Anyone Else Having Trouble With O's Website?

bahrain_not_dubai!

Hello!

I don't know if this issue is just limited to me, but I have had trouble (for a while now) browsing Oceania's website. When you click on something, and it loads, it doesn't appear until after you scroll down or up, once you want to get a quote it doesn't allow you to uncheck ''with airfare'', and once you want to ''explore ships'' it sometimes freezes up the entire computer. I've tried this on my Mac and PC with similar results. Quite strange as all other websites tend to work just fine.

Has anyone had any trouble with their website?

Best regards from Bahrain

Hello!

I don't know if this issue is just limited to me, but I have had trouble (for a while now) browsing Oceania's website. When you click on something, and it loads, it doesn't appear until after you scroll down or up, once you want to get a quote it doesn't allow you to uncheck ''with airfare'', and once you want to ''explore ships'' it sometimes freezes up the entire computer. I've tried this on my Mac and PC with similar results. Quite strange as all other websites tend to work just fine.

I have found it to be the most frustrating site I've ever visited - and I have sent correspondence to the webmaster and discussed this with an Oceania customer service rep. When I called Oceania to make restaurant reservations a couple of weeks ago, the customer service rep had trouble accessing the information needed as well.:( Maybe if enough of us complain directly to Oceania, the issue will be resolved.

Irene

I have found it to be the most frustrating site I've ever visited - and I have sent correspondence to the webmaster and discussed this with an Oceania customer service rep. When I called Oceania to make restaurant reservations a couple of weeks ago, the customer service rep had trouble accessing the information needed as well.:( Maybe if enough of us complain directly to Oceania, the issue will be resolved.

Irene[/quote]

I have been unable to make my restaurant reservs. Very frustrating:mad:

An odd thing happened about 2 weeks ago.I went on to Already Booked and it showed Pay My Cruise. I went on it and it showed the balance and had all the credit cards listed to pay.Went on the Already Booked a day later and it was gone.I know I always pay through my TA. So I found this strange.

I agree with all of the above. I've been trying to get an online quote before I call my TA but, as bahrain said, nothing comes up. I checked 1 adult and no airfare and it goes back to the default. I tried several times so I'm glad to know it's not just me!

Same problems here. I try to go through the booking process to see what PHs are available for our cruise and as soon as I click on "No Airfare" it goes back to the same page. It's been going on since last weekend for me. I gave up and made final payment on Tuesday for our booked B4.

I have found that if you are already booked on particular cruise, you are unable to check at the Oceania website the availability of other cabins for that cruise.

Suggest that you give Oceania a call at 1-800-531-5658 to see if any PH cabins are available.

Don

Hey Don,

Thanks for the reply. We booked 10 months ago and I have checked back numerous times using the same method and have always been able to access the site. There is definately something wrong with the site.

It NEVER remembers me, no matter how many times I register :mad:

I only wish that we had met so that I could remember you. You have provided invaluable help to me and others on this forum. (Just one example: I believe that both our hotels at either end of our June Baltic cruise were suggested by you.)

Hey Don,

Thanks for the reply. We booked 10 months ago and I have checked back numerous times using the same method and have always been able to access the site. There is definately something wrong with the site.

Nobody at Oceania will....er....put it this way, but when cabin inventory falls bellow a certain level, they start to "manage it" more closely, and those of us not employed by the line wont be able to see the specifics any longer.

As with many sites, rather than declining to give you the information, the site just won't perform as requested.

I know that it is wildly frustrating, particularly for those of us who were keeping track, but if you think about it, that information can be seen as somewhat proprietary.

BTW, the above information is specific to cabin availability, and does not concern the very real issues with the "manage my cruise" part of the site. I'm among those which it refuses to "remember" :mad:

I only wish that we had met so that I could remember you. You have provided invaluable help to me and others on this forum. (Just one example: I believe that both our hotels at either end of our June Baltic cruise were suggested by you.)

Pam,

You are most welcome - I am glad I could be of some help to you.

That is the best part of being on these boards - helping each other.

Hey Don,

I believe that there are websites where that information is available.

Cannot post the site here but if you want me to contact you, I'd happy to pass it on to you.

Although Oceania is my cruise line of choice, their website is my least favorite of all that I have sailed with (Oceania, Crystal, Regent, Celebrity, Princess). Some of these other websites actually make it very enjoyable to use for booking a cruise, shore excursions, restaurants, and extras. On Oceania, it can be more of a frustrating chore.

Hello!

Hi -- Was in Bahrain now in Dubai :)

Are you using Batelco or going through a USA IP address?? I had issues yesterday when in Bahrain trying to get my already booked cruises. I am having same issue today here in Dubai. Could be the country firewall causing issues or maybe the foreign IP address that Oceania does not like.

Oceania web site has its issues but did not have any of the issues you stated while in the States.

Ciao from Dubai

Now, after final payment with my TA 4 days ago, I cannot acess my booking. It says

"Could not load booking" Is this a normal occurance? Anyone else have this problem?

Already booked but can not access in the first time for two years for us on the Oceania site, so what is going on here? Just wanted to see if dinnng reservations could be added yet. We already spent 3 k on excursions last week online and that went well. What is going on? Oceania, you can use my experience as a bad experience on this website, if you want to go aganist the web people. I will call my travel agent soon unless this is resolved soon. Just thought you could go to the source of the problem first.

Good news!

After trying several times to get into my Oceania "already booked" today without success, the "already booked" site worked tonight with all my current reservations. Yeah!

I checked tonight and now the message reads "successful" instead of "could not load booking" but I am still unable to access my booking :confused:

The only link that seems active is "remove this booking" I sent Oceania an e-mail but never heard back. I'll have to call them I guess.

Archived