Diamonds in Dec. points question

39august

This means RCI will accept the consequences of masses going up the ranks, as long as long as masses of money come with them. We all win when the line is profitable.That is the reason for these programs. Empty ships in december are bad for business.

For those who have cruised during a previous D in D, is it double or triple points? Since CSR's at RCI seem uninformed, I think I can get a more accurate answer here. We stay in GS's so always get double points. So how many points am I going to actually earn on this 7 night cruise, 28?

39august, you did not say if you are already dia or dia+. if you are not yet either of those you will only get double points for the suite...... so more info was needed for a correct answer. :)

That gap between D+ and Pinnacle is ...................mighty suspicious:D

Steve............I love your posts, and you have been cruising with Royal Caribbean for some time.

So.........why do you make a statement like this?

Just last year, the top tier was D+.........with 24 cruises. Did not matter whether you had 3/4 night cruises, or 10 to 16 night cruises........cruising in a suite on a 3 night gave you 2 cruise points.........as did a 10 night cruise. A 12 night gave 3 points.......oh, wait......I'm talking a JS or above.

The cruise point system is still the same.......but if you were cruising in a balcony or less......it was 1 point......for up to 11 nights.......then 2 points for 12 nights or more.

It was fun becoming D+ with 24 cruise points, no matter how you aquired them.

At that time, we all knew that when we reached 100 cruise points, we would get a free cruise. Nothing more, and nothing less.

Then last January......Royal Caribbean decided to add something to those that had received a free cruise, and they decided to invent a new tier. It's called Pinnacle, and there are just about 150 members........those that have 100 cruises and are receiving a free cruise.

So, what I'm now hearing, is that the difference between those that have 24 cruises and those that have 100 cruises........now playing in days.....is too large.

Back when......no one cared. Now.....is it not fair.....to play the same game 24 cruises......I think they only want 150 days.....but it should be 168, and Pinnacle..........at 700 days.

The difference is that now there is a goal that was not there before.;)

Let's keep that in mind, when you think that it's too tough to reach the next level.

Rick

Steve............I love your posts, and you have been cruising with Royal Caribbean for some time.

So.........why do you make a statement like this?

Just last year, the top tier was D+.........with 24 cruises. Did not matter whether you had 3/4 night cruises, or 10 to 16 night cruises........cruising in a suite on a 3 night gave you 2 cruise points.........as did a 10 night cruise. A 12 night gave 3 points.......oh, wait......I'm talking a JS or above.

The cruise point system is still the same.......but if you were cruising in a balcony or less......it was 1 point......for up to 11 nights.......then 2 points for 12 nights or more.

It was fun becoming D+ with 24 cruise points, no matter how you aquired them.

At that time, we all knew that when we reached 100 cruise points, we would get a free cruise. Nothing more, and nothing less.

Then last January......Royal Caribbean decided to add something to those that had received a free cruise, and they decided to invent a new tier. It's called Pinnacle, and there are just about 150 members........those that have 100 cruises and are receiving a free cruise.

So, what I'm now hearing, is that the difference between those that have 24 cruises and those that have 100 cruises........now playing in days.....is too large.

Back when......no one cared. Now.....is it not fair.....to play the same game 24 cruises......I think they only want 150 days.....but it should be 168, and Pinnacle..........at 700 days.

The difference is that now there is a goal that was not there before.;)

Let's keep that in mind, when you think that it's too tough to reach the next level.

Rick

IMO they left that big gap between D+ and Pinnacle to possibly eventually spread the tiers out a bit more. It only makes sense that they are going to eventually have to adjust things again...and I think sooner than latter...and especially when they keep doing things like D in Dec that get people to move up the tiers more quickly....but that's just my opinion...no fact....no inside info or anything.....but I wouldn't be surprised to see any change coming.

It seems on most of the ships going into drydock, they are adding Diamond Lounges. I would not be surprised, once a few more get them, that D+ will be permanently booted from the Concierge Lounges (which is a shame on Oasis class ... meh on the rest).

Where's RevSmith when we need her:confused: Changes are a coming:p

She is boarding the Freedom this Sunday, (leaving me behind on the dock :( ) but I will be with her on 12/11! :D

She will get triple points ( O/S suite) I will get double points.

Then I have another little cruise on my favorite "lil' ship" at the end of the month.

20 points for the DH and myself each! :)

Was nice to jump up from P to E to D so quickly, but now a looonnnggg jump to catch up to you D+ cruisers! :eek:

Points, schmoints.

We have done the long holiday 12-14 nighter on the Explorer for 3 years running now but not this year with the junky 7 day holiday itins being offered.

So we switched to Celebrity's new Silhouette but opted for the pre-holiday cruise on Dec 12th rather then the official Dec 24th holiday trip. The 24th was too rich for our pocketbooks, almost 3 times the cost of the 12th but the ship will be decorated anyways and Celebrity doesn't run that many activities.

RCCL keeps us in the family but we don't get extra points which doesn't mean anything since at around 200 nights we ain't ever gonna hit Pinnacle. We did have a Pinnacle couple at our table for one week on our B2B on the Allure last May, nice people, and they get to go on all the inaugurals of the new ships.

She is boarding the Freedom this Sunday, (leaving me behind on the dock :( ) but I will be with her on 12/11! :D

She will get triple points ( O/S suite) I will get double points.

Then I have another little cruise on my favorite "lil' ship" at the end of the month.

20 points for the DH and myself each! :)

Was nice to jump up from P to E to D so quickly, but now a looonnnggg jump to catch up to you D+ cruisers! :eek:

If your talking with Rev, ask her if Puss in Boots will be playing on the Freedom please. We're on her for New Years Eve and would like to see it or whatever is playing in the 3D theater. Never sailed NYE so this will be new to us.

Congrats on getting to D. Just keep sailing and one morning you'll wake up D+.........We all hope to wake up for Pinnacle:eek: Will be on the Radiance in a week and then 4 more times in Dec.....so raking in major points weather we want them or not.

Enjoy your next Freedom cruise and of course "M",,,she is special.

If your talking with Rev, ask her if Puss in Boots will be playing on the Freedom please. We're on her for New Years Eve and would like to see it or whatever is playing in the 3D theater. Never sailed NYE so this will be new to us.

Congrats on getting to D. Just keep sailing and one morning you'll wake up D+.........We all hope to wake up for Pinnacle:eek: Will be on the Radiance in a week and then 4 more times in Dec.....so raking in major points weather we want them or not.

I am too late to edit, however I ment JOS not ROS.....I wish it was ROS down under.

Gosh I would love to see Puss and Boots for the second time on the ship! We went to the land based theater last weekend to see it in 3D. So cute! :D

We will be on the "lil' ship on the same day as you are on the 30th. Will be interesting to

see where they dock the Monarch while her much larger grandaughter is in port at the same time. :eek:

We will both be in Nassau the same time on the 31st also. See you on the docks! ;)

Yes, this is our first time on a cruise ship for the NYE celebration also. Taking along my DS

who has a cabin just above us. Since she has the suite, we will be happy to visit her for

sail away! :)

I am too late to edit, however I ment JOS not ROS.....I wish it was ROS down under.

Ahh..yes...you and me both! Sigh...someday hope to do the "down under thing". In the meantime....I am booked on the newly renovated ROS for one of her 2012 Alaska southbound sailings. Was lucky enough to snag my favorite cabin...corner aft #9256! :D

39august, you did not say if you are already dia or dia+. if you are not yet either of those you will only get double points for the suite...... so more info was needed for a correct answer. :)

Maybe you can answer my question. I have 76 points and will be doing a b2b (7-nighters) at the end of November/beginning of December. The December cruise starts on 12/2. I'll reach Diamond on the first cruise so will I get double cruise points for the 12/2 cruise? From reading this thread it appears I will but just wanted to confirm.

Thanks,

Maybe you can answer my question. I have 76 points and will be doing a b2b (7-nighters) at the end of November/beginning of December. The December cruise starts on 12/2. I'll reach Diamond on the first cruise so will I get double cruise points for the 12/2 cruise? From reading this thread it appears I will but just wanted to confirm.

Thanks,

Yes you will. Triple points if you're in a suite.

Gosh I would love to see Puss and Boots for the second time on the ship! We went to the land based theater last weekend to see it in 3D. So cute! :D

We will be on the "lil' ship on the same day as you are on the 30th. Will be interesting to

see where they dock the Monarch while her much larger grandaughter is in port at the same time. :eek:

We will both be in Nassau the same time on the 31st also. See you on the docks! ;)

Yes, this is our first time on a cruise ship for the NYE celebration also. Taking along my DS

who has a cabin just above us. Since she has the suite, we will be happy to visit her for

sail away! :)

In Nassau, Monarch gets one of the two close piers. Oasis and Allure get the farthest pier.

In Nassau, Monarch gets one of the two close piers. Oasis and Allure get the farthest pier.

Wow! Are you saying the Freedom, Monarch AND the Oasis and Allure will all be in Nassau at the same time? One big happy family reuinion! :eek: ;)

No...I was wondering about where the Monarch will be docked during embarkation in Port

Canaveral on the 30th, as the Freedom goes out that same day and they usually share

the same terminal on different sail days. I am guessing our "lil" ship will be out at one of

the old terminals closer to the end of the inlet. Should be able to figure it out pretty quick once we drive east bound over the big bridge! ;)

No...I was wondering about where the Monarch will be docked during embarkation in Port

Canaveral on the 30th, as the Freedom goes out that same day and they usually share

the same terminal on different sail days. I am guessing our "lil" ship will be out at one of

the old terminals closer to the end of the inlet. Should be able to figure it out pretty quick once we drive east bound over the big bridge! ;)

When that happened before(Jan 2010??),the MN was at the Carnival pier......they used shuttles to bring people back and forth......you park at Carnival but when you come back in,it is at the RCCL terminal.....therefore the need for the shuttles.......

Here's who will be in Nassau with you that day:eek::eek:

31-Dec-11 22110Majesty Of The Seas, Monarch Of The Seas, Carnival Fascination, Carnival Freedom, Carnival Imagination, Disney Dream, Freedom Of The Seas

When that happened before(Jan 2010??),the MN was at the Carnival pier......they used shuttles to bring people back and forth......you park at Carnival but when you come back in,it is at the RCCL terminal.....therefore the need for the shuttles.......

Ahh..yes, thanks Kathy. :)

That makes sense as the Monarch will be back into port 4 days before the Freedom returns. Though now that the 3rd "zoo/carnival boat" is operating out of that terminal, will be interesting this year.

With the double dipping that the parking garage has started doing, the 3 of us are just going to leave my Jeep all snuggly in the garage and just call a taxi now. Will be even more simple in this case as we won't have to use the parking lot shuttles. ;)

The DH and I are taking the taxi for our upcoming Freedom cruise before NYE also.

Score one for local taxi drivers! :D

Here's who will be in Nassau with you that day:eek::eek:

31-Dec-11 22110Majesty Of The Seas, Monarch Of The Seas, Carnival Fascination, Carnival Freedom, Carnival Imagination, Disney Dream, Freedom Of The Seas

Ahh...the two "lil 'ole ladies" and their upstart large grandchild!! ;) ;) :D :D

Archived