Anyone Else Having Trouble With O's Website?

bahrain_not_dubai!

Hi,

I am in Australia and I haven't been able to access the 'already booked' ever since we booked, just tried now and still no result.... very frustrating as you all said.

Paul, where do I find your email address?

In the past few days, I've been having great success, accessing the Oceania site using Google Chrome.

http://www.google.com/chrome?&brand=CHMB&utm_campaign=en&utm_source=en-ha-na-us-sk&utm_medium=ha

As the graphics on a site become more dynamic, and Oceania has made a huge leap forward in that department, older search engines like Explorer can freeze up and/or lose data.

Since I've been using Chrome I can always access the site and ((blush)) it has even started remembering me!

Some tips that can often help problems such as those mentioned in this thread.

1. Clear the web browser's cache. A step-by-step guide for this can be found on http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser's-Cache
  2. Clear the web browser's cookies. Step-by-step guide http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser's-Cookies
  3. Power down the computer. Some people leave their computers on for many days on end; this can cause temporary junk to accumulate. Rebooting (actually power down; not just clicking restart) can make it behave better.
  4. Uninstall third-party toolbars. Add-on toolbars (such as those from Google, Yahoo, Ask, Microsoft Live, AOL) are notorious for not playing nicely with your computer. At best, they slow down browsing. At worst, they make certain browser features completely inoperable.
  5. Run a complete scan of your computer with your security/antivirus program.
  6. If your security software doesn't also scan for spyware, get a program that does, and do a complete scan with it. A reputable one that is commonly recommended by computer geeks is Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.

Having more than one browser on the computer can be helpful with troubleshooting. If a particular website seems slow, or simply isn't behaving as one would expect, try visiting it in a different browser; the results might be much better. And try another computer in your house. And try another computer from someone else's house. Then you will know whether it is your particular browser, your computer, your home internet connection, or the website itself.

When website programmers make a website, one of the core principles is that it is compatable with all of the significant browsers currently in use (and preferrably not just the latest version, but a couple of prior versions also). Hopefully Oceania hires someone who is astute enough to follow this convention. As of October 2011, web browser usage is: Firefox 38.7%, Chrome 32.3%, Internet Explorer 21.7%, Safari 4.2%, Opera 2.4%.

Internet Explorer has been around for years, but it's only old if someone is using an older version. The latest version 9 has only been out since March 2011. Unfortunately, it is not supported on Windows XP, so those users are stuck using an "outdated" version of Internet Explorer.

In the past few days, I've been having great success, accessing the Oceania site using Google Chrome.

http://www.google.com/chrome?&brand=CHMB&utm_campaign=en&utm_source=en-ha-na-us-sk&utm_medium=ha

As the graphics on a site become more dynamic, and Oceania has made a huge leap forward in that department, older search engines like Explorer can freeze up and/or lose data.

Since I've been using Chrome I can always access the site and ((blush)) it has even started remembering me!

I would very much like to be remembered (by Oceania, that is).

Maybe it's Chrome time?

• 2 weeks later...
Hi -- Was in Bahrain now in Dubai :)

Are you using Batelco or going through a USA IP address?? I had issues yesterday when in Bahrain trying to get my already booked cruises. I am having same issue today here in Dubai. Could be the country firewall causing issues or maybe the foreign IP address that Oceania does not like.

Oceania web site has its issues but did not have any of the issues you stated while in the States.

Ciao from Dubai

Hello :) Hope you had a good time in Bahrain. It seems everyone is having problems with the website but it is possible that coming through a foreign IP address doesn't help.

Indeed, I am using Batelco!

Hope you have a good time in Dubai :)

Archived