help with rooms for liberty of the seas

mefromfl

Hi,

I was book on deck 6 for room #6610 balcony. But I have heard the AFT is very good for balcony rooms.

I have a chose to choose #6712 deck 6 or 6412 , both are said to be obstructed view.

Anyone have expereince with this? Are the room larger and is the balcony much bigger? Is it a nice view in the back? and how is the privacy?

thanks in advance for your answers.

Hi,

I was book on deck 6 for room #6610 balcony. But I have heard the AFT is very good for balcony rooms.

I have a chose to choose #6712 deck 6 or 6412 , both are said to be obstructed view.

Anyone have expereince with this? Are the room larger and is the balcony much bigger? Is it a nice view in the back? and how is the privacy?

thanks in advance for your answers.

I would stay right where you are...while the balcony will be bigger on the aft deck 6 is probably the least desirable for an aft cabin on Freedom class. There is a large deck area in-front of that cabin that crew sometimes is on cleaning....you are a distance from the end of the ship....lots of metal work back there and both those aft cabins are directly next to the Presidential Family Suite(which also is one of the worst locations for a suite)...that cabin can hold lots of guest and you have potential for a lot of deck activity and noise from that suite deck.

This is a pix of the deck of the Presidential Family Suite deck and the surrounding deck area I am talking about...also a long walk back to those aft cabins.

600x400-LibertyoftheSeas-Staterooms-PenthouseFamilySuite3.jpg

The higher the deck, the less superstructure on the aft balconies to look past. In general, folks like to be sandwiched between passenger decks....and IMO, the higher, the better, if you plan on spending alot of time at the pool!

Bear in mind that the aft balconies don't get the cooling breeze that the sides will...so it can get uncomfortably hot in full sun!

This is Bill n Dot's opinion .We are in 7710. I would love to go higher but this is grert for starting out with a grty balcony rate. We love the walk down the hall. (Get exercise and meet the other room attendants). December day's at sea can be chilly at pool deck. No wind back aft and alot of sun, if it is out. More private then a side balcony. Lounge chairs instead of only 2 chairs and small table . Plus we get the 2 chairs and table. Did I mention the wake. A few pieces of white steel to not spoil the view and cant touch the sound.

Archived