I just don't get cruising with Stuffed Animals

Catrin

We do it to have fun.. and since this thread opened up the door. I just can't understand why people worry about what other people do!

angrybird.jpg

This picture totally cracked me up. Love the scowl on that birds face. He's just daring you to try and take his chair. :D

On a whim while vacationing in the mountains a few years ago I bought a little voodoo doll made entirely of string. He was fashioned to look like a pirate, with a little eye patch and a little sword made of wire. He is supposed to be a good luck charm to ensure safe journeys.

I was thinking a while back that he is going to come with us on the Spirit to Hawaii in January. Watch for upcoming photos of the Adventures of Pirate Guy. (Ok I'm not creative with the name thing but I did better with our kids I promise LOL)

It reminds me of "Flat Stanley" that I made my kids take to the ball park one year.

Can't we just leave the toys at home? :p

So it was OK for you to do it, but now that you don't like it, no one should do it? :rolleyes:

I prefer to use my BV bottles of liquor in my candid photos... :eek:

Someone likely will post it. In the meantime, print angry bird in the search button at the top right side of this page.

I'm using the Tapatalk app on my iPhone and I don't see a search function. I will search next time I'm on my laptop. Thanks for the assist tho.

I'm using the Tapatalk app on my iPhone and I don't see a search function. I will search next time I'm on my laptop. Thanks for the assist tho.

It's above the big button when you are on a forum page. Bottom center in the screenshot below.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1321020764.331192.jpg.15fe40ec7eeb927075629322997f1961.jpg

Sent from my ARM powered iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by drosphot

We're not pool chair hogs, and consider ourselves lucky if at least once during the cruise we actually find a couple of chairs to stretch out in and get some sun. I'm wondering if a lifesize realistic looking rubber python placed on our chairs would keep someone from stealing them while we're in the pool or getting a snack. Probably not, but it might get some interesting reactions!:D

I don't get it either, but sometime they have a story behind it. For example, my mother in law was flying and hit a flock of geese and had to return to the airport. The flight was rescheduled for next morning so she had to return home. Well, my sister in law got really scared and gave her picture of a cute dog for her protection.

My mother in law got on the flight the next morning along with picture of a cute dog. Ended up taking picture with it during her entire vacation. It was pretty funny and actually made sense.

This thread proves that people will complain about absolutely anything. :rolleyes:

I wasn't complaining just making a comment. I really don't think anyone was complaining or saying not to do it, some just don't "get it". There are threads are this board about a whole lot of crazy things.

Just because I think it's strange doesn't mean I would go up to the person and tell them to stop doing it. Big difference in saying you don't get it and saying don't do it. I really doubt that anybody worries about it either.

Does anyone have a link to the angry bird review? I missed it.

:) the Angry Birds review is in my signature next to the Liberty cruise...

Thank you to everyone who said they liked it! You have restored my faith in mankind! It was a ton of fun to do, and the bird was not a problem taking anywhere with us. I'm not a professional photographer at all, but I like to take pictures so posing the bird was good fun!!! Plus the bird is more photogenic then I am....

In any case.. we will be on the Liberty (Western) again next month and the Angry Bird will be staging his attacks on the evil Red Frogs and Blue Iguanas... I suggest those that do not get it avoid that thread! :)

While I do enjoy the towel animals the room stewards create, I personally wouldn't take a stuffed animal anywhere. My 11 year old granddaughter has a collection of Build-a-Bears and did take one to Hawaii, but even she left it in the room, she didn't carry it around with her.

I have to agree with the OP, I don't see why ADULTS would even want to take stuffed animals/toys anywhere.:confused:

I "get it" as for various reasons I brought a bunny on a few cruises.

He first showed up because it was the first vacation I took by myself after my divorce and without my kids. Bunny has two hearts inside him, one for each son. After that, Bunny became the target of numerous plots by my cruise buddies. I even left him behind at Paradise Beach with Tom so he could greet the group when they arrived a few weeks later. Especially on those solo cruises, it was nice to have something to take a picture of, other than scenery and shots of strangers on the ship.

Bunny and me on formal night

2073279500080736900S425x425Q85.jpg

Edited by Timmys_mom
  • Like 1

We do it to have fun.. and since this thread opened up the door. I just can't understand why people worry about what other people do!

angrybird.jpg

I like this one too, I wonder if they make "angry birds" that you can make talk, record a message on and then when someone squeezes it it says, "Get the heck away from my chair!"

Wait where is my patten or copy right forms?

Edited by waldocruiser1

I think it's sort of like the Travelling Gnome thing. You take a mascot of some sort and take a picture of whatever places you go to. It's just a fun way to remember your vacation. And you could possibly think of the stuffed animal or what have you as standing in your place since it's awfully hard to take a photo of yourself visiting such and such location.

Is it silly? Sure, but it's no fun being serious all the time. :) Just my two cents.

I have a small traveling gnome that I am going to bring on our next cruise and take pictures of the gnome having a great time. It's just funny.

I've seen a lot of threads where people who do things that bother them but because some people bring stuffed animals on a cruise we have to start a thread to complain about it?

Sorry, I just don't get it. Why would it bother you? It's not affecting you and if people want to have fun and this makes then happy then so what. Ignore them. Don't look at them or their stuffed animal. It's their vacation too.

I like this one too, I wonder if they make "angry birds" that you can make talk, record a message on and then when someone squeezes it it says, "Get the heck away from my chair!"

Wait where is my patten or copy right forms?

I don't know if they still have them, but years ago when my DS was a baby (he's 24 now) the big toy that Christmas were these little stuffed animals with a recorder in them that you could squeeze, leave a little message, then squeeze again and play it back.

The adults had more fun with that stupid thing than the kids ever did *LOL*