Price Drop - YAH!!!

RMM34667

I was just checking the price of my cruise as I have been doing twice a day for ther last 6 months. For the first time it changed and it had gone down $400 pp.. I called them up and they repriced it right away! Of course I'm 201 days till sailing.....

Excited again for the first time in months.. I hate this long drawn out waiting!! After this it's last minute all the way!!!!!!!

I also saw a price drop in an e-mail that I received, (not from Princess), but one that I watch everyday for changes. There was quite a long list on our cruise to HI., but when I checked the Princess web site, it was still the same as the last few days. Anyone have any idea why the drop is not showing up on the Princess page?

I'm with ya on the last minute thing. We're 162 days out and I'm already looking at which one to do after that. Thinking about a Disney 2 day to nowhere out of NYC but with such limited availability (there's only 3 all next year,) I might have to book soon...

Our upcoming sailing on the Grand is in April and we booked it in July! That is BY FAR the earliest we have ever booked! The waiting is killing me!! Haven't even been able to book shore excursions yet!! :eek: I figure I have another month before I can do that.

Many of our cruises had to be paid in full when we booked them. We sailed on the QM2 a few years back and we booked it on Tuesday and sailed on Saturday!!

If final payment is made and the cruise price drops, does Princess offer a credit or anything? I'm only familiar with Royal Caribbean and they no longer give credits, only an upgrade if it's available for a similiar or lower price from what was paid.

Thanks.

Thanks,just check my 26 day cruise in April and our mini suite has been reduced by almost $1000. I called my travel agent and asked him to call princess!!!!!!!!

WOW great drop there! I will keep on checking. I did sign up at a site that is supposed to email me price drops (google fish and cruise). But I still haven't seen an email from them. Beside it is just part of the obsession to check a few times a day. I was actually shocked that it changed. Now if only airfare would drop too.. I'd be dancing for the next 7 months!

Thanks,just check my 26 day cruise in April and our mini suite has been reduced by almost $1000. I called my travel agent and asked him to call princess!!!!!!!!

Where did you see the price reduced, on Princess.com or on your TA's site?

If final payment is made and the cruise price drops, does Princess offer a credit or anything? I'm only familiar with Royal Caribbean and they no longer give credits, only an upgrade if it's available for a similiar or lower price from what was paid.

Most of the time, reduced fares after the final payment date are "flash sales" for new bookings only.

Every now and then, someone posts they were able to get a reduced car or upgrade from this, but it is rare.

How do I monitor fares if I have booked with a TA who discounts? Obviously, I know what she has given us, but how to determine original cost and thereby ascertaining a drop?

Check the pricing on the Princess web site. Be sure to sign in so you can see the past passenger pricing.

If you see a lower price, then check with your TA to see if he/she can lower your pericing.

Archived