Is there a "Formal Night" on Azamara?

stevenr597

My wife and I are scheduled to sail on the Azamara Quest in early February. We have previously cruised on both Celebrity and Cunard where, especially in the case of Cunard, dressing standards for dining can be quite formal. We have heard that the dress style on Azamara is " Business Casual."

My wife questions whether she should take a evening gown, and I would like to know if a sports jacket is sufficient, or would I need a suit.

We are travelling by air a great distance, and we feel that the less we back the better.

No, there are no formal nights on Azamara. A sport coat is not necessary but you might like to wear one in the speciality restaurants. I wore casual cocktail dresses for the first few evenings and progressively got more comfortable and casual. No one dresses sloppily just comfortably. It's a great way to cruise.

Our men wore a shirt with collar and khaki or dark pants. They didn't bring a sport coat and were definitely in the majority. The women in our group wore nice sportswear and dresses.

Jeans are fine for breakfast and lunch.

There may be one or two nights, depending on your itinerary, with dinner served around the pool and everyone was casually attired. You can also choose to dine in the Lido for an even more casual experience.

Enjoy your cruise.

My wife and I are scheduled to sail on the Azamara Quest in early February. We have previously cruised on both Celebrity and Cunard where, especially in the case of Cunard, dressing standards for dining can be quite formal. We have heard that the dress style on Azamara is " Business Casual."

My wife questions whether she should take a evening gown, and I would like to know if a sports jacket is sufficient, or would I need a suit.

We are travelling by air a great distance, and we feel that the less we back the better.

Hi Steven,

As others have said, Azamara does not have formal nights. Azamara refers to their dress code as "Resort Casual". Here are two links to Azamara's website, which should be helpful :

http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/plan-your-voyage/packing/proper-dining-attire

http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/plan-your-voyage/before-your-voyage/packing

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. Enjoy your Cruise !

Love the posts on this thread! For less tolerant advice on what to pack in your suitcase, check out the views in "Country Club or charity shop?"

please don't :) :)

i'm hoping Host Andy has his finger hovering over the "lock this thread" button on that judgemental thread !!!!

I've been on these AZ boards for a couple of years and that thread is truly a 1st.

please don't :) :)

i'm hoping Host Andy has his finger hovering over the "lock this thread" button on that judgemental thread !!!!

I've been on these AZ boards for a couple of years and that thread is truly a 1st.

What I love about cruising on AZ (third time in 3 weeks YEAH) - is that you can really do what you feel!!! The ambiance of the ship is such that you feel that whatever you do is acceptable!! I have dressed down, dressed up, put on REAL diamonds and FAKE pearls, worn the clothes I rushed on the ship with after a long tour to enjoy a wonderful meal with excellent company, fussed over myself and had a 110$ updo in the spa to prepare for a special meal in Prime C and stuck my hair in a ponytail for buffet dinner on deck. I have danced like a fool with Russ and got the Captain up on the dance floor for the first time EVER!!! I have taken off my girdle and LET IT ALL HANG OUT :eek: because I just felt like being onboard was being with family and close friends.

I am going on my 81st cruise in 3 weeks, I was in the travel biz for 15 years before I got a "real" job and I have worked in the service industry my WHOLE working life. I know what makes a great travel company. It is the people. Have I had extraordinary meals each and every time on AZ? NO. Has each and every experience exceeded my expectations.... NO. Have I had issues that needed to be resolved? YES. The bottom line is that with a realistic view to what can be achievable, Azamara has delighted and exceeded my expectations more often than not .... and that is not an easy task.

The onboard staff is like no other cruise line. They make me feel welcome, safe and cared for. This is what I look forward to. It matters not what my fellow passengers think as long as I spend time with genuine likeminded folks who value my presence as I value theirs.

And I truly enjoy the positive input of most perople on all the threads!!!

Life is what you make of it...... enjoy the ride!!! :)

Happy Sailings ...... Always!!!

How would you dress to go out in town to a restuarant, not an upscale Michelin place and not a lower end burger bar? You will say it varies, well that is exactly how it is on Azamara, people range on some nights from having simple cocktail dresses to having capris and nice tops. Its hard to explain but despite what you might have read elsewhere, these are ships where people focus on relaxing and enjoying each others company and the wonderful service of the staff and never give a second glance to what others are wearing apart from to think in my case, what a lovely top/dress/shirt where did he/she get that.

Enjoy

PS To set my level of experience in context, I have had 44 days on Azamara and have another 45 booked

Personally speaking, I like to dress up for dinner. I feel the wonderful Azamara experience deserves an effort on my part to look nice.......and I do enjoy wearing a glitzy outfit that I wouldn't usually wear for dinner at home.

However, each to his own as they say......and it doesn't really bother me that much if other people don't feel the same as me and want to dress more casually for dinner. Interesting conversation and friendliness are far more important to me. It may also be a cultural thing......I think we Brits do tend to dress more formally than most of our transatlantic cousins.....but that's OK too......as I said before "each to his own".

The great thing about Azamara is that we can all make a personal choice of how we want to dress in the evening.....and that's just fine by me! :)

Archived