Live from the MS Nieuw Amsterdam with thekuhnfamily...!

ASIWISH

Reagrding on board cabana prices, a search reviews a very recent thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1519549&highlight=holland+america+cabanas

And a slightly older one:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1489523&highlight=holland+america+cabanas

that will answer most all your questions.

At least we have our excuse IF we don't win the SuperBowl!

:D

If what the headlines are saying about Jay Cutler possibly being out for the rest of the season comes to pass, that would mean that Caleb Hainie (sp?) would have to get us that far. :rolleyes:

Thanks so much for sharing your trip in such an entertaining blog. Just one tiny complaint...it's 39 degrees in the NW burbs as I write this and I was so hoping you would bring back some of the 80 degree weather. Glad you enjoyed your cruise and at least this is a short work week :)

One other thing...Potsie is absolutely right...the road to the Super Bowl goes thru Green Bay :D:D

If you use the key card then it is always at the door when leaving, more importantly, just imagine how much energy could be saved if everyone removed their card when not occupying the cabin!! The whole point is that empty cabins need not be using precious resources.

We have always switched the lights off when leaving our cabins. Much like how we live at home. ;)

I couldn't understand why people on these boards suggesting bringing another key card to use with the lights... until I got on the ship.

Here is the reason:

If Nancy's room keycard was in the the slot and she wanted to leave the room, she'd have to take her key out of the slot. As a result, the room goes completely dark, the TV goes off, etc... It is a real pain in the behind. I'd have to fumble for my keycard, and then find the channel I was on.

We used my AA card, and when we left the room we simply lifted the card up a bit until it disengaged the mechanism. The lights turned off, and we could leave the keycard in the slot. When we returned, we gently pressed down the card and the lights turned on.

Great advice by the nice people on these boards.

I couldn't understand why people on these boards suggesting bringing another key card to use with the lights... until I got on the ship.

Here is the reason:

If Nancy's room keycard was in the the slot and she wanted to leave the room, she'd have to take her key out of the slot. As a result, the room goes completely dark, the TV goes off, etc... It is a real pain in the behind. I'd have to fumble for my keycard, and then find the channel I was on.

We used my AA card, and when we left the room we simply lifted the card up a bit until it disengaged the mechanism. The lights turned off, and we could leave the keycard in the slot. When we returned, we gently pressed down the card and the lights turned on.

Great advice by the nice people on these boards.

These little things in life!

Don't you guys know that the road to the Superbowl goes through Green Bay?? sorry, couldn't resist...GO PACK GO!

Wouldn't be ashame if the Bears went to Green Bay and beat them in the playoffs so that the Packers would lose. I would probably cry---NOT! Bear Down, Chicago Bears!

Wouldn't be ashame if the Bears went to Green Bay and beat them in the playoffs so that the Packers would lose. I would probably cry---NOT! Bear Down, Chicago Bears!

Playoffs? Bears? I guess if you're going to dream, you may as well dream big!:D

Playoffs? Bears? I guess if you're going to dream, you may as well dream big!:D

Just remember Green Bay was about to lose thier franchise if they didn't get a new stadium and Green Bay asked Papa Bear George Halas to try and talk the city into building and the peoplle to support it. Green Bay owes alot to George Staley Halas. This the same George Halas the created that great reality THE CHICAGO BEARS.

Just remember Green Bay was about to lose thier franchise if they didn't get a new stadium and Green Bay asked Papa Bear George Halas to try and talk the city into building and the peoplle to support it. Green Bay owes alot to George Staley Halas. This the same George Halas the created that great reality THE CHICAGO BEARS.

Oh yes, my mother (a devoted Bears fan) brings that up just about any time the Packers are having a good season. All we can say is thank you Mr. Halas!

I'm hoping we're still thankful after today's game

... that hurt, Carol.... that really hurt.

So sorry, my evil twin must have gotten to my computer again. She can be so sassy!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Archived