Have a TA do it all for you.

You might be able to get a bottle of wine, maybe dinner in alternative restaurant, free berth, or some other 'goodie'....

A TA will do the work, manage all the deposits, final payments and YOU won't be the person being blamed if something doesn't go exactly right.

A "berth" = 1 bed....not the entire cabin! So, based on double occupancy, the cabin would be 1/2 priced.

Half-price on the cruise fare. The "free" spot still has to pay taxes and NCF's (that used to be called 'port charges'), airfare, transfers, and gratuities. Lots of groups opt to prepay gratuities to help with budgeting, but also to allow for 'round robin' seating if you opt for a fixed-seating time rather than open seating.

OP also be aware sometimes ES fare is lower with Carnival than the group fares.

Sometimes it would cost everyone to pay more to get the perks... so dont count on getting something free, but if you move everyone to a group booking (which might be hard unless they all booked with the same agent), the perks for that week might be zero.

the free berth is not nearly as much as you would expect by the time the embedded port fees of the one free berth are subtracted, and usually a inside cabin. I know groups that wound up getting less than $200.

Ask the TA and tell us what she found out.. if its a week that there arent already groups who took the perks allowed for that cruise.

Archived