Found at the liquor store....

RMM34667

Thank you so much for posting about this!:)

I am more of a "Publix shopper" but made a special trip to Sweetbay just to pick them up. As soon as I walked in the door they were on display in the front of the store. It is actually a much smaller bag than what it looks like in the picture. I got the raspberry vodka. I am just a little nervous now because I seen that someone posted it tasted like plastic...hopefully it will taste good with all the sugar free red bull I packed:eek:

30 shots - individually packaged - in plastic...

shots.jpg

We got those in tampa before our last cruise. We got the Vodka and the Rum. They worked out great for mixing with soda or the lemonade. I just found them at a store here in Ky, so I will be picking them up before our next cruise.

• 1 month later...

I'm going to be using the same rum runners that we used in July. In July we left out of NY. In 2008 we took the Legend out of Tampa and I just bubble wrapped 2 very large bottles, 1 Malibu, 1 Absolut and had no trouble at either. We also packed a few of the premixed margaritas but they're heavy with the mixer in them. So we'll go with the runners again, and place them in various pieces of luggage as we have 4 people going, 2 who are only 13 years old! One thing that makes me worried is that we're traveling Easter week and I fear they may be on the look out a bit more. Oh well, worse thing that could happen is one breaks, but I triple bag and wrap and the next worse thing that could happen is we get caught. A friend of mine who works at a large airport said they don't really look for them on airlines and to just not pack them all together in 1 area of your suitcase. I'll just keep my fingers crossed!!!

DO they have any rules that you cant take on any mixers on the boat? Never thought about this but this would be another option for me to buy the rum from carnival and then just bring the mixers.

Thanks

Amanda

Each guest is allowed twelve nonalcoholic beverages up to 20 oz each. You must carry them on - they can't be in your checked luggage.

3 Rums - regular, dark and spiced & vodka. I really wish they had tequila.

So.. what are easy to carry good mixers for Rum?? I had already purchased Baja Bob's Magarita mix.. but now rethinking..

The mixers are a problem now since they limited your 12 bottles/cans to 20oz or smaller. I could not find liquid mixers in bottle that small. Bob's comes in 32 oz. I did find powdered mixers. I will find out how they taste:)?

Like I said in a previous post, I use rum runners. As for mixers, I bring 2 empty water bottles and the kids fill them with juice at the breakfast bar and then we keep them in our refridgerator. Guava and Malibu makes a great mixed drink and any juice goes with vodka so we're happy making our own and hanging out on the deck. We always do late dining so a few predinner cocktails and then wine with dinner. Saves a ton on cocktails. The kids have soda cards, or rather stickers now so if we want anything, they get it for us. We use our own plastic, covered cups to carry around the ship. Last cruise was only 5 nites and we didn't go thru what we brought but the trip before I traveled with my husband, his 2 grown daughters and 1 husband plus our little one. This trip is another girls only trip and I have a feeling, we'll pack the right amount,lol!

My friend is diabetic and takes everwhere with her the little bottles of Orange juice. Is she going to have a problem having them? She carries 2 or 3 with her at all times and Im sure she would be taking them into port and back if she doesnt use them.

At Sams Club today I saw something called Shark Attack 100 ml. tubes. They are foil tubes-like a Gogurt-filled with Margaritas. Each tube has blue agave reposado tequila, orange liqueur, pure cane sugar, and fresh lime juice. They are made to freeze to make popsicles, but I was thinking they might be fine if you just chill them on ice. Has anybody tried these?

In what state did you find these? I like frozen drinks.

Archived