Summit RT San Juan

LV2COOK

But as per the below, copied directly from Celebrity's website, there are exceptions. I do not know how this applies to this particular cruise, but I know on some Celebrity Caribbean cruises we have sailed the drinking age was 18 (this was a number of years ago - not sure of the current status). I remember this specifically because when my son finally turned 18 (after multiple cruises with Celebrity) he was annoyed that the cruise we chose was to Alaska, where the age is always 21:D (ps - annoyed, yes, but happy to be on any cruise:):))

In certain situations, Celebrity Cruises may permit a parent or guardian who is sailing with his or her 18 to 20 year old young adult son or daughter, (or other young adult under their legal supervision) to sign a waiver allowing the young adult to consume alcoholic beverages onboard. In such situations, the authorizing parent or guardian and the young adult must agree to be responsible for ensuring the young adult will consume alcohol responsibly and otherwise comply with the Guest Conduct Policy, including among other things, not providing alcoholic beverages to any other person, regardless of age.

But as per the below, copied directly from Celebrity's website, there are exceptions. I do not know how this applies to this particular cruise, but I know on some Celebrity Caribbean cruises we have sailed the drinking age was 18 (this was a number of years ago - not sure of the current status). I remember this specifically because when my son finally turned 18 (after multiple cruises with Celebrity) he was annoyed that the cruise we chose was to Alaska, where the age is always 21:D (ps - annoyed, yes, but happy to be on any cruise:):))

In certain situations, Celebrity Cruises may permit a parent or guardian who is sailing with his or her 18 to 20 year old young adult son or daughter, (or other young adult under their legal supervision) to sign a waiver allowing the young adult to consume alcoholic beverages onboard. In such situations, the authorizing parent or guardian and the young adult must agree to be responsible for ensuring the young adult will consume alcohol responsibly and otherwise comply with the Guest Conduct Policy, including among other things, not providing alcoholic beverages to any other person, regardless of age.

Maybe years ago but no more for Caribbean sailings. Per the policy as stated in the link that was posted a few messages back,

Guest Alcohol Policy

The minimum drinking age for all alcoholic beverages on all Celebrity Cruises ships is

twentyone

(21) years of age.

However, on ships in Europe, South America and Australia, where the legal drinking age is

lower than twentyone

(21), a parent who is sailing with his or her son(s) and/or daughter(s)

who is between the ages of eighteen (18) to twenty (20), may sign a waiver allowing the

eighteen (18) to twenty (20) year old to consume alcoholic beverages.

The eighteen (18) to twenty (20) yearold

must agree to comply with Celebrity Cruises’

policies, including among other things, agreeing to not provide alcoholic beverages to any

other person, regardless of age. Restrictions apply, and this policy is subject to change

without notice.

If a guest celebrates their 21st birthday during the cruise, the guest may thereafter ask the

Front Desk Manager to modify the ship's records to permit their consumption of alcohol

during the remainder of cruise. The guest will be required to appear at the Guest Relations

Desk with his/her parent or guardian and must present a government issued form of

identification to establish that the guest's 21st birthday was celebrated during the cruise.

An individual’s age on the date of sailing determines his or her status for the entire cruise

vacation.

Guests are not allowed to bring beer or hard liquor onboard for consumption or any other

use. Guests wishing to bring personal wine onboard with them at the beginning of the

cruise may do so, limited to two (2) bottles per stateroom, but when consumed in any

shipboard restaurant, bar, or dining venue, each bottle shall be subject to a corkage fee of

$25.00. Alcoholic beverages that are purchased in ports of calls or from the onboard shops

will be stored by the ship and delivered to guest's staterooms on the last day of the sailing.

Security may inspect containers (water bottles, soda bottles, mouthwash, luggage etc.) and

will dispose of containers holding alcohol. Celebrity Cruises’ Guest Conduct Policy may be

enforced, up to and including disembarkation, if a guest violates any alcohol policy. Guests

under the age of twentyone

(21) will not have alcohol returned to them.

Guests who violate any alcohol policies, (over consume, provide alcohol to people under

Archived