Price Watchers Take Notice!

When watching for price drops, do not just rely on RCCL’s site for pricing. I have noticed they are not always up to date and might not ever be.

For example: (Plug in seniors, Military and Fl res)

Jewel Dec 10 2011 D2 cabin showing 484.00 PP

Other site that always has the same price structure as RCCL…. same sailing…… D2 429.00 PP (not a group price as sites are not allowed to post those rates)

I called RCCL last night and asked what the lowest price is on the D2’s and sure enough it is 429.00 for FL resident.

Since it is after full payment I knew couldn’t get a price drop. I however jumped from an E2 to the D2. If I wasn’t watching on another site I would have missed the opportunity to upgrade.

This is not the first time I have seen this but never called as it was not on my sailing.

As of this posting it still is different pricing.

Wondering if this is a human error, intentional or software……we all know how good their site is.

Royal has been offering price drops over weekends also. I recently saw a great price drop on an inside guarantee on a Friday. We'd love to be a balcony snobs, but we'd rather cruise than not. ;)

I figured I'd get what I paid for...an inside cabin for a great price. So I took the plunge. By Monday the price was up by $150 and by Tuesday or Wednesday the guarantee offers had dried up. By then we had been assigned a cabin. We are thrilled with the assignment. It is a promenade cabin, which we've always wanted to try!

We were not at all anticipating we'd be assigned a balcony since this is a New Year's Eve cruise, so to be assigned the highest inside category we feel is terrific!

Didn't know two weeks ago we'd be having a countdown going on for a cruise! Whoo hoo!

I have also encountered a price posted on the website that was only applicable to some form of discount...resident/senior/military for a particular cabin type. This was without me plugging in any special info.

So..if you clicked on that cruise because it was enticing , the price was way above what was posted on the "all departure dates" page.

Its like a scavenger hunt sometimes to get the true and correct pricing. I wish we could depend on the site to give us good info without digging thru several pages.

Deb

When I start price checking for any cruise, I always input the residency and senior information, and when I get to the page that displays the prices, I save that page as a cookie.

I have a Favorites folder that includes all my price checking cruises (I do this for friends and family, too). I rename the link to show the cabin category and price at booking. When I click on the link, all the search criteria is included, so the price displayed is the latest price on RCCL's web site INCLUDING residency and senior options.

I can give more specifics, but don't want to load up the thread with all of it unless someone wants to know how to save and rename the links.

The reason you are seeing prices on one site and not on another is because of all the special rate codes for residents of particular states, military, special sales, etc. Right now for the Monarch's Nov 25 sailing there are 19 different rate codes which can change on a daily basis.

With all these rate codes that you may or may not qualify for it is impossible to get the best rate without asking 50 questions before hand which the majority of people would be reluctant to answer anyhow.

Some of the websites out there will try and match you to some of the popular rate codes by asking your state and if you are military/police/fire, but even then it is hit or miss.

By saving a cookie link to RCCL's cruise search page you get all the info preserved, and only get the current priced based on the date you inputted originally. I have done this for years, and I track cruise prices sometimes for 18 months in advance.

could we get a hint on what the other website is?

If I could think of something clever I would, but we're not just talking about a cruise only here on this board so I can't.

Is that other website the sponsor of these boards?

yes I believe it is but not sure, I will check

The reason you are seeing prices on one site and not on another is because of all the special rate codes for residents of particular states, military, special sales, etc. Right now for the Monarch's Nov 25 sailing there are 19 different rate codes which can change on a daily basis.

With all these rate codes that you may or may not qualify for it is impossible to get the best rate without asking 50 questions before hand which the majority of people would be reluctant to answer anyhow.

Some of the websites out there will try and match you to some of the popular rate codes by asking your state and if you are military/police/fire, but even then it is hit or miss.

I always plug in my mil, senior, and Fl res. so it should always show after that the lowest price IMO,,,,but my opinion is not always the right one. If not that is really not a fair playing field.

When I start price checking for any cruise, I always input the residency and senior information, and when I get to the page that displays the prices, I save that page as a cookie.

I have a Favorites folder that includes all my price checking cruises (I do this for friends and family, too). I rename the link to show the cabin category and price at booking. When I click on the link, all the search criteria is included, so the price displayed is the latest price on RCCL's web site INCLUDING residency and senior options.

I can give more specifics, but don't want to load up the thread with all of it unless someone wants to know how to save and rename the links.

I do pretty much the same :D:) but I put it right on the favorites bar so I can always see the links without opening the favorites tab.

Archived