Live from the MS Nieuw Amsterdam with thekuhnfamily...!

ASIWISH

Wait....all of those fabulous crew members that you've been bragging about......most of them are leaving??? Where will the replacements come from? We board a week from Sunday.....poop.....was hoping we'd have a seasoned NA crew...... (yes, I know...ME, ME, ME :o )

Don't worry, Amy... it's still about you!!! I said, I think, MANY of the crew are leaving... MOST are staying!!!

Sorry for the confusion!!!

Spending my last two-minutes of my internet package writing to all of you, my Friends!

I hope they don't kick me off the internet before I get the chance to sa..............................

......y I'm sorry to see it end?

I know that's what I always say at the end of a cruise.

Thanks for taking us along for the ride! :) Safe travels home.

Ahhhhh.....Ok, so it's still about me.....:D

What I am sad to lose....is your incredibly entertaining "live from" feed! Intimidates the rest of us who might have thought of following suit....

Laffnvegas (oosterdam) ....Kuhnfamily .....you're all just TOO fabulous..... and I'm so very thankful!!! I thank you deeply for taking us on your journey!!

Excuse me, I need to continue my prayers that you have enough funds remaining to grab a cab to the airport (Oh, Nancy!!)....... ;)

What am I talking about....Kevin has sworn to stay aboard.........("As God as my witness.....")

It sounded like Fr. Gotham from Boston, Mass... but, it was difficult to understand him... Funny priest... 33 minute mass..!

I am easy to understand. Being born and raised in Chicago, I have no accent. I am sure you guys would agree with me.

Ahhhhh.....Ok, so it's still about me.....:D

What I am sad to lose....is your incredibly entertaining "live from" feed! Intimidates the rest of us who might have thought of following suit....

Laffnvegas (oosterdam) ....Kuhnfamily .....you're all just TOO fabulous..... and I'm so very thankful!!! I thank you deeply for taking us on your journey!!

Excuse me, I need to continue my prayers that you have enough funds remaining to grab a cab to the airport (Oh, Nancy!!)....... ;)

What am I talking about....Kevin has sworn to stay aboard.........("As God as my witness.....")

Nancy made me leave...

Just watched the Niew Amsterdam sailaway from Chicago, though!!!!

I miss 'er...

I have really enjoyed your posts. We will be on the Nieuw Amsterdam for December 18th sailing. We were bumped out of our family retreat cabana and given a regular size retreat cabana, as we were so nice not to make a fuss. They said they overbooked us. My question is how small does the regular size cabana feel to you? Can it hold 2 adults and 2 older teens? Is there a best location to request? I know you had the family retreat and that sounded wonderful.

Another quick question. You said you were already in Chicago. How was disembarkation? I know it depends a lot on the immigration and when the ship arrives, but what time did you disembark to make your flight?

Glad you had such a wonderful time.

Andrea

I have really enjoyed your posts. We will be on the Nieuw Amsterdam for December 18th sailing. We were bumped out of our family retreat cabana and given a regular size retreat cabana, as we were so nice not to make a fuss. They said they overbooked us. My question is how small does the regular size cabana feel to you? Can it hold 2 adults and 2 older teens? Is there a best location to request? I know you had the family retreat and that sounded wonderful.

Another quick question. You said you were already in Chicago. How was disembarkation? I know it depends a lot on the immigration and when the ship arrives, but what time did you disembark to make your flight?

Glad you had such a wonderful time.

Andrea

Andrea:

We have rented the small cabanas twice, and for two adults they are wonderful. We had two teens with us on one cruise, and they were hardly every with us during the day. Basically, it is two loungers and a small dining table with two chairs... so the 3rd and 4th guests would need to fit in dining chairs. Now, just outside the cabana are numerous loungers, so if you're looking for sun you should be great! The whole Retreat experience is really wonderful.

As for disembarking this morning: We we let off at 8:30 - and left our room at precisely 8:30. We were off the ship at 8:34 - only one person in front of us. Got a luggage with not problem. Went through the customs "maze" without stopping (no line) and were first in line for an agent. He smiled and said halve a nice day, and we walked out and got a cab, again with no line. Arrived at the airport, did self serve check-in with American - no line. Walked through security, with 10 people in front of us... and arrived at the gate at exactly 9:08, Neither nancy or I could believe it. Caught our 12:30 to Chicago and got hoe literally for the Bears kick-off at 3:15 CST. Amazing...

Have fun, and enjoy the Retreat! It's still very, very worth it!

Talked to Ships Services and booked a Retreat cabana this week. (We are getting off when you get on. We will try to leave some food and drink for you. :D) You don't get to pick your cabana, they are assigned by the ship.

Kuhn family, thanks for your quick response. Our flight after the cruise leaves at 11:15 am so we will be a little stressed to make it. CruiserBruce, please leave us some food! We are very excited for our cruise and especially for the retreat cabana. Last cruise my kids disappeared and we were by ourselves most of the day. They prefer to be by the lido pool where the action is so we are not that upset about the smaller cabana. We have a balcony so we will see where we all end up. I will report back after our cruise!

Andrea

Kuhn family, thanks for your quick response. Our flight after the cruise leaves at 11:15 am so we will be a little stressed to make it. CruiserBruce, please leave us some food! We are very excited for our cruise and especially for the retreat cabana. Last cruise my kids disappeared and we were by ourselves most of the day. They prefer to be by the lido pool where the action is so we are not that upset about the smaller cabana. We have a balcony so we will see where we all end up. I will report back after our cruise!

Andrea

Andrea,

I should say that the first group allowed off the ship was allowed off at exactly 7:30... that leaves almost four hours to catch your flight... don't stress... unless the ship is late...

Don't worry until you have to... we spent 3-hours at the airport today... I should have slept later!

Have a great night!

Andrea,

I should say that the first group allowed off the ship was allowed off at exactly 7:30... that leaves almost four hours to catch your flight... don't stress... unless the ship is late...

Don't worry until you have to... we spent 3-hours at the airport today... I should have slept later!

Have a great night!

Thanks for that info. We have a 12:10 flight back to ORD from FLL after our cruise. If all goes well, we should have plenty of time.

Andrea:

We have rented the small cabanas twice, and for two adults they are wonderful. We had two teens with us on one cruise, and they were hardly every with us during the day. Basically, it is two loungers and a small dining table with two chairs... so the 3rd and 4th guests would need to fit in dining chairs. Now, just outside the cabana are numerous loungers, so if you're looking for sun you should be great! The whole Retreat experience is really wonderful.

As for disembarking this morning: We we let off at 8:30 - and left our room at precisely 8:30. We were off the ship at 8:34 - only one person in front of us. Got a luggage with not problem. Went through the customs "maze" without stopping (no line) and were first in line for an agent. He smiled and said halve a nice day, and we walked out and got a cab, again with no line. Arrived at the airport, did self serve check-in with American - no line. Walked through security, with 10 people in front of us... and arrived at the gate at exactly 9:08, Neither nancy or I could believe it. Caught our 12:30 to Chicago and got hoe literally for the Bears kick-off at 3:15 CST. Amazing...

Have fun, and enjoy the Retreat! It's still very, very worth it!

You brought da Bears good luck!

I greatly enjoyed this live from. Thanks for all the great information! Even though we're not sailing the Nieuw Amsterdam, we are sailing her big sister - the Eurodam. I'm very interested in seeing those menus you happened to get once you're able to get settled and get them scanned in.

Then I'll be equally enthralled to hear whether or not the NA menus are equivalent to the Eurodam's. Still need to decide on a Tamarind night!

Archived