Find out late boarding time

mountainmare

I have noticed that sometimes boarding is delayed because of Noro cleaning, inspection hold-ups etc.

We are sailing out of Fort Lauderdale. Is there anywhere where you can check online to see if boarding is delayed on the day of sailing? That way we could stay on the hotel grounds and relaz instead of standing around in line at the port.

It's not quite an airline with readily available status. I know of no easy way to check. The Seattle office probably knows but finding the right person to ask could be difficult to impossible. Truth is that it really isn't all that often that sailings or boardinghouse are delayed.

Thanks that is sort of what I thought.

I know it is "rare" but it has happened to us on our last two sailings, once from Tampa, once from Fort Lauderdale. We generally aim to get there around noon and hope to make the MDR lunch (just shoot me if I have to go to the lido). Often at that time we have missed to early bird rush and walk on in little time. Just hoping there was a secret check the status website or phone number.

Not the biggest problem to have--after all we are going to be on a dam ship.

In February 2010 we were oing to board teh Eurodam but its departure from Half Moon cay was delayed. HAL sent out email notifications around 3 am about the delayed arrival and boarding (pushed back to 3 pm); we sailed at 7 pm.f

Archived