Educated Quess Please

grammyandpoppy

We've just booked the 4/6 Equinox which shows a large number of unbooked cabins. We have always picked out cabin and our Elite on Celebrity. Now my dilemma. This time I decided to go with a balcony guarantee. The price was higher than a 2C and 2B but lower than the 2A. Now I am asking for an educated guess regarding assignment. When do you think we will get our assignment and where do you think we will wind up given that approximately only 50% of the cabins are booked less than 5 months out. Thanks for any and all input. I may chicken out on this and just book a lower balcony cabin but I am tempted to see what lady lucks does in this case.

We've just booked the 4/6 Equinox which shows a large number of unbooked cabins. We have always picked out cabin and our Elite on Celebrity. Now my dilemma. This time I decided to go with a balcony guarantee. The price was higher than a 2C and 2B but lower than the 2A. Now I am asking for an educated guess regarding assignment. When do you think we will get our assignment and where do you think we will wind up given that approximately only 50% of the cabins are booked less than 5 months out. Thanks for any and all input. I may chicken out on this and just book a lower balcony cabin but I am tempted to see what lady lucks does in this case.

Probably very good chance you'll get an obstructed view cabin...

Confusing! You booked a guaranteed balcony when there were less expensive balconies available...huh? It is most likely that you will be assigned a 2D or 2C cabin...sure, if the assignment fairy is looking over you, you could get a C1, but guaranteed veranda means you most likely will get a 2D. Celebrity claims that being elite doesn't matter when they are assigning cabins...and having booked some guaranteed cabins, I believe them...we're elite and have never been assigned a great cabin....we always wind up changing the cabin assigned to another in the same class...which is allowed at no charge.

Now if you can get Guaranteed concierge which is sometimes available, then you will get at least a C3....but you have to assume that you will get the worst cabin that meets the guarantee if you book any guaranteed cabin.

We were just assigned our guaranteed concierge cabin on the 4/12 TA, so you might get a cabin assigned reasonably quickly. If you don't like the class cabin assigned, just cancel the reservation...or if the class of cabin is OK and you would prefer a different cabin that's available, just call your TA and ask them to change it.

Imo ,it is a real crap shoot ;as to what type of cabin you will ultimately wind up with.with soooo many balcony cabins unbooked :rolleyes:.I would cancel & perhaps book in the future ,at a lower cost ;). Celebrity is known for price reductions ,when cabins go unsold for long periods of time :D.

Best of luck & enjpy your cruise:)

I'm not up for a crap shot and appreciate posters honesty. I am now looking at the 3/16 sailing which is offering good military rates (hubby retired AF). I think I would be happier with an assigned 1C rather than a balcony guarantee. I just can't figure out the pricing structure any more with a 1C priced just $100 under a guarantee and a C2 just under $200. Any more thoughts??????

Archived