Lower Rate with PVP Compared to Carnival Site?

av8tr21

Forgive me if this is a re-hash.....I was on the phone with my PVP earlier discussing a 5 night Wester Carib. on the Paradise in May and the quotes he gave me for an OV seem really low. As in I can't duplicate the rate on the Carnival site. I'm thinking it has to be a mistake and will call him tomorrow to set things straight.

Forgive me if this is a re-hash.....I was on the phone with my PVP earlier discussing a 5 night Wester Carib. on the Paradise in May and the quotes he gave me for an OV seem really low. As in I can't duplicate the rate on the Carnival site. I'm thinking it has to be a mistake and will call him tomorrow to set things straight.

did he quote you a past guest rate, and you can't find that rate no Carnival?

I always look on line to get and info on the cruise choices, but alway call my PVP...this is the fourth cruise we went thru him...I asked him that question about the prices on line compared to him...he said they almost always have better prices...infact our next cruise he saved us 100/person...that is a big savings!

I always look on line to get and info on the cruise choices, but alway call my PVP...this is the fourth cruise we went thru him...I asked him that question about the prices on line compared to him...he said they almost always have better prices...infact our next cruise he saved us 100/person...that is a big savings!

Ok, thanks. I was thinking they probably have access to better pricing but wasn't sure as I have only booked through myself and through a TA previously. BTW, my PVP is awesome. Very cool guy!

PVP's can definitely help you find a better rate than what you find on the website by yourself.

On the website, only 2-3 rates are listed. However, a PVP can qualify you for additional discounts that normally don't appear on the website (like resident, senior, past guest, interline, military, among others).

We ALWAYS book through our PVP. Doing so means saving a couple hundred dollars every time, plus I don't have to go through the qualification process since my PVP already has all of my preferences loaded in my profile. :)

If they can help you "get better rates" then wouldn't one assume that if you booked online you would get a price drop if you checked the fare viewer right away?

Or does the fare viewer not show all available rates?

If they can help you "get better rates" then wouldn't one assume that if you booked online you would get a price drop if you checked the fare viewer right away?

Or does the fare viewer not show all available rates?

Fare viewer doesn't show all rates, specially ones where you need to show proof of eligibility. For example, for me to get the interline rate, I need to submit a copy of my work ID (which my PVP has on file).

Also, if you book online, you'll need to call the 800-Carnival number and speak to a Reservation Agent (CVS) to make adjustments, not a PVP (they are not the same). A PVP is only supposed to assist with bookings that they've made themselves.

How do you get in touch with a PVP?

A couple of ways:

- You can call Carnival's PVP line at 1-800-819-3902 and request to be assigned to a PVP. Hours are M-Th 11am to 8pm, F 9am to 6pm.

- Register on the Carnival website. Usually, a PVP will call you for follow up within 24 hours.

- Check your email after you register on the Carnival website. Emails from them will have the name of your assigned PVP and their extension.

No, PVPs do not have better rates - sometimes all the rates don't show up online - Military, past guest, resident - and you are best to call if you don't see a rate you think you would be qualified for listed.

PVP's can definitely help you find a better rate than what you find on the website by yourself.

On the website, only 2-3 rates are listed. However, a PVP can qualify you for additional discounts that normally don't appear on the website (like resident, senior, past guest, interline, military, among others).

We ALWAYS book through our PVP. Doing so means saving a couple hundred dollars every time, plus I don't have to go through the qualification process since my PVP already has all of my preferences loaded in my profile. :)

I can find military listed on TA websites.. its not like you cant find these rates yourself.

senior and resident, you just check a box.

I can find these rates .. so I dont get why people think a PVP is finding them cheaper rates .. its rates people dont know how to look for by themselves.

interline I agree, I dont have access to, but I know how to find military.

sounds to me like people dont know how to find these rates more than PVPs can find rates no one else can.

dont get me wrong, I love my PVP. I just dont expect her to find rates I cant find. If that were true, I wouldnt be finding price drops faster than she can either.

I used past guest discount code and could still not get the almost $500 the PVP saved me on the Thanksgiving cruise i'm taking in a few weeks.

I used several different quote engines, including Carnival's site and for the 3 of us on the Triumph in a Lido balcony was only $2098. All the other quote were coming back over $2500 for a balcony on a lower level. So sometimes it does pay to call and check.

I have never got a better rate from my PVP but I definatly have more options. My current cruise the best rate was the resident rate however on line I could only book it as a GTY. Though my PVP I was able to choose my room for another $13/pp. That option was not avalible on line. On my last cruise we did a 4K and I was able to get a list of all avalible 4K's to choose from not just the 10 that show up on line.

Fare viewer doesn't show all rates, specially ones where you need to show proof of eligibility. For example, for me to get the interline rate, I need to submit a copy of my work ID (which my PVP has on file).

Also, if you book online, you'll need to call the 800-Carnival number and speak to a Reservation Agent (CVS) to make adjustments, not a PVP (they are not the same). A PVP is only supposed to assist with bookings that they've made themselves.

I recieved a price drop from a resident rate via fare viewer...?

I know these rates arent always available on every sailing so maybe thats why you think they dont show up.

I can find these rates .. so I dont get why people think a PVP is finding them cheaper rates.

Hey Fire, the point that I'm trying to make is that PVP's can help you find these special rates. To clarify that post, I know that PVP's don't get exclusive rates that can't be found somewhere else, but they are a good tool to find them.

You and a lot of people here are very savvy and know where and how to find special rates, but a lot of people don't. That's where taking to a PVP might be advantageous.

Hey Fire, the point that I'm trying to make is that PVP's can help you find these special rates (read the first sentence of my post you quoted). To clarify that post, I know that PVP's don't get exclusive rates that can't be found somewhere else, but they are a good tool to find them.

You and a lot of people here are very savvy and know where and how to find special rates, but a lot of people don't. That's where taking to a PVP might be advantageous.

VERY TRUE!! I Didnt know a thing when I booked my first cruise!

I recieved a price drop from a resident rate via fare viewer...?

I know these rates arent always available on every sailing so maybe thats why you think they dont show up.

Yes, you are right. Resident discounts do show up occasionally on the Carnival website, but there are other rates that require further eligibility qualification (like military and interline) that never show up on the Carnival website.

When I'm getting ready to book a cruise, I first visit a website that posts interline pricing, and then I cross check with my PVP. You may wonder why I don't just book directly through the interline website and save an extra step, and the answer is to save the $25 booking fee that Carnival doesn't charge! :)

Not only can a PVP give you the Military, PG and resident rates that do not always show up on line, they also have access to additional cabins as the online site will only show so many at a time. We just booked two days ago for Oct 2012 cruise and got a 7a cabin on the Legend with a triple sized balcony for the price of a regular 7a. There are only one of these 7a cabins and it was not showing up on the CCL site. I would not have known about it if I had not booked with my PVP. In addition, he is great about working out the best way for us to book. This time the Military rate was only a few $ more than the ES and gave us way more flexibiltiy. We were also able to extend the Friends and Family Military discount to a friend who also booked this same cruise. She has the same PVP and was able to snag the coveted triple size deck 7 balcony. (that was also not listed on the site) :D

Different strokes for different folks, there is no right or wrong way to book, just go with what ever you are most comfortable with. We ended up getting a really great PVP when booking our first cruise and he has become a very valuable asset to us when cruising.

I've always been able to find those rates online.....

I've always been able to find those rates online.....

online yes. On the Carnival website, not all of these special rates. If there's a way to view military or interline on the Carnival website, please share.

Archived