New passport--NOW I'm excited

mountainmare

We're sailing on the Noordam Jan 13. We needed to renew our passports and couldn't complete online check-in right away like we usually do. Our brand new (empty) passports just came,it took only 2 1/2 weeks and now we're officially checked in!!!

We're driving down from Pa and making an adventure of it. I have a great ocean front room in Pompano Beach for the night before--paid with points and on the way home we're staying at the Jekyll Island Club for their special rate of $125 per night in a nice suite with a porch and fireplace. I don't know if I'm more excited about the road trip or cruise. I am excited to be on the Noordam, we have heard so many nice things about her (and we have an aft balcony).

I know this is now getting a bit over the top--just wanted to share that I'm checked in and excited.

Congrats on getting your passports so quickly.

We're getting excited too - sailing on the Zuiderdam on Jan 15 - but we're flying in from Cleveland to FLL. Nice to get out of the nasty winter weather for a while :D.

DH can't wait to use the spa and the thermal chairs. Me too.

We needed to renew in 2008 ( still blank ) and we were shocked that they came in 3 days. I am serious 3 days. Nothing in the government takes 3 days.

Jekyll Island Club is great! We stayed there for the first Shrimp and Grits Festival a few years ago and loved it. Beautiful setting and I got the best cookbook I have ever owned. A Taste of Georgia. Enjoy your road trip and cruise!

Chris

My first passport photo was really bad. We had a chance for a last minute ski trip to Zermatt and being young and dumb assumed that when you were supposed to go to the courthouse to get a passport--well you just had to go to the courthouse, give them a picture and they would give you a passport, sort of like a drivers license. When we were told it would take weeks I had a major meltdown--hence the meltdown picture that lasted for ten years. The other pictures are good--as in yipee I'm still able to travel and need a passport.

Our cruise looks pretty full at this time, only outsides and insides showing availability, the road trip is coming together fabulously. It will be wonderful to arrive at a cruise coming from a vacation that has already lasted a week.

Archived