I just don't get cruising with Stuffed Animals

Catrin

I have a stuffed animal (cat) that has been on 4 cruises. Since the cat died in real life, I have begun taking a stuffed rabbit. She has been on 2 cruises. The room steward always includes them with the towel animal. Glad to know other people do this.

I just recently read the start of a review and the couple was shown with a mascot of sorts... stuffed animal in the pictures.

and... saw another review with an Angry Bird all over the ship.

then I saw one with a pirate stuffed doll of some sort.

Can I just say..... I don't get it! :) Some of it is cute, while most is a bit ridiculous.

It reminds me of "Flat Stanley" that I made my kids take to the ball park one year.

Can't we just leave the toys at home? :p

Catrin

If it ain't a problem with them, then is shouldn't be a problem for you !

Just sayin.....

Ha Toni, you know me well! Toga Dog can't be left off of a stuffed animal thread, he is the stuff legends are made of!

Darn, I forgot his name. Being a Spirit Dawg, I will NEVER make that mistake again!:D

Can't wait to show Toga Dog to my hubby!

Took a friend who couldn't make the cruise. Printed her picture up and put it on a church fan. She stared out the back window on the drive down. She was snapped giving us the finger late one night in bed. Also snapped sunbathing, and oh the horror, she was caught buying from the farmacia. She was left behind... inside the corner box light, looking out and smiling. Wonder what happened to her:confused:

Maybe it's someone's Grandma who never got to go on a cruise? http://www.huggableurns.com/

We were sort of going to do something like the travelling gnome thing with my Grandma's cane. She fell over the summer and the doctor said she wasn't allowed to use it anymore but she refused to give it up so we kidnapped it. I jokingly suggested that whenever someone in the family goes on vacation they should take the cane and take a pic with it wherever they go. But then we realized that the cane was quite long and a PITA to get into smaller luggage.

Fun is fun! To some it's getting tipsy, to some it's belly flops, some bake in the sun. To each his own. I never gave thought to doing my pictures this way, but.....next cruise they will have something. I'm stuck in time with my Furby collection (oh, I forgot, that's for kids), now which furby gets the honor of going with me?

You are taking this way too seriously.

Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional.

I have taken a small Koala Bear, Aussie on a few cruises and really enjoy the photos of his travels, which picture him at the Trevi Fountain in Rome, in Florence Italy with the Doumo and Tower in the background, with a Gondolier in Venice, and an old sailor in Croatia who had spent 40 years in Australia. This sweet old guy runs a restaurant there and saw me with Aussie and got so excited. He asked me to wait while he ran inside and came back with a tiny little clip on Koala Bear which he presented to Aussie. So now Aussie has a pet to carry as well.

I write a journal of our travels with him from his point of view. He travels with his own little suitcase which is not much larger than a fanny pack and has a tuxedo, gondolier jacket, soccer clothes, golf clothes with bag and clubs, custom tees and white terry (carnival style) robe. He has hats, sunvisor, sunglasses and a small backpack and enjoys the mini golf on the ship and laying out in the sun. He loves the towel animals and I ask the steward to leave all of them in the cabin so Aussie has someone to hang out with when we are out. By then end of the cruise he has a whole group of new friends in the cabin.

At home, he has been to Bellingrath Gardens, McDonalds Playland, Battleship USS Alabama, Bay Bears stadium and numerous other places. I have never met anyone who didn’t like him and if someone doesn’t “get” him, well it’s their loss. The old Carnival commercial featured Cindy Lauper's song “girls just wanna have fun,” and this old girl is going to have fun as long as I can.

I once saw a group of 4 or 5 ladies bring a full size inflatable male doll on board and they brought him to meals and danced with him, took him to ports and even dressed him for each event. They had a blast. That was one of the funniest things I ever saw and I just wished I had thought of it first.

I have't read all 7 pages since I posted on the first page... my Mickey Mouse has outfits for the occassion... so if it is formal night, he wears his tux into the dining room. All this is for fun and we do try to leave him in the cabin after awhile, but then everyone asks where he is...so obviously most people like the idea. My albums are full of all the places the Mouse has been... he is the best traveled Mouse (other than the real Mickey Mouse)... it is all for fun and that is what vacations are about.

• Like 1

Does anyone remember Elfred E Newman? Me and my sisters took the head off of one of the our little sisters dolls (it was the size of an adult fist) a placed it on the hood ornament of our 71 Chrysler Newyorker!! hahahaha-- it was the funniest thing.

After about 6 months--- the poor guy looked like a total wreck. Lost lots of his hair- face all dirty ! hahahahah-- we had great memories with that thing.

Wish I had pictures.

here is a clean version :Dhttp://www.bing.com/images/search?q=alfred+e+newman&id=E6BC7968F124939EBE51DD5138E1B364B407CB5E&FORM=IGRE1

This thread proves that people will complain about absolutely anything. :rolleyes:

That or ridicule about nothing:p. The pictures of the Bird makes me want to go get one. We carried our Monkeyhead coconuts around one cruise and took a lot of pics but I guess I lost them:mad:

Both of my adult aged DS's have cognitive disabilities, and one takes his Build A Bear Workshop Frosty the Snowman on every vacation. Frosty has been to Las Vegas, the Grand Canyon, the 1000 Islands, Myrtle Beach, Disney World, New Orleans, Nashville, and all places inbetween. Last year Frosty did go with us on our cruise, but we only took pictures of him in our cabin. We are inspired by the Angry Birds review, so Frosty will be modeling on various parts of the ship in just 2 short weeks!:D Not sure if Frosty will make it into the ports, because it would be a disaster if he were to get lost or left behind.

We have a rabbit named Felix. He is a German story book character that lost his owner in an airport and travels the world sending postcards home. Our neighbor, a first grade teacher, uses Felix as part of her geography lessons. She asked us to take him on one of our cruises and bring back pictures for her students. We had such positive feedback from people and he helped start great conversations. We will never travel without him again. And the kids loved the pictures too.

This is a great thread and it is good to know I am in good company.... currently Mickey Mouse is with us at a cabin in Tofino (Vancouver Island)... he is enjoying the rain and the storm watching...what better life for a stuffed animal than traveling the world LOL

I just recently read the start of a review and the couple was shown with a mascot of sorts... stuffed animal in the pictures.

and... saw another review with an Angry Bird all over the ship.

then I saw one with a pirate stuffed doll of some sort.

Can I just say..... I don't get it! :) Some of it is cute, while most is a bit ridiculous.

It reminds me of "Flat Stanley" that I made my kids take to the ball park one year.

Can't we just leave the toys at home? :p

Catrin

I like the reviews that include stuffed animals in the photos. I think it is a really cute idea and makes for a fun review to read. For example, the Angry Birds review was one of the most entertaining reviews I have read on here! I am crusing next month with my kids and my daughter has a monkey that she has carried around with her since she was 2. I was thinking about doing Monkey's cruise in pictures. It's vacation...why not let loose and be silly for a few days?! I plan on leaving serious at home where it belongs...bring on the Monkey cruise!

We are ALWAYS accompanied by some sort of stuffed mascot. Last time we cruised we took along "Mort" from the Penguins of Madagascar,, and every evening when we returned to our cabin the steward had posed him with our towel animal of the day!

This year Skipper and Rico (also Penguins of Madagascar) will be coming with us! In fact one of the first things the DH said after we booked was "Well, whose turn is it?" I knew just what he meant! :D