Cozumel with 2 kids; 7 & 4years old..?

JayaShi

Hi,

I've been reading a lot, looking for tips. unfortunatley I still dont know.

could you guys help me out?

what to do with our 2 girls, 7 and 4. They both know how to swim. maybe some shopping (travelling with 3 ladies..;)), snorkeling, nice beach??

its so dificult, as everyone has their own favorite stuff to do!

We're also visiting Grand Cayman, Roatan and Costa Maya, so I'm about to ask the same question at their boards. maybe any ideas/tips for these other places?

thanks in advance,

JayaShi

Nachi Cocom is a very nice, uncrowded, and relaxing all-inclusive beach club. Clean facilities, nice pool, soft, sandy beach, lots of shade, great food, good drinks and service, and all the free smoothies mom will allow the kids to enjoy.;)

I Grand Cayman you should try to take the kids and the rest of your group to Stingray City - we've used Moby Dick tours twice :cool:; great service, smaller, uncrowded boat, and kid sized snorkel gear and life vests.

Good luck! :)

If Nachi is too expensive or full, then Mr. Sanchos or Paradise Beach will have all the water toys and nice beach your kids will love. Both have much cheaper packages. Not much in the way of snorkeling at either, nor at Nachi.

Chankanaab Park is a better bet for snorkeling and doe shave various sea life options your kids may love. Decent beach and food.

All of these places have websites you can google and look at pictures and amenities.

If you're on a Carnival or Princess ship, and dock at Puerta Maya, your 3 ladies will have shopping up their eye balls. Some in the International pier too, but best to take a taxi to the Plaza downtown.

My boys were 3 and 6 when we went to Cozumel for the first time. We just took a cab to Paradise Beach and everyone loved it. They loved playing in the sand and on the water toys. I guess now they have a pool, but they didn't have that when we were there. The food was excellent! My only complaint--and this may have changed--was lack of private showers. They had changing facilities, but that doesn't do a lot of good if you can't wash the sand off your body.

My daughters are 7 and 10. We're doing the stingray tour with Native Way in GC and Nachi in Cozumel. I debated alot b/w Nachi and Mr Sanchos but it just seemed (to me) that Mr Sanchos was more party atmosphere and no limit to the amount of guests. Nachi limits the number of people so it's more low key. We've been to Nachi once before and it was great. I wanted a place where my kids could play in the water and I could see them easily from the chair ;) without having to be in the water with them at all times. They are looking forward to the swim up bar with the smoothies!

We're also visiting Grand Cayman, Roatan and Costa Maya, so I'm about to ask the same question at their boards. maybe any ideas/tips for these other places?

Pictures from a year back from our Western Caribbean trip

Cozumel - We had a bad weather day on our first visit to Cozumel. We took a cab and hopped around few beaches that are all in one direction. Paradise Beach, San Francisco, and Nachi Cocom. We decided to stop at Nachi Cocom as it looked very peaceful and secluded with a great pool and 100s of coconut trees providing shade. We have kids 9 & 11 and they had a blast. But, if you are looking for snorkeling it's definitely not the place. We will be in Cozumel in few days and this time we are headed to Chankanaab National park. Mainly for shore snorkeling experience.

Roatan - The most wonderful beach we visited is here. Took a cab to Infinity Bay on the West Bay beach. Has great food, one of the best pools we ever saw, incredible beach with coconut tries very close to water, cheap massages, lot of water activities and a great shore snorkeling.

Costa Maya - We took a cab to Majahual area and forgot the name but stopped at a beach area that had a very good restaurant. Not a great looking beach. Saw lot of sea grass but it was still lot of fun. You can take a snorkel boat tour to about 300-500 feet away and have a decent snorkeling as well.

KitsVA,

Thanks for sharing your experience on Cozumel. I have two similar age girls like JayaShi. I also wonder what to do with them and two seniors. We are going there in early December. Is water warm enough swiming in December? Could you share your experience when you come back from the cruise? Thanks.

KitsVA,

Thanks for sharing your experience on Cozumel. I have two similar age girls like JayaShi. I also wonder what to do with them and two seniors. We are going there in early December. Is water warm enough swiming in December? Could you share your experience when you come back from the cruise? Thanks.

I sure will share with lots of pictures:). Chankanaab looks like is a great option for kids. We are also debating the idea of All-Inclusive Resort Day Pass to Cozumel Palace as there seems to be shore snorkeling area out there and the resort looks beautiful and has great reviews on TripAdvisor.

My vote is for Chankanaab at Cozumel. We were just there in September with our 3 year old and by far, it was the best beach/snorkeling day ever. My 3 year old loved it and the fish were amazing. It's very beautiful there with iguanas walking around, a beautiful lagoon and you can even swim with the dolphin, manatees and sea lions if you'd like.

Here's my review on Chankanaab: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=30683350&postcount=59

There is a link at the end of the review to my pictures and videos that day as well.

Just to show you the experience my 3 year old had and she still talks about and will never forget...look at this picture...talk about starring each other down face to face. It's by far my favorite picture ever:

IMG5714-M.jpg

Archived