Adonia Fly cruise Cancelled

daiB

We have tried Celebrity (Summit and Equinox) and liked it but have come back to P&O because we feel it offers us a better overall experience. I'd sum it up by saying we find it more fun with better entertainment and activities on the P&O ships and also they offer much better value for money onboard.

Celebrity put their money into food and service rather than into entertainment and activities, which tend to relatively low key. This is the Celebrity style. It suits me personally as I rarely if ever attend shows, prefering good conversation with a drink in my hand. I can appreciate however, that others may see it differently. Now sailing solo, the only thing that dissuades me from sailing with them more frequently is the high level of their single supplements.

Having no evening buffet would be an absolute no-no for us, as my husband simply can't sit throughout dinner for two hours each evening.

It would appear P&O have got it wrong this time!

The Conservatory is a buffet restaurant onboard.

Is it not open during the evenings?

Celebrity put their money into food and service rather than into entertainment and activities, which tend to relatively low key. This is the Celebrity style. It suits me personally as I rarely if ever attend shows, prefering good conversation with a drink in my hand. I can appreciate however, that others may see it differently. Now sailing solo, the only thing that dissuades me from sailing with them more frequently is the high level of their single supplements.

Just back off the Solstice, and I would say it's the opposite way round. The shows were excellent, but the food and service in the MDR wasn't a patch on what we got on the Arcadia this summer. Also quite a few times, what we received wasn't exactly what was described on the menu!!!

We were also on Adonia 29 October cruise. We had a fabulous cruise although the weather was horrific. The day we missed Monte Carlo was the best weather as the Captain sailed south to Corsica and found the sun. We very much enjoyed Adonia and the entertainment and ambience on board. as there is no theatre the acts are so much closer to the audience. The entertainment was very good and the food was excellent. We do not use the buffet except for Indian night so did not miss it at all.

We are back on Adonia for xmas & New Year ans so looking forward to it. Would love this ship to be based in the Caribbean in winter as Artemis was. The med in the late autumn/ winter is a bit iffy and really it is the different ports that we booked for for xmas not the weather.

Sue

We had travelled on Adonia as Swan Hellenics Minerva II and a fine ship she is, porviding our best cruise ever.

As said previously, P&O however have got the marketing completely wrong. I have no opinion of child presence or families as it does not apply to us - though with space limited, children may become much more prominent than on other ships.

We were onboard in early September and P&O's real mistake is the dining and bar usage. Set dining tables - with 1st and 2nd seating, with only 3 nights when the self service was open (on a 17 night cruise). The premium restaurants are cold, have very slow service, very limited menus and the food was nothing like as good as the MDR.

The bars (to quote a member of staff) have become quizz joints. There is nowhere to have a quiet drink and we found we were constantly migrating around the ship for somewhere decent to sit with our previously purchased drinks (that is before the quizz, karioke etc got going). There was a very good duo onboard, but as people just started to enjoy themselves and went onto the dancefloor the evening was curtailed with whatever the cruise staff think people should be doing and not what they actually wanted to do. We were not alone in our complaints.

The PA system was relayed through the entire bar and even in the daytime there were talks relaid through tose speakers - eg jeweller's talks when there were about 4 people present.

I can well understand why P&O are pulling cruises.

We had travelled on Adonia as Swan Hellenics Minerva II and a fine ship she is, porviding our best cruise ever.

As said previously, P&O however have got the marketing completely wrong. I have no opinion of child presence or families as it does not apply to us - though with space limited, children may become much more prominent than on other ships.

We were onboard in early September and P&O's real mistake is the dining and bar usage. Set dining tables - with 1st and 2nd seating, with only 3 nights when the self service was open (on a 17 night cruise). The premium restaurants are cold, have very slow service, very limited menus and the food was nothing like as good as the MDR.

The bars (to quote a member of staff) have become quizz joints. There is nowhere to have a quiet drink and we found we were constantly migrating around the ship for somewhere decent to sit with our previously purchased drinks (that is before the quizz, karioke etc got going). There was a very good duo onboard, but as people just started to enjoy themselves and went onto the dancefloor the evening was curtailed with whatever the cruise staff think people should be doing and not what they actually wanted to do. We were not alone in our complaints.

The PA system was relayed through the entire bar and even in the daytime there were talks relaid through tose speakers - eg jeweller's talks when there were about 4 people present.

I can well understand why P&O are pulling cruises.

They are of course only pulling the fly cruises and replacing them with ones from Southampton.

Gan Canny

Dai

Archived